Getting Nvidia GeForce Working with Titan/Natit

Rammjet

137 posts in this topic

My 7300GS worked before this.. but I did it anyway hoping to fix a vram problem I am having. The system profile is showing my vram as 64mb when it actually has 256mb. Anyone know whats capping my vram?

Gigabyte 7600GT 256MB Success!

DVI+D Sub (spanning) CONFIRMED! 24" Dell@1920x1200 + 17" Acer@1280x1024 !!!

DVI+DVI untested

VGA+TV out not working (mirrors at boot up, doesn't work past the Apple logo)

Power saving seems to work fine (P5LD2-VM SE C2Duo)

Sadly, No check box for Rotation in the Display Controls so I can't flip my monitor to portrait

Thanks a lot to DiaboliK and his NVidia 7600 series Installer for Natit found here:

http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/index.html

Model no.: GV-NX76T256D-RH Rev.3.X (Silentpipe II)... 3.x is newer, slim model, occupies only one slot.

Migrating from P5LD2-VM SE's onboard GMA950, first I had a booting system with SNOW EVERYWHERE.

People describe it as random black and white dots.... it's called SNOW in TV land!

This was because of the 950's OpenGL framework. THANKS to DUGNAMTAR!

I found this out in a search:

QUOTING dugnamtar to Davidovi:

>You should use correct version of OpenGL.Framework for Nvidia drivers. GMA950 OpenGL.Framework is not compatible with Nvidia >OpenGL.Framework.

>Extract the correct one with Pacifist(package extraction tool) from Jas DVD (10.4.8 Jas semthex package).

To make a long story short, I crashed my system trying to do this because I got confused in Pacifist. But I had an extra hard disk,

and I was in need of a re-install ANYWAY.

THIS WAS EASY, no messing with KEXTS...

I did a fresh install of latest JaS 10.4.8 (8.8.1). During installation I didn't select anything other than "Intel SSE3" and "10.4.4 Login Window". Upon entering the OS, the graphics showed some defects, but I got through the questionnaires ok. Then I installed the DiaboliK Installer and rebooted..... Perfecto! Topped it off with a sound fix by TARUGA!!! Microphone=YES!

-J Cat, Taiwan

My Hackintosh:

Core2Due 1.86@2.0, P5LD2-VM SE(2.0), NVidia 7600GT, 2x1GB RAM DDR667, Pioneer DVR-110, Firewire (TI chip), boot on SATA. Simple Multiboot with this mainboard: Hit F8. XBench 1.3 score: 130, no tweaks yet.

Edited by J Cat

• 2 weeks later...

I would love some help and guidance with my problem:

Installed the 10.4.8 JAS DVD w the ppf patches and semthex kernel etc... Used options: Intel, Bikedude ICH7R, and tital nvidia. (Have also tried with/without nvidia patch, bikedude).

After my installation, I get darwin saying MACH Reboot and it just hangs. I manually turn off the PC and re-start. I get either a black screen after grey apple logo (monitor turns off) or a blue screen where the circular loading icon comes up for a split second and then just loops like this.

After power cycling a few times, It seemingly randomly decides to make it to the desktop. OS X is running at full native res (1600x1050), and everything but my network card seems to be working just fine. All the eyecandy effects seem to be working. After playing around for a while, I reboot and get either a black screen or blue screen after grey apple logo, and maybe after 4 power cycles I hit the desktop again.

I am not sure how to proceed because from the looks of it things are working 99% but only when they want to...

Any ideas? OS X is such a tease but oh so beautiful.... I am assuming this is a problem with the video...

Clicking 'About this Mac' to get device ID crashes OS X back to the desktop but system profiler works for this... please help!

Specs:

Shuttle SD37P2 V2

Gigabyte 7300GT 256mb PCI-E (Using DVI)

ICH7R 975x based shuttle motherboard

2 GIG DDR2 Ram

SATA HDD

Pioneer DVD burner (IDE)

EDIT***

I did the instructions found on the first post. It did something, as now instead of a black screen after grey apple logo I am getting a 'You need to restart your computer' message. Powercycle brings it back to this screen, it seems I cannot make it recognize a restart... I am now thinking this is related to the original MACH reboot msg from darwin.... Still would like some suggestions. Thanks.

I have a Dimension 4500 with Nvidia Geforce 2 Mx/Mx400, on 10.4.8 (device id: 0110)

when I put this id in NVDAResman and NVDia10HAL.kext (not accurate names but bear with me) it gives me a kernal panic on reboot.. has anyone had any success with it so far?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue on Chaintech GeForce 6600 256meg AGP 8x Dual DVI, with Titan it works 100% qe/ci, with natit dual 0.1 I get all black screen's (both lcd's go to sleep), with 0.2 one screen goes to sleep one screen goes grey. and hangs there. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh why?!?

I can´t get my MSI 7950GT 512Mb to work with Core Image and Quartz Extreme... Every time i boot with GeForce.kext in Extensions the desktop won´t show up, only running in background!!! It has nothing to do with dual view, I have dual display´s.

Please help me? I have tried with Titan, Natit and NVinject.

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0295

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

SHARP HDMI:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 50 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

SHARP LCD:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.1 (9B18)

Kernel Version: Darwin 9.1.0

Boot Volume: Leopard

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: Gustaf Liljeblad’s ACPI

User Name: Gustaf Liljeblad (Gustaf)

Time since boot: 36 minutes

• 3 weeks later...

After a hours and hours of screwing around I finally got it to work with the help of this thread. It wouldn't continually hang on boot until I removed AGPGart.kext... then it botted up and QE/CI works nicely. System profiler now lists the Bus type as PCI where with AGPGart it said AGP (it's an AGP card) so I don't get that... but it works so who cares what it says.

Thanks guys, ya'll are great!

• 1 month later...

hello,

i tried everythings to make my 7800gs working ci/qe but it was useless ,everythings was working perfectly,my dell monitor,all the resolution.....and i decide to change my bios setting,i put 128 instead of 256, disable all the agp fonctions and put first display pci instead of agp, and you no what it's working now!

so if it can help someone ,your welcome!

tiger 10.4.8 jas amd+titan (tried nvinject but it just srew up my "about this mac" fonction!)

epox nforce 3 250

opteron 144 @2600

leadteak A7800gs agp

Léopard don't like nforce3 it seems but i don't give up