[How to] Fully working - Beta9 SSE2

mathdude1284

99 posts in this topic

rebooted with the -v boot flag, I think im getting a kernel panic.

It loads a ton of extensions, then gives me this:

panic(CPU 0 caller 0x001A3129): unresolved kernel trap(CPU 0, Type 14= page fault)

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, format -frame: Return Adress (4 potential args on stack)

"numbers that look like products IDs"

kernel loadable modules in back trace(with dependencies):

com.apple.iokit.IOPCCardFamily(1.6.2)

dependency com.apple.iokit.IOPCIfamily

There was another dependency and it included the com.apple.iokit.IOPCIfamily dependence as well as another one for something that looked almost exactly the same, except had a few different letters where IOPCI were (I didnt write it down.)

The install CD wouldnt boot at all. I will make a new partition with the free space on my windows drive, and see if I can acess any of the files.

I am having exactly the same problem :huh:

I tried several other manual installation methods too but always got kernel panic

Maybe I should wait for the new build

[sony Vaio FS15LP]

Dothan 2.13Ghz

DDR 1GB

Intel ich6M

Samsung ide 80GB

Nvidia Go 6200 Turbocache

Ok, if it s panicking on APPLEPCCardFamily.kext, what do you think is the logical thing to do?

REMOVE IT!!!

Im trying, but, i cant get to the partition to do that. My install CD wont boot, so I cant install another copy of OS X, and I cant figure out how to mount the partition in Ubuntu to delete the files that need deleting.

Im trying, but, i cant get to the partition to do that. My install CD wont boot, so I cant install another copy of OS X, and I cant figure out how to mount the partition in Ubuntu to delete the files that need deleting.

Why not just delete them with transmac in windows? Boot the install DVD from VMWare..?

Why not just delete them with transmac in windows? Boot the install DVD from VMWare..?

well, now that I have ubuntu installed I cant even get into windows anymore. its wierd. I tried to set my windows partition as active in gpart, however, it doesnt make my computer boot into windows. I dont even have any options for OS X or windows in GRUB. I know the files are still there, because I can see them if I try to mount them. I just cannot get it to boot to the other partitions. Im going to keep trying, since I really like using OS X, but its not looking good right now.

well, now that I have ubuntu installed I cant even get into windows anymore. its wierd. I tried to set my windows partition as active in gpart, however, it doesnt make my computer boot into windows. I dont even have any options for OS X or windows in GRUB. I know the files are still there, because I can see them if I try to mount them. I just cannot get it to boot to the other partitions. Im going to keep trying, since I really like using OS X, but its not looking good right now.

If you get to the GRUB prompt (hitting ESC at the GRUB menu) you can try this:

1. root (hdX,Y) Where X is the disk number, starting from 0, and Y is the partition you want to boot, starting from 0

1bis. Just in case the previous command gives problems, you can use "rootnoverify (hdX,Y)" as a replacement

2. chainloader +1

3. boot

OK yesterday those titan things messed up my computer new install because i must have something wrong and also osx was very slow compared to the install before (this was before titan).

So i installed all over again osx 10.4.7 sse2 tested it somewhat everything worked. This time it was fast again bootime to screen 15 sec and copy the 250 jas sse2 updater in 10 secs. After that i did the update and everything went well. I have now a new kernel 10.4.8 based on sse2. No problems so far everything works like it should, no crashes. I still use the old itunes but i can play videos and mp3 at the same time no problem.

Don't know what else to test, seemed to work here, now its time for real 10.4.8 disc with sse2 emulation build in :blink:

Jas were are you?

Semptex are there any other things you want me to test?

Cant anyone create a titan install script that ask for your 6 digit vendor code and do the rest. Lesser change to corrupt my install again.

btw 1 thing about mac says now i have a 0 mhz cpu :D but if i zoom in on cpu it says the good speed and type.

btw 2 is it smart to do the software updates , security updates apple show me?

If you get to the GRUB prompt (hitting ESC at the GRUB menu) you can try this:

1. root (hdX,Y) Where X is the disk number, starting from 0, and Y is the partition you want to boot, starting from 0

1bis. Just in case the previous command gives problems, you can use "rootnoverify (hdX,Y)" as a replacement

2. chainloader +1

3. boot

thank you very much.

I (accidentally) wiped out my main partition. The main thing I was worried about was my music, which was saved on my roommates external HD from the last time I had to do a system refresh. Which was very lucky, since I figured he had deleted it by now.

Ill try to apply the update with the .kext files that were causing the panic removed. hopefully that will help.

Help!!! I just installed the jas 10.4.8 upgrade with the beta 9 kernel and when it gets to the boot screen a transparent black screen goes over the boot screen and there is a message saying i need to restart my computer i get it every time i restart.

Help!!! I just installed the jas 10.4.8 upgrade with the beta 9 kernel and when it gets to the boot screen a transparent black screen goes over the boot screen and there is a message saying i need to restart my computer i get it every time i restart.

hm i had that after titan install, without titan no problem only installed 10.4.7 reseed and jas beta 9.

i think i know why it didn't work i didn't do the repair permission and the prebindings i can do that from terminal in the installation dvd right?

Yes, boot the install DVD and go to Terminal and type:

diskutil repairPermissions "/Volumes/(name-of-OSX-partition)"	   <--- use quotes if partition
																   - has a space in the name.
																   - Don't use parentheses though
update_prebinding -root "/Volumes/(name-of-OSX-partition)" -force   <--- use quotes if partition
																   - has a space in the name.
																   - Don't use parentheses though

(corrected - but harder to type, sorry)

@Debian - I changed the command. Do not use the "update_prebinding -root ./ -force " anymore. See my changed commands in the original post above.

The "./" is not right for the "update_prebinding" command - it wants a full path, not a relative path.

Hey, i have successfully upgraded to the new b9 kernel and booted into my system without problems

with fresh install of JaS 10.4.7 SSE2 patches and decrypts

and then applied the JaS compo package with thesemx b9 kernel included.

every thing seems to be just fine

tested itunes, quicktime, about this mac, and safari.

all worked great..

but i want to at least to be able to change the resolution of my screen

so i installed macvidia.

now it wont boot into the GUI and it gives me the SHUTDOWN messege with many languages.

any suggestions ?

my system

Intel 865 PREL

P4 2.4 SEE2 NorthWood , 512 KB cache

512 MB DDR Memory

MSI GEFORCE 4 FX5200 128 MB

onboard soundmax ==> Working

RTL 1389 ethernet card ==> Working