Do you belive in Jesus

haydio

DO you belive in Jesus  

178 members have voted

1. 1. so?

• Yes
    • No

197 posts in this topic

I do believe Jesus was one of God's prophets, but I don't believe he is the son of God.

Santa Claus is an exaggerated figure of Saint Nicholas, who lived in south Anatolia in the 4th century ;)

In what sense?

Well i goto a religious school, I don't want to but I'm made by my parents. I just find it ridiculas that people believe in a greater person and they have little proof they even existed :huh:

I think there probably WAS a Jesus, and that he was a philosopher or spiritual leader in the Gandhi sense. I do not beleive in God, therefore I cannot beleive Jesus was His son.

Ditto. So I voted "yes".

i believe there's a Jesus. iirc the dead sea scrolls prophesized about his birth and there are many accounts not only of his existence, but of his supernatural miracles.

besides, there is so much good in the world. how can there not be a god?

how can we choose to believe that an obscure (and almost impossible) probability wins over the fact that there is a being that created us?

even if there was no jesus and no god, the Christian religion is a good, moral way of life. think of how people who do good light up people's day.

i believe there's a Jesus. iirc the dead sea scrolls prophesized about his birth and there are many accounts not only of his existence, but of his supernatural miracles.

besides, there is so much good in the world. how can there not be a god?

how can we choose to believe that an obscure (and almost impossible) probability wins over the fact that there is a being that created us?

even if there was no jesus and no god, the Christian religion is a good, moral way of life. think of how people who do good light up people's day.

Dead sea scrolls prophesizing the birth of the son of God and then someone claiming that title ins't exactly proof.

so much good? where have you been. Iraq, darfur, Korea, Haiti to name a very small few.

Probability? Some dude sitting on a throne getting his jollies off creating the universe doesn't sound to probable. Why would any all knowing being waste the time if the outcome is already known? Free will is a trap. Any "Father" would not allow the level of pain and suffering that millions of "his children" have endured. It doesn't add up.

Most every war on earth can be attributed to organised religion in some form or another..

As for Christianity.. can you say hypocrisy?

/flame on

Anyhoo, sure we're in the Real Life forum section but is this really the place to be discussing such things? No better topics to start a fight than religion and politics.

Dead sea scrolls prophesizing the birth of the son of God and then someone claiming that title ins't exactly proof.

so much good? where have you been. Iraq, darfur, Korea, Haiti to name a very small few.

Probability? Some dude sitting on a throne getting his jollies off creating the universe doesn't sound to probable. Why would any all knowing being waste the time if the outcome is already known? Free will is a trap. Any "Father" would not allow the level of pain and suffering that millions of "his children" have endured. It doesn't add up.

Think locally. life is good, you know it. there is so much beauty.

wouldnt a good father let their kid make mistakes, so they learn? a good father wouldnt hold a young child away from a bike because theyd get hurt. he would let them try it, fall, get back up, and then try it again.

i never said God was a dude sitting on a throne taht created the universe for no reason.

you talk about the millions with miserable lives, but what about the billions having good lives?

Think locally. life is good, you know it. there is so much beauty.

wouldnt a good father let their kid make mistakes, so they learn? a good father wouldnt hold a young child away from a bike because theyd get hurt. he would let them try it, fall, get back up, and then try it again.

i never said God was a dude sitting on a throne taht created the universe for no reason.

you talk about the millions with miserable lives, but what about the billions having good lives?

Yes, life is great in my bubble, I know it is. I do let my children ride bikes but I don't let them ride in front of cars. I also wouldn't let my chldren be sold into sexual slavery or have them forced into military duty. I guess I have more of a conscienece than God.

Yes, life is great in my bubble, I know it is. I do let my children ride bikes but I don't let them ride in front of cars. I also wouldn't let my chldren be sold into sexual slavery or have them forced into military duty. I guess I have more of a conscienece than God.

Uhm, have you heard of the Bible? Cause you see, it's this little book that sorta gives you the guidelines to living a good and fulfilling life. God doesn't just give you the world with no instructions, he simply gives you the guidelines and lets you make the decisions about it. It's this wonderful concept called choice.

Most every war on earth can be attributed to organised religion in some form or another..

Wow, what a surprise, something that defines a person's role in the universe along with their eventual destination causes wars? What an unheard of idea? All sarcasm aside, of course you can point the finger at Religion for the large percentage of Wars in World History, but so what? Anything that motivates and inspires a group of people to believe in something solidly will start a conflict. Some conflicts turn out bigger than others. You want a world free of wars, you'll end up with a world free of nothing to believe in.

Your call.

What "doesn't add up"? You mention all the pain and suffering and act as if God does nothing about it. What do you think the entire New Testament revolves around? The life of Jesus Christ, and the eternal salvation he brings. If we then assume that there is a God, and that he's letting all this suffering take place, then we can also assume there is a heaven. He's offering us a way to eternal salvation from our temporary abode of Earth. Yeah, any "father" wouldn't let his children endure pain, but a good father takes a look at a much larger picture of pain and salvation.

"I believe in god, and god believes in me. and as i am god, i trust in me"

Really ... trust in jesus ... that sucks ... don't you better trust in yourself, instead of trust in someone you've never seen ????

Really ... trust in jesus ... that sucks ... don't you better trust in yourself, instead of trust in someone you've never seen ????

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that there's no human alive who has never made a single mistake. What we believe, and what we see is subject to constant change. To trust ourselves is just to trust a small changing perspective from among the whole. Seriously, how many times have we "trusted" ourselves, and then found ourselves shafted later for doing it? Plus, there are just so many things that we don't understand.

There was a man named Jesus, but he was not the son of any god.

If you can say that you truly believe in a god why would there not be a Santa Claus or Easter Bunny, why not worship the Tooth Fairy.

Spider Man and Super Man also have many books written about their accomplishments also.

Organized religions is for feeble minded people :2cents:

1) jesus claimed all throughout the new testament that he was the son of god

2) if he wasn't, that makes him a liar, and renders his entire philosophical teaching base completely false. he either was the son of god, or not. there's no room for this "prophet" talk

3) jesus didn't just fullfil one prophecy.. he fullfulled more than 60 seperate prophecies. statistically speaking, the odds of one person fullfilling so many is more unlikely that the sun sputtering out tomorrow source

so, yea, i believe in jesus... i don't believe in organised religion