Getting Nvidia GeForce Working with Titan/Natit

Rammjet

137 posts in this topic

hi

i am new to mac and after a lil playing around have installed jas os 10.4.8 amd intel sse2 sse3. everything seems to be smooth except i am getting boxes on my screen and my sound doesnt work. could someone suggest me some links or cracks. Also the display is perfect when i am installing the OS but get boxes when in the actual OS , Lastly only Analog Display Port Work not DVI. the config of my machine is

2 X Dual Core Xeon CPU's

Intel S5000xvn Motherboard

2 GB Fb Dimm

Saphire Ati X1600 Pro

On Board Audio Realtek ALC260

19" Samsung 940BW

Sony Dual Layer DVD Writer

I am trying to build a Mac Pro here any suggestions pls, also u can mail me at ajitabhpuri@gmail.com

Cheers

hi

i am new to mac and after a lil playing around have installed jas os 10.4.8 amd intel sse2 sse3. everything seems to be smooth except i am getting boxes on my screen and my sound doesnt work. could someone suggest me some links or cracks. Also the display is perfect when i am installing the OS but get boxes when in the actual OS , Lastly only Analog Display Port Work not DVI. the config of my machine is

2 X Dual Core Xeon CPU's

Intel S5000xvn Motherboard

2 GB Fb Dimm

Saphire Ati X1600 Pro

On Board Audio Realtek ALC260

19" Samsung 940BW

Sony Dual Layer DVD Writer

I am trying to build a Mac Pro here any suggestions pls, also u can mail me at ajitabhpuri@gmail.com

Cheers

Rammjet,

So far, this thread has gotten me the closest to getting my video card working, but I have one more question for you...you mention SSE2 people may need to extract the OpenGL.framework from the 10.4.8 combo update. I have downloaded this update, and installed Pacifist, but I don't see any reference to OpenGL anywhere inside it...could you give me a puch in the right direction on how to get this out of the update?

I'm thinking with my system, I'm gonna need it having a SSE2 CPU.

Thanks

(01/18@16:33CST) NM, I'm an idiot...got it now...:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by zarathos

Hey Everyone,

i recently decided to get rid of my stable 10.4.3 and get 10.4.8. anyway, I installed JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/3 Intel/AMD with PPF v1. During the installation, I selected the Titan package. Anyway, the installation was smooth. The system started fine and in system profiler, it detects my AGP FX5600 (128MB). But it says that QE/CI is unsupported. And yet, I can change res. and refresh rate in the System Preferences.....

I haven't tried any of the methods here, JUST because it seems that Titan.kext is semi-working.....

Any suggestions to get QE/CI??

i've tried this and every other method to get my geforce mx440 to work without success.

How To Get Your Nvidia GeForce Video Card Working with QE/CI - maybe

Edit: I now have a 7600GS Nvidia card, so I have tried this and it works. I have QE/CI and spanning across two monitors. My device string is 0x039210de and I added this to the GeForce.kext, the NVDAResman.kext and the NVDANV40Hal.kext. None of these had an existing string inside that would handle my device id 0x0392. I placed the three kexts I modified into the Extensions folder along with all of the other GeForce* files. I did not place the other NVDANVxxHal.kext's into the Extensions folder. Then I dropped my Natit kext into the Extensions folder. I used the Natit_Dual_v0.01 found here. I first tried the Natit_Dual_v0.02, but it crashed when I connected the second monitor. After adding all of the files, I repaired permissions and removed the kext caches and rebooted.

The following is purely my observation of successful use of Titan and Natit with Nvidia cards. Forum member spanakorizo has worked hard to determine the basic process. I am trying to extend it to other cards and clear up some of the issues. If successful, you should have full resolution and QE/CI.

Need:

- Nvidia GeForce video card
with 256 MB VRAM or less

- a version of Titan or Natit kext

- device id of your video card

- 10.4.8 with new 8.8.1 kernel (newest versions are better for this)

.... also ....

- Possibly need to delete/move AGPGart if using Natit.

- For SSE2, probably need to add OpenGL.framework from Apple Intel 10.4.8 Combo Update

Put your device id into these three kexts:

- GeForce.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

- IONDRVSupport.kext

Put your device id into one of these kexts depending upon your card:

older cards  NVDANV10Hal.kext	   (see note)
4xxx cards   NVDANV20Hal.kext	   (see note)
5xxx cards   NVDANV30Hal.kext	   
6xxx cards   NVDANV40Hal.kext
7xxx cards   NVDANV40Hal.kext

Note
: np_ feels that NVDANV10Hal.kext and NVDANV20Hal.kext are "stubs" and will not provide sufficient function to make this work. Try it at your own risk.

To accomplish all of this:

- Drop your Titan or Natit kext into the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

- Edit the kexts and clean up as follows.

- Go to Terminal and type:
cd /System/Library
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache
(-- give password)
cd Extensions

sudo nano GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist
(-- edit the entire string <string>0x000010de&0x0000ffff ... </string> 
down to <string>0xNNNN10de</string>   where NNNN is your device id)
(-- press Control-O to save)
(-- press <Enter> to accept file name)
(-- press Control-X to exit)

(-- repeat "sudo nano" commands above for NVDAResman.kext)
(-- repeat "sudo nano" commands above for NVDANVxxHal.kext  where xx is value of your particular kext from table above)

sudo chown -Rf root:wheel GeForce* NVDA* Titan* Natit*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 GeForce* NVDA* Titan* Natit*
diskutil repairPermissions /

- Then reboot.

See whether it works for you. Provide feedback in this thread. If major errors or improvements are found, I will update the above.

hey can someone post there NVidiaHal.kext and NV****HAL40.kext files here for me. i am running 10.4.8 with semthex 8.8.1 and i dont seem to have these anywhere. i have an NVIDIA 512 MB 7300 GT and its not working with natit or macvidia drivers cause i dont have the above files or maybe someone can assist me. also if i get original mac os will it work with my card.

Hi, after reading a lot over the forums, i managed to get OSX working with QE,QE2D, CI on my rig ( check my signature ) by my way and double checked the procedure and it`s working.

So, what I did ? :

1. clean install of JaS latest iso build named "JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Integrated.JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3.Defiant diskutil fix.Integrated" , with selected AMD and Titan packages

2. after complete install ( I mean after you fill the user name and password in last step of install and booted to OSX desktop ... ), I started with modifying the device IDs only in these kexts ( for my MSI NX6600 Diamond device id is 00f2 ) :

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

GeForce.Kext

the modifying procedure is simple ( I will not describe it here, cause it is described in many posts )

just to be sure : chown & chmod modified kexts & delete kextcaches & repair permissions

3. after modifying kexts, remove AGPGart.kext from Extensions

4. reboot OS X, QE and CI should at 99.9% work if you have +- similiar or exactly same rig as mine :D

5. for QE2D support download THIS pkg and follow on screen instructions

6. Enjoy

PS : I don`t have any problems on my rig with OS X, everything is working perfectly .... only for that that GPU is listed as PCI card not AGP -> some performance decrease over people that managed to get Titan/Natit with AGP working together.

cheers,

murko

EDIT :

My xbench performance really sucks, so anybody have a solution to fix it ? I dont believe that my graphic xbench score are so poor. There must be something ....

Edited by murko

Hi, after reading a lot over the forums, i managed to get OSX working with QE,QE2D, CI on my rig ( check my signature ) by my way and double checked the procedure and it`s working.

So, what I did ? :

1. clean install of JaS latest iso build named "JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Integrated.JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3.Defiant diskutil fix.Integrated" , with selected AMD and Titan packages

2. after complete install ( I mean after you fill the user name and password in last step of install and booted to OSX desktop ... ), I started with modifying the device IDs only in these kexts ( for my MSI NX6600 Diamond device id is 00f2 ) :

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

GeForce.Kext

the modifying procedure is simple ( I will not describe it here, cause it is described in many posts )

just to be sure : chown & chmod modified kexts & delete kextcaches & repair permissions

3. after modifying kexts, remove AGPGart.kext from Extensions

4. reboot OS X, QE and CI should at 99.9% work if you have +- similiar or exactly same rig as mine :)

5. for QE2D support download THIS pkg and follow on screen instructions

6. Enjoy

PS : I don`t have any problems on my rig with OS X, everything is working perfectly .... only for that that GPU is listed as PCI card not AGP -> some performance decrease over people that managed to get Titan/Natit with AGP working together.

cheers,

murko

EDIT :

My xbench performance really sucks, so anybody have a solution to fix it ? I dont believe that my graphic xbench score are so poor. There must be something ....

I managed to work together NATIT and AGPGART on my rig, woooow, the performance boost is 4-5x faster when comparing if agpgart wasnt installed :) During this weekend I`ll write about how to do that on rig like mine.

cheers,

murko

results :

grafikaps7.th.jpg

xbench latest results

Edited by murko

Well, I edited GeForce, NVDANV40Hal, and NVDAResman, and put my device ID (0092) in correctly (read the whole thread).

I moved these files into the Extensions folder along with Natit.

Then, I did the chown and chmod, followed by a permissions fix, just to be sure.

When I reboot, everything looks great, it says NV40 hal initiailized, and I can change resolutions and refresh rates.

But, still no QE / CI.

Whats up with this?

~MiSfit

Edited by blue_misfit

Anybody got any suggestions for someone using an AMD 64 bit? What patches or kernels to use???

using JAS 10.4.7 (updated to 10.4.8 AMD combo's) and a GeForce 7300 GS PCIe

Titan's don't work

Natit's don't work

everything works except the video!

• 2 weeks later...

I had another attempt to get it to work with my FX5600. Rebuilt with Jas 10.4.8. Installed v0.2 as per instruction on page 1, removed AGPpart.kext. I got QE to work, and OSX outputs fine on CRT monitor.

However I also got a 23" Apple Cinema HD LCD which runs 1920x1200. I've tried the following but none works:

1. plug LCD into dvi port and boot up with only LCD. After the mac logo screen the screen goes blank, and the power light of the lcd blinks (on windows this indicates resolution is incorrect).

I have also tried booting with -x "Graphics Mode"="1920x1200x32@60" but this doesn't fix it.

2. Plug both displays in - 17" CRT into VGA port and 23" LCD into DVI port.

On LCD, the whole display stays blue after the mac logo. On CRT, it boots up fine, however the system is quite unstable and it would freeze if I was to go into display preference to try to detect display.

Thus, I can get VGA port to work, but I don't know how to get it to work on my LCD.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed 10.4.8 with my Geforce 7650GS. It detected as a 7600GT QE-CI are both working but my 2nd monitor on the DVI port doesnt work. Any suggestions?

---EDIT---

I got it working with Natit 0.02

Edited by fourme

How To Get Your Nvidia GeForce Video Card Working with QE/CI - maybe

Edit: I now have a 7600GS Nvidia card, so I have tried this and it works. I have QE/CI and spanning across two monitors. My device string is 0x039210de and I added this to the GeForce.kext, the NVDAResman.kext and the NVDANV40Hal.kext. None of these had an existing string inside that would handle my device id 0x0392. I placed the three kexts I modified into the Extensions folder along with all of the other GeForce* files. I did not place the other NVDANVxxHal.kext's into the Extensions folder. Then I dropped my Natit kext into the Extensions folder. I used the Natit_Dual_v0.01 found here. I first tried the Natit_Dual_v0.02, but it crashed when I connected the second monitor. After adding all of the files, I repaired permissions and removed the kext caches and rebooted.

The following is purely my observation of successful use of Titan and Natit with Nvidia cards. Forum member spanakorizo has worked hard to determine the basic process. I am trying to extend it to other cards and clear up some of the issues. If successful, you should have full resolution and QE/CI.

Need:

- Nvidia GeForce video card
with 256 MB VRAM or less

- a version of Titan or Natit kext

- device id of your video card

- 10.4.8 with new 8.8.1 kernel (newest versions are better for this)

.... also ....

- Possibly need to delete/move AGPGart if using Natit.

- For SSE2, probably need to add OpenGL.framework from Apple Intel 10.4.8 Combo Update

Put your device id into these three kexts:

- GeForce.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

- IONDRVSupport.kext

Put your device id into one of these kexts depending upon your card:

older cards  NVDANV10Hal.kext	   (see note)
4xxx cards   NVDANV20Hal.kext	   (see note)
5xxx cards   NVDANV30Hal.kext	   
6xxx cards   NVDANV40Hal.kext
7xxx cards   NVDANV40Hal.kext

Note
: np_ feels that NVDANV10Hal.kext and NVDANV20Hal.kext are "stubs" and will not provide sufficient function to make this work. Try it at your own risk.

To accomplish all of this:

- Drop your Titan or Natit kext into the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

- Edit the kexts and clean up as follows.

- Go to Terminal and type:
cd /System/Library
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache
(-- give password)
cd Extensions

sudo nano GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist
(-- edit the entire string <string>0x000010de&0x0000ffff ... </string> 
down to <string>0xNNNN10de</string>   where NNNN is your device id)
(-- press Control-O to save)
(-- press <Enter> to accept file name)
(-- press Control-X to exit)

(-- repeat "sudo nano" commands above for NVDAResman.kext)
(-- repeat "sudo nano" commands above for NVDANVxxHal.kext  where xx is value of your particular kext from table above)

sudo chown -Rf root:wheel GeForce* NVDA* Titan* Natit*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 GeForce* NVDA* Titan* Natit*
diskutil repairPermissions /

- Then reboot.

See whether it works for you. Provide feedback in this thread. If major errors or improvements are found, I will update the above.

I have tried this method but I do not have a Geforce. I have PNY nvidia quadro fx 1300 (device id 00fe). I have placed a few posts but there is no 1 that has this card. Any help from any1 please

Hello and thank you Dense for your tip on how to get the GeForce go 6800 to work with QE/CI on DELL Inspirion 9300.

The first I had to do was to get my ISO (the newest from JaS) patched with the ppf image.

Then I removed all my previous partions on the disk before starting the Installation. Partioned the disk with the built in tool and used fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (I only have one partion...) to set it to ACTIVE.

The I just let the installation proceed as a normal osx86 installation.

Upon the first reboot i pressed F8 and booted in to singleuser mode (-s +<ENTER>)

Mounted the system disk as read/write.

Then I used vi to change Info.plist in GeForce.kext, NVDAResman.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext. Now everything works just fine except my built in WiFi (Intel pro Wireless 2200BG).

Does any one know how to get the device ID for this kind of card?

How do I mount the system disk as read/write? I was angry because i changed everything and then restarted and it didn't work. I went back and checked and all of my things I erased were back.

hey there,

i were using msi nx6600 diamond pci-e vga card with full support formely and last week i have changed my vga card to 256 bit support msi nx6800 gs. after many tries there are no QE and CI support. I am only able to set up osx without nvidia driver at custom settings and when i try to load natit and natit universal driver it crashes. anyone who succeed full work with 6800gs and how? thanks...

I'm using GF 7300GT 128mb DDR3. I'm using vista so unknown application couldn't read my device. This is my VGA card device info from win XP. Which one is the device ID?

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Chip: Unknown Chipset from Nvidia Corp

Full Details

PNP ID

VEN_10DE&DEV_0393&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1

Windows Detected Vender

NVIDIA

Windows Detected Device

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Detected Chip Vender

Nvidia Corp

Search Results (Internal Stuff)

RPL_GOT_VENDER

RPL_GOT_NO_SUBID

Hi all,

I have ASUS P5VD1-X and a GeForce 7300 GS 128MB. I follow Rammjet's method, clean install with JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 PPF1 Defiant diskutil biker880 ICH7R patch integrated, and select the Natit for NV40 NVidia card, at the first boot it won't show the login windows, just a black screen. Then I reboot in single mode to disable the Natit first, then I can login. After modifying all GeForce, NVDAresman, and NVDANV40 kexts I apply the first the Natit for dual display 0.2 then Natit Universal installer from Neopheus, but neither of them work, when I apply the Natit it just turn black at the login screen. Please help me

Thanks