Mac OS X 10.5 9A326 Seeded

dago

106 posts in this topic

That isnt what I am saying at all.

I am saying I dont like that part of the installer and think its really cheap and tacky, and for apple to start doing something similiar is just daft. You have already bought the OS, why do they feel the need to advertise to you?

...and for the record both companies copied the WIMP interface philosophy from Xerox.

Edited by Embio

That isnt what I am saying at all.

I am saying I dont like that part of the installer and think its really cheap and tacky, and for apple to start doing something similiar is just daft. You have already bought the OS, why do they feel the need to advertise to you?

Just because someone has the OS doesn't mean they know of every single feature/application. My dad has never even opened iChat for example....

...and for the record both companies copied the WIMP interface philosophy from Xerox.

True, but Apple actually hired many of those guys after Xerox decided not to go ahead with the project, Microsoft did not.

Please more info about the ZFS support :(

More what? Everything there is to know about it is already at Solaris' web page. Google Solaris and ZFS to find out more.

True, but Apple actually hired many of those guys after Xerox decided not to go ahead with the project, Microsoft did not.

More what? Everything there is to know about it is already at Solaris' web page. Google Solaris and ZFS to find out more.

I know about ZFS in general, but I want to know about the support for it in Leopard. Screenshots of Disk Utility showing it, or what command line tools relevant to ZFS have been included so far, man pages, filesystem driver bundles, etc.

So is that to say ZFS will be a possible filesystem to run the OS on, or is it simply a new formatting scheme available for use?

Like, you can use Disk Utility to format something in FAT32, but you can't run OS X on a FAT32 volume. I wonder if ZFS means we will no longer have all the messy Spotlight index files and such, and if it offers any feature\performance benefits? Perhaps Time Machine integration?

I think that information is more interesting than a screenshot.

well so far people have reported it does not work, that it just sets there saying it is but it really isnt, i think apple just threw it in to get people excited. and hopefully you can run OSX on it, o dont see any other reason to have it.