x1400 kext/driver

ThePlague

34 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

patience people drivers are being developed by dong for x1400, he has managed to get native resolution to display in system perferences, i think we will have to wait like another month or so for the drivers to get completed.

• 1 month later...

well after doing a lot of research on the ati x1400 it seems that entering the device id in the kext file while under Leopard will not work to enable QE/CI and the forced display will not go higher then 1152x864. So we will have to wait for a fix for us Leopard users.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ehi Friends

I have the Same problem on HP 6820s with X1350

After many many many tries now i have qe/ci enabled (see my post) but no resolution change. i can only work with 1152x864. no More

The right FrameBuffer for X1300-X1400 is Caretta. I have tried all methods found on this forum but nothing.

Caretta FrameBuffer seems works fine only on external monitors. No on the Internal LCD

The max resolution that i can obtain is the same max resolution that i find on EDID Wiever softwares (like Phoenix under Windows)

The last hope, for me, is force the laptop LCD with softwares like SwitchResX or DisplayConfigX. No More

I hope in a good cooperation with you

You could buy a Dell PN# NJ887 Geforce Go 7300 for an Inspiron 6400/e1505 (only if you already have the x1400) for about $75 on eBay, but I just couldn't justify it for a machine that may or may not run vanilla kexts and be somewhat future-proof.

Hopefully someone breaks through with a good x1400 driver to end all the confusion. Also you can buy a Dell TrueMobile 1390/1490/1500 (1500 preferable) wifi mini-PCI card for an Inspiron 6400 and coupled with that Geforce 7300 you could conceivably have a Core2Duo Mac laptop. If you could get those vanilla kexts working you should be set.

Cheers,

Charlie

So it is my understanding that a driver for the x1400 is quite questionable...I have a Geforce 7300 ordered along with a Dell TrueMobile 1505 (both for only about $65), will I need to reinstall thru Kalyway all over again or can I just use Gotoh's NVinjectGo? These will be for my e1505. And could it be safe to assume that both would be recognized by the bios? (Dell A12 i think) Sorry if this has been covered, but obviously I am a super noob and I have been all over the forum trying to find a way to get full support for the ATI card.

Thanks to all who have contributed stickies and posts to help me get this far!!

So it is my understanding that a driver for the x1400 is quite questionable...I have a Geforce 7300 ordered along with a Dell TrueMobile 1505 (both for only about $65), will I need to reinstall thru Kalyway all over again or can I just use Gotoh's NVinjectGo? These will be for my e1505. And could it be safe to assume that both would be recognized by the bios? (Dell A12 i think) Sorry if this has been covered, but obviously I am a super noob and I have been all over the forum trying to find a way to get full support for the ATI card.

Thanks to all who have contributed stickies and posts to help me get this far!!

Where did you get find those for $65 bucks?