I made a patch for people with 965 chipsets...

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

EtherealRemnant

EtherealRemnant

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
That's it... if I don't figure this out in the next 2 days, this board is going back to the store along with everything else I just bought and I'll stick the Core 2 Duo chip I bought on the shelf until there are boards with better compatibility but still great overclockability...

It finds the DVD burner now... but it doesn't find the SATA hard drives for either the purple or orange ports... It loads the VIA driver for the DVD burner and nothing for the drives...

But this is with the JaS v1p DVD. The reseed appears to be long gone so my chances of using your DVD are nil.

Edited by EtherealRemnant, 08 February 2007 - 05:31 AM.

genomespam

genomespam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
And so i've the same problem but, is there a solution different of usb+dvd pata or pata2sata+dvd pata?

And in case of, when mac osx86 is installed i can use my pata devices on jmicron or not ?

p.s. i'm downloading "Jas 10.4.8 with v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches attached" from demon, this torrent has jmicron patch? If not, can I patch it with ppf ?

Thank you a lot!

Toadman

Toadman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
To thedguy:

Hello,
Ive downloaded recently an iso from demon with "re-release, repackage" on it and has the same name as the one specified for the patch to work, only I get the same not found apple.boot.... error message after I patch it. The iso is visible in a virtual drive in my desktop, different from when the patch is applied to a completely different iso, when it just brakes. Im seeing many people have been getting this problem, and it is most likely due to the iso not being the same MD5 as the original for the patch, although it has the same name.

In this case, could u help out, if u just pointed out where I could find info on altering the DVD for booting or how to, as u did, I could just do it again on my DVD... Im sure this would help many peple and save many DL hours.

Im using an LG DVD drive on Jmicron PATA and my country doesnt have the adaptor cable, and SATA and external drives are just too expensive (I could buy a very decent video card for the price of that...), so I need IDE to work on the DVD...

Thanks in advance

Toadman

neokage

neokage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, has anyone tried this patch on a MSI P965 Neo F yet? Please let us know how it goes.

moookon

moookon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I'm trying to install it on a seperate 40GB IDE drive intended for my OSX.
It is FAT32 allocated and I'm using a 965 intel motherboard.
When trying to install it with the 10.4.6Hotiso it simply gave that "still waiting for..." so right
IDe drive is set to master along with the DVD-drive set to slave.
now I'm downloading "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]".
1. Is this going to work for me or do I need to apply some patch?
2. If so what patch and how do I apply it?
3. All I want for now is just to load the damn MAC install which worked just fine with VMware so any assistance on booting from the DVD would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dawncobra

dawncobra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hi,
i'm a little lost, which version is already patched with the JMB on the green demon ?

i have the [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip] but it doesn't work... :(

sebass

sebass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Where can i find jmicron patch ? Can you help me ?

jeandemi

jeandemi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a problem with an Asus P5B-VM DO (Q965 + ICH 8DO) + SATA HDD + SATA DVD-R (both on Intel SATA connectors)
installation of 10.4.8 seems correct, but on reboot, I have a black screen with "_" blinking on upper left corner

I have tried this SATA disk on a Asus P5L-VM 1394 board (G945 + ICH7) with same result...
on this P5L-VM, 10.4.8 work fine with an UDMA disk drive...

on both MoBo, I have set SATA to IDE setting
what is wrong?

Doom_Machine

Doom_Machine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i am having this problem of "still waiting for root device". i have tried the bios settings. my config:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86Ghz
HDD: Western Digital 320GB Sata-II

ne options ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy