Open ATi Mobilty Radeon 7500's QE!

H@ns

25 posts in this topic

If you have an ATi Mobility Radeon7500 card. Now you can open QE(but also no CI) with this driver package. Use the guide document in the package to install the driver.

But I found a problem, the "Callisto.kext" file in this driver package has been changed . So you also need the "callisto.kext" file in the callisto006 driver package.Then replace this file in the "./system/library/extensions/",I'm chinese,so I hope you can understand my English,:)

ATi_7500_Pack download link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/29425167/ATI_7500_Pack.dmg.html

Omni006 driver download link:

http://omni.starchaser.org/callisto/

I don't know how to paste picture here, so i give you a link below,click it you can open my topic in a Chinese Forum. There you can find my two screenshots. i hope you can understand my Chinese-English,haha!! :excl:

http://bbs.think-different.cn/thread-492-1-4.html

post-64919-1164879202_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried this and the resolution worked. However, I see 2 mouse pointers on the screen???? I can click but it clicks on a different spot than what the mouse pointer shows up at. Any Ideas what is happening? BTW, since the callisto website is down, I just used the kext that came with the installer package. Please help it is almost impossible to guess where the mouse will click.

I have an update. Looks like under the Display options, when I pick "thousands" under color, I see two pointers. The reason why I picked the "thousands" option was that everytime I would go to my LCDs native resolution of 1400x1050 with "Millions" selected for colors, I would get a garbled up screen. It was so distorted that I could not see anything. If I picked the "thousands" colors option, I could get the 1400x1050 res but the mouse pointer was messed up. So for now, I am using 1280x1024 with 60HZ and Millions of colors. Does anyone know How I can go to the higher 1400x1050 res without losing the desktop? Is there any way to chage to a color depth lower taht n"millions" but higher than "thousands"? or lowering the refresh rate below 60HZ under 1400x1050? Right now, under that res, all the lower refresh rates are greyed out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
Alrighty, installed the pack and callisto but still no luck

edited agpgart, callistohal, and atiradeonga.plugin

cant think of anything else

callisto loads fine on boot, but no QE

I have the same problem.

I installed Callisto and Ati Radeon Pack fine. I can change my resolution now but QE still isn't working. . .

Help?!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Me too,

I m looking for a solution to active QE on my system (jas 10.4.8 Intel SSE3) but I dont find, I m completely lost in this forum.

Anyone can post a complete post with files, plz .....

Thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Got a Thinkpad T40 ...

followed the instructions to replace and modify the ATI 7500 pack with the callisto 006 files.

System Profilier now shows the Radeon 7500 but still no QE enabled and my Bus is PCI.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 11 months later...

I have the same Problem: After installing no QE support. And why stands there PCI Bus? It is an AGP card. Could be that the problem?

Hi,

Got a Thinkpad T40 ...

followed the instructions to replace and modify the ATI 7500 pack with the callisto 006 files.

System Profilier now shows the Radeon 7500 but still no QE enabled and my Bus is PCI.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I installed it using the package provided from the XxX 10.4.11 DVD, ATI_7500 + Calllisto B006 + AGPGART 2.1 ... now have QE :P No odd screen artifacts either.

AGPGart is an important part of this, the dmg for the ATI_7500 has all the other files in it.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...