I run 10.4.8 on my T60, but...

watons

73 posts in this topic

I have a T60 with a x1300 running at 1400x1050 w/ CI&QE but still get some weird video artifacts when running games in full screen mode. Anyone have this issue?

How did you get the X1300 running?

I just installed the 10.4.8 Jas version on a T60 with x1300 (256MB) and I get the apple and then a black screen?

If someone can help me out?

The paperclip doesn't work (used to work on my T43).

Th and grtz

Hi Fellas,

I got CI/QE working perfectly, but I still cant get anything other than 1024x768 to work. I edited my boot.plist but it still doesnt work. Am I doing somthing wrong? Any suggestions? :hysterical:

I'm running 10.4.8 and used the natit ati auto pkg on my IBM t60, and the external resolution is great, but I cannot get my native lcd to work. It's an ATI x1300 and I've read many threads saying it should be working great. I'm so close, can someone please aim me in the right direction?

This is my com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1400x1050x32</string>

I did leave all the contents of the natit ATIRadeonX1000.kext. Should I remove cards other than mine? Should I have used the edited version, rather than the auto version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so close to having this t60 finished up. But without the native display it's falling quite short.

Craig

Hi,

I got the internal lcd working for the T60 with X1300 using the 10.4.8 Jas install dvd

and only choosing the Intel patch as an extra to install (no nvidia / ati or other hardware drivers patches)

The laptop boots without any problems, iI fixed the powermanagement with the explanation on the fist page.

I still got to work out the other drivers (audio, wireless,...)

Because I installed it without any other hardware support audio etc. aren't working, but at least the internal monitor works, no need for a dongle or external monitor!

Grtz

When I first did the install I had the lcd working, but only at 1024x768 (forcing the res did nothing.) Now I have all the modes I want with the external, but booting the native lcd gives me a black screen. Any chance someone knows if I can just update a line somewhere to get the native at the 1400x1050 it should be?

thanks for your replies.

Craig

Hi,

I got the internal lcd working for the T60 with X1300 using the 10.4.8 Jas install dvd

and only choosing the Intel patch as an extra to install (no nvidia / ati or other hardware drivers patches)

The laptop boots without any problems, iI fixed the powermanagement with the explanation on the fist page.

I still got to work out the other drivers (audio, wireless,...)

Because I installed it without any other hardware support audio etc. aren't working, but at least the internal monitor works, no need for a dongle or external monitor!

Grtz

I've got a T60 and my audio works fine but just the output. As for the 3945 wifi it will never be resolved. My screen is in 1400x1050x32 with CI/QE enabled. No 1680x1050 for us.

Didn't try the new uphuck v1.3 10.4.9 DVD

When I first did the install I had the lcd working, but only at 1024x768 (forcing the res did nothing.) Now I have all the modes I want with the external, but booting the native lcd gives me a black screen. Any chance someone knows if I can just update a line somewhere to get the native at the 1400x1050 it should be?

thanks for your replies.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I already switched to another T60 (2007-FVG) with x1400 card.

My other T60 was with an X1300 card and 14" screen, the max of the resolution was 1024x768

With the x1400 card I managed to get 1400x1050 following this method thx to Nebzar

Hardware:

ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 (Ven ID=1002, Dev ID=7145)

2.1) Hardcode your native resolution (1400x1050 in my case)

Edit /System/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist, adding the following lines:

Code:

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

Reboot. You should boot successfully into gui, with 1400x1050 resolution.

Grtz.

With my new T60 (2007FVG) I just can't figure out the wifi card. When i look up the parts of the laptop on the IBM site i get the following info

BRDCM BG SKU 802.11 Mini PCI-E

partnumber: 42T0824

Does anyone know what kind of wfifcard this is? Is it possible to get it working?

Thx and grtz

Edit: I did some more searching and found out that it is the following Wifi

ThinkPad 11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini Express Adapter This is a WiFi Adapter that is installed in a Mini-PCI Express slot

Features

• Chipset: Atheros AR5008 or Atheros AR5418
  • Integrated Mac Processor and Radio Chip: Atheros, unknown model
  • IEEE Standards: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n (draft)
  • PCI ID: 168c:0024

If I search for the card on the internet i find it's the same card used in the Macbook Pro.

How come that this doesn't work with MAC OSX86 then??

Please help me out!

Thx and greetz

It's not possible to switch on a T60 to a resolution of 1680x1050. The max you can get out of it is 1400x1050. Just by modifying the boot.plist as NaST was describing.

For your wifi card it's possible to install it and recognize it by OSX. There's a drivers to install, don't remember the maker but it exists.

Hope you can go further with that!

Hi Craig,

I already switched to another T60 (2007-FVG) with x1400 card.

My other T60 was with an X1300 card and 14" screen, the max of the resolution was 1024x768

With the x1400 card I managed to get 1400x1050 following this method thx to Nebzar

Hardware:

ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 (Ven ID=1002, Dev ID=7145)

2.1) Hardcode your native resolution (1400x1050 in my case)

Edit /System/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist, adding the following lines:

Code:

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

Reboot. You should boot successfully into gui, with 1400x1050 resolution.

Grtz.

Thanks for the reply NasT. My t60's graphics are showing like this: (it's native resolution is 1400x1050)

Chipset Model: Radeon X1300 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 64 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7149

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Just cannot make the internal LCD get past the black. External LCD plugged in works great.

Craig

Hi Craig,

how did you install Mac OsX? With which extras? The Ati and Nvidia drivers, Support for other hardware?

That didn't work for me. The internal display only worked if I just installed the base mac osx and intel support (NOT Ati and Nvidia drivers, Support for other hardware) and then my internal display worked from the first boot (although my native resolution was 1024x768)

Grtz

If someone can help me out with my wifi card? It's the 11 a/b/g/n, should be the same as MBP, but can't get mac osx to recognize it. Is someone had a kext for it, or some other good advice?

Thx

Hi Craig,

how did you install Mac OsX? With which extras? The Ati and Nvidia drivers, Support for other hardware?

That didn't work for me. The internal display only worked if I just installed the base mac osx and intel support (NOT Ati and Nvidia drivers, Support for other hardware) and then my internal display worked from the first boot (although my native resolution was 1024x768)

It's been a while because I keep reinstalling with just those options. I kept trying kexts that might work but then would get nothing (internal or external) and would have to boot the dvd, select just the base os and Intel, and I'd be back to where I was, but with only 1024 and no other support which doesnt work since many programs (iWork, etc.) need the qe/ci, which I get with my external lcd plugged in. I have so much installed at this point I really hate to start over and was hoping I could just get kexts that worked. My card is strange, however, with the x7149 version of the mobility x1300. This card (and wifi) are keeping me from happiness. I can buy a usb wifi however. Not so much for this lcd.

thanks,

Craig

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, I can't even get the OSX running correctly. It has to be something with drivers. My specs are:

# Model #: 2623-D3U

# Processor: Intel T2500 2.0GHz Core Duo

# Motherboard Chipset: Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM

# Hard Drive: 100GB 5400RPM SATA (Hitachi Travelstar HTS541010G9SA00)

# Memory/RAM: 1GB (1,024MB) (configurable up to 4GB)

# Screen: 15.0" 1400 x 1050 SXGA+ (LG Philips LP150E05 - A2)

# Graphics: ATI X1400 128MB

# Optical Drive: Multi-Burner DVD recordable

# Battery: 9-cell (extended life, protrudes from back of notebook)

# Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11 a/b/g), Bluetooth 2.0, InfraRed

I installed the x1x00 driver under ATI and that's it for the VGA part. If I do diagnostics mode a lot shows up but I see that it says "VID: family specific matching fails" Does anyone know anything I can do? Thanks so much.

• 4 months later...
Be sure you used the device id from your card.

Hi Rammjet, I have XxX x86 10.4.11 running on my Acer 5672WLMi with the ATI X1400 video card. Will I still need to download the 10.4.8 intel update or can I just edit the kext that is already on my system? I am new at some of this and would like to get QE/Core hopefully to get my DVD working. I also order new wi-fi cards for both the Acer and a GatewayMX3230 both running XxX 10.4.11. I seem to have better luck with the acer getting things to work.

thx for any help you can give. in the meantime have downloaded the 10.4.8 updates

bestman50

;)

To get QE/CI working, you need to change the device id list inside ATIRadeonX1000.kext:

ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x71c01002 0x41441002 0x4E481002</string>

add YOUR deviceid (get it from System Profiler / Graphics):

<string>0x71451002</string>.

This would get you the QE/CI support, but also the mouse tearing.

then go to the Terminal..

sudo -s
*your password*
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext

reboot ...ENJOY!

Hi I tried the method listed above but when I did the chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext in the terminal it said no file so I tried it with out the 755 (not sure what 755 is) then I did the chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext[/code] now the ketx file is locked can not access it. my system boots but no EQ or Core support. How do I unlock the file to try to fisx it? thx for any help ypu can give me. Bestman50

Hi, new at this kext stuff I used the text editor to edit the ATI kext file is that right or do I use terminal? also tried it with the kext file installed with XxX 10.4.11 version. there was some mension of using the one from the appleupdates 10.4.8 from apple. thax for any help you can give.

bestman50

• 2 months later...

I am trying to get resolution change on a x1300 mobility...

No problem changing resolution on external monitor, but on internal I´m stuck with 1024*768(although with QE & CI working)

Does anyone here have a suggestions as to how I can change the resolution?

:P

**** Ztardust ****

• 2 months later...

watons how did you get your graphics card to work? i have the same card on a dell E1505 but i dont know how to fix some of the things on it. i have the sound working with apple HDA patcher and sigmatel 9200.kext i also have the ponxwer management.bunddle for the battery image on the menu bar. the only thing i absolutely need now is a fix for the graphics mobility x1400 vcard. and i also need a fix for x1300 if anyone has that for a dell demension 3000. im a newbie so i hope someone will explain in detail. thanx!