I made a patch for people with 965 chipsets...

69 posts in this topic

Hi Thedguy,

Thanks heaps for your patch!

I'm using it on the JaS 10.4.8 iso, and have gone from the constant apple grey screen to a working installer, but I'm getting stuck a bit further down the path - When asked to select a destination volume, I'm getting two blank boxes.

I've set aside a 20gb primary partition and flagged it as boot with gparted under linux. I'm using a 320gb Segate SATA drive and I've tried the ICH8 and Jmicron sata ports, plus I've toggled SATA native/legacy under the bios and I'm still not getting anywhere.

I'm using the GA-965p-s3 motherboard with the F6 bios release - I might try F7 later today but the s3's bioses don't correspond with the DS3s and F7 only gives support for quad core or something by the looks which isn't particularly useful for me.

Current partition table:

WinXP (first thing installed) 20gb NTFS primary | Unformatted 20gb primary, boot | Logical partitions : 10gb Ubuntu Linux | 500mb Linux swap | ~250gb NTFS data partition.

Have I missed anything? Please let me know if you can think of anything, it's driving me mad!

Many thanks in advance :2cents:

Did you remember the set id=af for the 20GB partition you created? otherwise the Mac will not be able to recognize it as a HFS+ compatible partition.

Remember to erase/format the partition with Disk Utility, otherwise it wont show up on the list of installable devices.

To avoid any incompatibility issues, always keep your BIOS up to date.

• 2 weeks later...
The patch is integrated into the latest 10.4.8 AMD+INTEL iso that was released on 1/3/07. Get that. It's available from the demon.

Do you mean this one JaS 10.4.8.AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3, there is also a patch v1p needs to be applied to this DVD image.

Or there is a new release?

i got the patch from the demon site, but i tried a few times to rip off the dvd back to iso/nrg/bin/whatever then patch it and it didnt work.

Im not pretty sure of my dvd being the so called reseed at all... can anyone post here the checksum of the working iso before/after patching please? it would be a great help since i couldnt no longer find the iso where i got it from. Thanx a lot.

i got the patch from the demon site, but i tried a few times to rip off the dvd back to iso/nrg/bin/whatever then patch it and it didnt work.

Im not pretty sure of my dvd being the so called reseed at all... can anyone post here the checksum of the working iso before/after patching please? it would be a great help since i couldnt no longer find the iso where i got it from. Thanx a lot.

It didn't work for me either. I guess it has to be applied to originally downloaded ISO not rip off DVD.

It didn't work for me either. I guess it has to be applied to originally downloaded ISO not rip off DVD.

yeah maybe, but if we can manage to rip off an EXACT image with same md5 we dont have to get the whole load again, besides its no longer available for downloading on the demon... we can get it off any other places but we dont really know if its going to work just because we dont know wich exact iso do we need... md5 will clear some things out, so i hope anyone to be so kind of posting here...

I have JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.iso edition and I applied this patch using ppf-o-matic3.exe with jmb-patch.ppf file.IT DIDN'T worked for me I am still getting "System config file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found" error.But I am also curious about that I really did the patch true.Because ppf-o-matic3 tool doesn't report or give any clue about patch done.I don't want to buy an external DVD box or any ide-sata converter.I also tried the vmware 5.5.3 but it has a "64 bit guest operating" error.So any suggestions?

My system:

Asus P5B Deluxe/WIFI (ICH8R P965 chipset) MOBO

INTEL E6600 Conroe CPU

2Gb Kingston Hyperx 6400 RAM

ATI X1900XT Video

2*320GB Seaget SATA HDD

Asus 1608p3s DVD Writer

Samsung 205bw 20" Flat Panel

it doesn´t seem to work without an external dvd or at least an ide/sata-adaptor. :-(

i get the same error-msg even with the jmicron-patch included. no chance.

i´d like to know if it will work with an adaptor and (if yes) which one do i need? any specific details?

thx

chris

I have JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.iso edition and I applied this patch using ppf-o-matic3.exe with jmb-patch.ppf file.IT DIDN'T worked for me I am still getting "System config file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found" error.But I am also curious about that I really did the patch true.Because ppf-o-matic3 tool doesn't report or give any clue about patch done.I don't want to buy an external DVD box or any ide-sata converter.I also tried the vmware 5.5.3 but it has a "64 bit guest operating" error.So any suggestions?

My system:

Asus P5B Deluxe/WIFI (ICH8R P965 chipset) MOBO

INTEL E6600 Conroe CPU

2Gb Kingston Hyperx 6400 RAM

ATI X1900XT Video

2*320GB Seaget SATA HDD

Asus 1608p3s DVD Writer

Samsung 205bw 20" Flat Panel

Jesus people...

If you read the directions when you put the DVD in... it says to press ANY key to start the install or F8 to get advanced options.

If you don't push a key, it tries to boot your first hard drive. You know... kinda how Windows works? :pirate2:

I'm installing JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel v1p right now via VMWare.

I wish someone would put the Intel PIIXPATA driver back on the DVD so that the install can go back to taking 5 minutes instead of 20-30...

Anyway, I'll see if this is working. I have a DQ6 and get the root device error. T_T

Edited by EtherealRemnant

That's it... if I don't figure this out in the next 2 days, this board is going back to the store along with everything else I just bought and I'll stick the Core 2 Duo chip I bought on the shelf until there are boards with better compatibility but still great overclockability...

It finds the DVD burner now... but it doesn't find the SATA hard drives for either the purple or orange ports... It loads the VIA driver for the DVD burner and nothing for the drives...

But this is with the JaS v1p DVD. The reseed appears to be long gone so my chances of using your DVD are nil.

Edited by EtherealRemnant

• 1 month later...

And so i've the same problem but, is there a solution different of usb+dvd pata or pata2sata+dvd pata?

And in case of, when mac osx86 is installed i can use my pata devices on jmicron or not ?

p.s. i'm downloading "Jas 10.4.8 with v1p and Deviant Disk Utility Patches attached" from demon, this torrent has jmicron patch? If not, can I patch it with ppf ?

Thank you a lot!

• 1 month later...

To thedguy:

Hello,

I´ve downloaded recently an iso from demon with "re-release, repackage" on it and has the same name as the one specified for the patch to work, only I get the same not found apple.boot.... error message after I patch it. The iso is visible in a virtual drive in my desktop, different from when the patch is applied to a completely different iso, when it just brakes. I´m seeing many people have been getting this problem, and it is most likely due to the iso not being the same MD5 as the original for the patch, although it has the same name.

In this case, could u help out, if u just pointed out where I could find info on altering the DVD for booting or how to, as u did, I could just do it again on my DVD... I´m sure this would help many peple and save many DL hours.

I´m using an LG DVD drive on Jmicron PATA and my country doesn´t have the adaptor cable, and SATA and external drives are just too expensive (I could buy a very decent video card for the price of that...), so I need IDE to work on the DVD...

Thanks in advance

Toadman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to install it on a seperate 40GB IDE drive intended for my OSX.

It is FAT32 allocated and I'm using a 965 intel motherboard.

When trying to install it with the 10.4.6Hotiso it simply gave that "still waiting for..." so right

IDe drive is set to master along with the DVD-drive set to slave.

now I'm downloading "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]".

1. Is this going to work for me or do I need to apply some patch?

2. If so what patch and how do I apply it?

3. All I want for now is just to load the damn MAC install which worked just fine with VMware so any assistance on booting from the DVD would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem with an Asus P5B-VM DO (Q965 + ICH 8DO) + SATA HDD + SATA DVD-R (both on Intel SATA connectors)

installation of 10.4.8 seems correct, but on reboot, I have a black screen with "_" blinking on upper left corner

I have tried this SATA disk on a Asus P5L-VM 1394 board (G945 + ICH7) with same result...

on this P5L-VM, 10.4.8 work fine with an UDMA disk drive...

on both MoBo, I have set SATA to IDE setting

what is wrong?

• 4 months later...