[How to] Fully working - Beta9 SSE2

mathdude1284

99 posts in this topic

I installed 10.4.7 natively and then updated using JaS SEE2 with beta 9 kernel.

Repaired disk perms, and update prebinding.

The system booted ok except for the following:-

When I launched Safari, text is garbled. Cannot acess some links.

After 10 minutes of inactivity I lose access to my USB keyboard and mouse.

System appears to be frozen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks. Will give this a try.

Do you have any idea why I lose access to my mouse and kb after approx 10 minutes of inactivity?

it might be something caused by the energy settings. When I move my mouse (touchpad) after approx 10 min of inactivity, I can hear my harddisk spinning up. It looked if the system had a sleep for a while.

Boot any install DVD and go to Disk Utility and run permissions from there.

tried this first, same problem. then i formatted the partition, reinstalled 10.4.7, once it took me into my clean install i restarted just to make sure everything was working. it was. then i installed the sse2 patch, when it said restart i repaired permissions THEN restarted. same thing. just the apple and spinning icon.

what is the prebinding thing? maybe thats it.

Damned i am so tired and frustated from trying.

So far the result is that i did a few clean installs of 10.4.7, changed nothing yet. Then the jas sse2 b9 patch that also worked i updated itunes and imovie. I can play videos but itunes not enough memory and wont play. So i is better not to update :P

I installed natit the titan installer, ofcourse that also didnt work it said 256mb instead of 128mb and no co or QE. Then i read the text from titan, it doesnt say much but i said something about replacing the 0003c10de with the i from your own vidcard and indeed the natit installer didnt regonize the correct id and installed wrong i guess.

So i tried to edit the the 3 kext files, it didnt open if i click on it, it cant be opened with text edit, so i click show contents the i see the needed files i edited them but when i want to save it says it cant save, arrgh

the readme also said something about doing: sudo chmod -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/* it ask my password, i give it and it says " Invalid file mode: root:wheel" what the f*ck.

Its so f*****ng frustating if you arent an expert allready. So i gues if have to google the rest of the evening too and use the search here. So i gues ss2 patch works its a pity i can test it yet with anything to see or it really worked. Firts i have to get my vidcard working on 1280

configd[52] "NO AIRPORT DRIVER FOUND"

just before the gui would start

WOW >>>>>> is this the line which you cannot read in time before your screen gets FCKED-UP???

My story, I updated succesfully from CLEAN 10.4.4 to "10.4.8 JAS COMBO beta9 intel sse2" SAFARI is working great but "about my computer gifs a black screen and than desktop popups again" but i'm not able to check about my computer!!!

then i wanted to make natit work, therefor I tried "NVIDIA natit rar kexts with AGP"

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=34244#

AGP is detected, Natit says its loading, its detecting my card and then its starts LOGIN WINDOW and after login window the line appaered.

"NO AIRPORT DRIVER FOUND"\

I did a repair permissions with osx boot dvd.

SYSTEM=p4b533e- fx5200 intel p4 2,4ghz realtec lan working soundblaster extigy

Fully working :

What I did:

a. Starting from 10.4.7

b. Applied JaS 10.4.8 AMD SSE2 Combo which includes Semthex 8.8.1 Beta9 SSE2 Kernel

c. Opened Apple Offical 10.4.8 Combo pkg with Pacifist & extracted following files

Extensions =>

NVDA*.kext

GeForce*.kext

IONDRV*.kext

Frameworks =>

OpenGL.Framework

d. Replaced my existing files with above files.

e. Copy Titan.kext

f. Repair Permissions (diskutil repairPermissions /)

g. updated prebindings (update_prebinding -root / -force)

h. reboot

Result Full QE/CI !!

Then i read the text from titan, it doesnt say much but i said something about replacing the 0003c10de with the i from your own vidcard and indeed the natit installer didnt regonize the correct id and installed wrong i guess.

Most of the installers are dumb. Without special programming added, they can't tell what your id is. That is why instructions say to edit your own. The installers are just dumping files into the correct directories and repairing permissions.

So i tried to edit the the 3 kext files, it didnt open if i click on it, it cant be opened with text edit, so i click show contents the i see the needed files i edited them but when i want to save it says it cant save, arrgh

The file is in a system directory. Move the kext to the Desktop which is your directory. It will make a copy on the Desktop. Edit that and drag it back. It will say can't do that, but just give it your password. It will ask if you want to replace, say yes. Then repair permissions and the following:

the readme also said something about doing: sudo chmod -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/* it ask my password, i give it and it says wrong password.

Disk Utility doesn't seem to repair permissions on the files inside the kext. So this command will do that. You only made a typo with your password, try it again slowly.

After messing with kexts, you should also delete these 2 files in the /System/Library folder: Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache

This SSE2 effort is as beta tester. If you aren't up to the task, wait until it is finished and an installer for the whole thing will be made. 3 days ago, you didn't have any 8.8.1 SSE2 kernel to run with. You can wait a couple of weeks more.

rammjet: thank i will read and try that. But i wasnt trying the new kernel becuase i couldnt wait. But becuase not so many people were testing so i tried to help Semptex with some extra test preparing to ruin my working setup if needed.

If everybody sits and waits nothing happens, i knew it would be difficult but not that it would be that difficult.

I went from 10.4.7 to the new kernel and everything works as it did in 10.4.7 except i now have a 0 MHZ unknown processor. I looked through my installer with pacifist but can't seem to find the loginwindow.app

EDIT: I spoke to soon right as I posted I found the file. My question is what do I do with it now?

just installed an upon reboot got the "restart your computer" screen.

What I did. Installed the update over the 10.4.7 install that I was using. went into terminal and did the "update_prebindings" command. I opened up diskutility before the command had frozen, and then the computer froze. I restarted by pressing the power button and now it wont boot into OS X. I will try a reboot with the boot flags, and I will also try repairing permissions with the install DVD.

Im on a Pentium M 1.6

rebooted with the -v boot flag, I think im getting a kernel panic.

It loads a ton of extensions, then gives me this:

panic(CPU 0 caller 0x001A3129): unresolved kernel trap(CPU 0, Type 14= page fault)

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, format -frame: Return Adress (4 potential args on stack)

"numbers that look like products IDs"

kernel loadable modules in back trace(with dependencies):

com.apple.iokit.IOPCCardFamily(1.6.2)

dependency com.apple.iokit.IOPCIfamily

There was another dependency and it included the com.apple.iokit.IOPCIfamily dependence as well as another one for something that looked almost exactly the same, except had a few different letters where IOPCI were (I didnt write it down.)

The install CD wouldnt boot at all. I will make a new partition with the free space on my windows drive, and see if I can acess any of the files.

rebooted with the -v boot flag, I think im getting a kernel panic.

It loads a ton of extensions, then gives me this:

panic(CPU 0 caller 0x001A3129): unresolved kernel trap(CPU 0, Type 14= page fault)

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, format -frame: Return Adress (4 potential args on stack)

"numbers that look like products IDs"

kernel loadable modules in back trace(with dependencies):

com.apple.iokit.IOPCCardFamily(1.6.2)

dependency com.apple.iokit.IOPCIfamily

There was another dependency and it included the com.apple.iokit.IOPCIfamily dependence as well as another one for something that looked almost exactly the same, except had a few different letters where IOPCI were (I didnt write it down.)

The install CD wouldnt boot at all. I will make a new partition with the free space on my windows drive, and see if I can acess any of the files.

if you can boot into Single User Mode (-s) then try deleting IOPCCardFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

single user mode did not work. However, I copied down the other dependencies listed. They were:

com.apple.iokit.AppleACPIFamily

and it was dependent on

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIfamily and

com.apple.iokit.IOACPIfamily

to thisisepic:

no, the new kernel requires 10.4.8