Natit Wiki...

Wallstreet

13 posts in this topic

Do we need separate compatibility lists for nVidia cards with Natit and Titan? AFAIK they support the same cards, and there is already a quite comprehensive list on Titan's wiki-page.

There are some folks who are solely using Natit on nVidia cards who haven't used Titan, and they should post their experiences under the utility that they used. Since Titan is no longer under active development, I think it's good to keep both seperate.

Just updated the wiki to include a download section with links to files and info about the different releases. I put that chart together by piecing together different posts so some of the information may not be 100%. If someone who has been following this development closely would make sure everything looks legit, I'd appreciate it. The last thing I want to do is have someone spend hours trying to get the wrong version of a kext to load because of a typo.

Just updated the wiki to include a download section with links to files and info about the different releases. I put that chart together by piecing together different posts so some of the information may not be 100%. If someone who has been following this development closely would make sure everything looks legit, I'd appreciate it. The last thing I want to do is have someone spend hours trying to get the wrong version of a kext to load because of a typo.

Good job. :turbin: I fixed up a few HTML errors in the tables...things should look good now. :wink2:

There is a bit of confusion in the HCL list.

The GPU and Model are NOT the same thing. For example; a 7600 has a G73 GPU, a 9700 is a R300 GPU. Some Models started with one GPU and then moved on to another eg: early 6200s used a NV43 GPU (a pipeline disabled core used in the 6600s -in fact some could be turned into 6600s) then switched to a NV44 or 44A (a much crappier GPU)

When attempting to get a card working the core is the important thing. In the ppc universe the 7800 used to be flash-able to mac till they switched cores.

A list of GPUs is included about 3/4 down the page here:

http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm

eg:

G72 - GeForce 7100 GS TC, 7300 SE, 7300 LE, 7300 GS, 7500 LE

G73 - GeForce 7300 GT, 7600 LE, 7600 GS, 7600 GT

as you can see a 7300GT is a cut down 7600 ->both use the G73 core, but a 7300GS is a different beastie altogether -> a G72.

you can find which one you have by decoding your product number... I think there are some tools in windows as well.

Nice catch. Go fix the Wiki with the correct entries you know of then. :)

Might be bit difficult without having the card in my hands, as some manufacturers might use a different core for the same model number. A good example is that many of the cheap 9800XTs (jetway comes to mind) use an overclocked r350 core, where as, it should be a r360 core ({censored}, I sound like such a train spotter) to be an "official" ATI XT.

I think a lot of our problems with; why with two cards of the same model one will work but not the other, is due to manufacturers playing fast and loose with the GPUs. If people could post the GPU that their cards are running as well as the model it would be really helpful.

Could you please state the full model name of the cards they add to the wiki?? Take for instance the MSI 7600GS that works with DVI+TV-out (something a lot of us are interested in I guess), it is available in two different models, one with a fan and one with only a heatsink. Which one should I get ?? Impossible to know from the current wiki-page....

Pretty please.. with sugar on-top... :P

Are there mirrors for Natit? The links to the zip files in the forum posts here don't seem to work, and the new natit website gives a 403 when you try and download the latest version....

Having said all this I found the wiki page really useful, it told me which of the different natit releases I needed even if I can't actually find anywhere to download it.

:jester: