SSE2 ... please look inside

semthex

129 posts in this topic

Stop been racist.

Just coz SSE2 are a minority.

What?? racist?? Come on dude...we are talking about computers here...no needed of this. 'Racist' you really think its the right word here? Think about it, i'll give you a second chance.

It's not because SSE2 is a minority, it's because Semthex is just one guy, working for 50.000.

Plus, OS X will suck with SSE2. Yeah it will 'run'....(run?) let's see.

By the way, i think i explained myself in a polite way, please be less rude if you ever talk to me again.

Greetings,

What?? racist?? Come on dude...we are talking about computers here...no needed of this. 'Racist' you really think its the right word here? Think about it, i'll give you a second chance.

It's not because SSE2 is a minority, it's because Semthex is just one guy, working for 50.000.

Plus, OS X will suck with SSE2. Yeah it will 'run'....(run?) let's see.

By the way, i think i explained myself in a polite way, please be less rude if you ever talk to me again.

Greetings,

Sure we understand you think sse2 based cpus are too old and people with them should upgrade.

Sse2 will be no slower then it was in any other sse2 based os x install since 10.4.4.

People have their reasons for not upgrading , we are not hardware elitists here , if they can be supported they will be.If not then we all tried our best and have nothing to fel bad about.

It has taken Semthex & Rufus more then their fair share of work to get the sse3 emu working but hey,thats how it is in life.A few people see a need for something and step up , give everything they can until the need is met and carries the rest of us.

We have more then our fair share of these people in this community,and in this way we are blessed and strong .

Semthex & rufus have earned their place with us here , and I am better off because of knowing them.

Yeah it will 'run'....(run?) let's see.

My SSE2 P4 2.4 Northwood outperforms any G4 I've ever seen and used and that's quite enough for my daily usage :idea:

im pretty sure it comes down to the challenge for semthex to get SSE3 emu working and also the small fact that a lot of SSE2 users have donated to him to get a working kernel.

i also dont really see what else he could work on at the moment thats kernel related, 10.4.8 with his latest kernel works perfectly on SEE3 and hardware that matches apple.

Thanks for all the congratulations :-)

Sorry that I couldn't respond on IRC yesterday anymore, but my line was cut off and is not back until now. :)

My telco guaranteed me to bring my line back online unil the evening hours, and I will be back on IRC to run the first test with the ppl on there :)

Should the SSE3 users update to beta 9 (I'm using beta 8, now)?

Or it's only for SSE2 users?

Thanks Semthex!!!

You can, since it won't harm oyu in any way but not neccessary. SSE3 emulation won't be even noticeable if run on SSE3, kernel stays universal.

Great work, my laptop is SSE2 , 10.4.5 worked great but GRAPHIC Intel 855 /no driver yet/.Can I hope in this release for 855 support to be added?

Thanks

No , there hasn't been a driver for onboard intel extreme or extreme 2 gfx since 10.4.1.

Great work Semthex, i see that you even emulate more instructions then the 4 needed for 10.4.8. I counted 11 to be precise. Didi you also planned the last two? As i remember the SSE3 had 13 more instructions the the SSE2.

Amazing that you both did so much work in such a short time. I Hope we see some testresults form the testers soon. But all in good time. Thanks for all the hard work.