NextGen Console Sales

sev7en

49 posts in this topic

Well to those "you can't say it is a race, the PS3 is behind" is bullsh**. Sony are damn idiots for hyping that piece of {censored} and not stocking correctly. The 360 is going to win with Live and Sony knows it. Doesn't matter on the Blue Ray vs. HD-DVD cause the 360 can add on with a new drive and it already has with the HD-DVD drive. IF, blue ray won, well put a new drive out. The Wii is just fun, plain and simple and I think with the rumored 360 price drop, which will happen after Christmas I bet, you could get a 360 core system and a Wii for a PS3 20 gig. Sony is hurting themselves and the only people that {censored} at others for pointing out Sony's flaws are fanboys. I loved Sony in the day when the Playstation was sticking it to Nintendo and the 64, but now it is come full circle and now Microsoft and the 360 is sticking it to Sony. Even when the PS3 is stocked in stores, the online will not be like Live and down the line, the PS3 will be a "oh cool, you have that" gadget. Just my opinion, so can the flaming if you are about to flame me.

EDIT: Link to rumored price cut: http://www.mcvuk.com/Microsoft-readies-360-price-cut

Edited by sandmanfvrga

^

I like that quote, actually.

It's funny, every store I go into, the PS3's are frozen. Literally. They just won't do anything, either that or they're off.

Great encouragment for people to buy them. :P

This site is basically a counter based loosely on actual data (They input data like NPD info, press releases, etc).

Hell, even the site says that the numbers are ESTIMATES. So the source isn't me, the source is the damn site. RTFS.

I'm not saying it's completely inaccurate just not anywhere near as accurate some some people here [and elsewhere] seem to think it is. It's almost as bad as the morons judging how well a product is doing, etc by if it has more search results than another product or on things like Google Trends.

No, I was referring to your comment of "Nintendo won't make target sales", when they're still sold out everywhere. And Sony's target sales were to sell all < 500,000 consoles this year... and it has been done. So, I don't know how you can justify your comment.

Edited by CLiDE

I think the Wii will sll more than both others, no doubt, its cheap and innovative and the games are actually fun.

The only people wanting PS3s are chavs and theyve got no money so it won't sell well. XBox360 has some decent games coming up but the Wii has made "normal" gaming obsolete so bollocks to it.

Wii all the way!

every one is so hot about the Wii´s control and all that.I understand i have played...love it but the console let me say its cheap like its price.

I m talking about graphics here, if you put the xbox360 (im using this because i´m not rich to have a Ps3)

and a Wii in the same room you are going to note the difference .This i say it because i have the two consoles at home(actualy the Wii is from my sister).

And im not saying the Wii is bad .In fact i like the Wii.

But it is still Nintendo remember Mario and yoshi ...well i beliebe that characters represent the user/target of a nintendo console too familiar for me notice this" for me ".

About the sales posted on that page .Its obvious that is aproximated .

There is no XBox 0r PS3 game with graphics as good as Twilight Princess, more realistic does not mean better graphics. Nintendo make games that are finely crafted beautiful pieces of art, the PS3 will have Tony Hawk 28, Fifa 2008 and a load of other bland {censored}, same games, slightly more realistic, its pointless.

No, I was referring to your comment of "Nintendo won't make target sales", when they're still sold out everywhere. And Sony's target sales were to sell all < 500,000 consoles this year... and it has been done. So, I don't know how you can justify your comment.

Try bloody reading my post, it helps, a lot. I simply relayed what Sony and Nintendo had said (".. Sony and Nintendo have said they ..") That's why I and at the time both companies released press statements (Around the same time - it was on Digg and other sites) saying how they were not quite expecting to hit their original targets but they may have issued another statement after that.

So, I don't have to 'justify' anything and for the love of all that is good, read my damn posts properly. Seriously, it seems few people like to do that.

For the record, being sold out doesn't mean they would hit their target as being sold out would mean there are no consoles left, so if everyone made console is sold they have to race to manufacture more before the target date.

Oh, and Sony's original target wasn't to sell 'all < 500,000 consoles this year' - it was some x million by y date, I'd have to look it up.

Seriously, it seems few people like to do that.

Ever notice how your posts have a tendency to start flamewars?

i THINK THE 360 IS BETTER BECAUSE OF THE GAMES AND XBOX LIVE ITS WAY BETTER THAN THE WII ONLINE GAMING.

THE PS3 JUST CAME LATE AND OVERPRICED.

I BELIEBE:

1°XBOX 360

2°WII, ONLY THIS YEAR

3°PS3 NEXT YEAR ITS DEFINETLY SECOND

May I ask why you write in capital letters? That means that you are screaming

^expect that wii already has twice the units sold as ps3.. and they're still in demand.. it's still a race

i think sony dropped the ball on this launch. what with the demand far exceeding the supply, the fact that 3/4 of the launch systems ended up on ebay for ridiculous premiums, and the fact that ps3s launch spawned violence, the launch day reports of system failure, the fact that only ONE ps3 launch title got a decent review (resistance) ...the list goes on and on

as i've said before, i think nintendo has a chance to win back a good percentage of the console market share. they're already have a very solid launch, and they're shipping units far faster than sony is.. they've already made a $200 million profit on wii (in 2 weeks.. sony won't make a profit on ps3 for years.. due to cost) plus... according to 90% of reviewers and media... wii is fun to play ;)

will i buy a wii? hell yea... will i buy a ps3? maybe in a couple years when high def gaming is something i can afford, or ps3 price drops

I agree, they shot themselves in the foot. they shouldnt have launched with so little, and nintendo is doing surprisingly well (compared to pos gamecube... :P )

wii is the greatest thing to happen to gaming - the only downside is graphics if only there was some way to make it more powerful and have hd games ---

i only wish the nintendo and microsft had a deal ( at E3 mircosoft execs said that is would be better to have a 360 and a wii instead of a PS3) if there had been an actual deal then mabey they could cluster the 360 and wii together -- that would be cool

^microsoft has a standing offer to nintendo to come onboard as a second party (second party = owned my MS, but retaining complete internal autonomy) 360 developer... and it's quite a lot of money from what i've heard, in the order of $25 billion.. nintendo keeps turning the offer down, saying that their goals and MS' goals don't mesh

i say good for nintendo

I played a PS3 last week. Oh my God, what a piece of {censored}. First off, the guy at Gamestop turned the system on, and the system took way over 30 seconds to recognize the controllers. Otherwords, you couldn't do a damn thing while it was "finding" the controllers. Ithought this was a console, not a pc? Then, when we played a game (my manager and I was on lunch break looking at it) we played this offroad game. First off, the antialiasing is still not there in Playstation systems, they just upped the resolution so it wouldn't show up as much, but the shadows on the cars had "jaggies". Next off, when the race started, you could switch to any car in the group at the starting line. If you switched to a car in the middle of the group, the game SLOWED DOWN when it had to render more cars! Pathetic. Then the whole game was slow to me. Flatout 2 runs MUCH faster. Overall, the PS3 is a big techno piece of {censored} that can't even recognize it's own controlers without a delay and the performance in the games are just ok. OH yes, the controllers! The damn controllers have a "PS" button in the middle, a horrible copy of the X button on the 360's controller. So the PS3 controller has a poor motion sensor copy of the Wii and a PS button copy of the X button on the 360. Talk about copying others stuff cause you ran out of ideas.

I am not bashing Sony because I am a fanboy, I bashing them because they put out a poor product and I feel sorry for those that bought it. Yes I do agree the 360 wasn't "to early", that is stupid to think that. Just everybody, namely Sony because Nintendo is not competing with the other two really, was to late with the poorly made product. Sony will suffer and they deserve to with the PS3's lack of polish. I was excited to play the PS3, but now I see the thing for how it is. I will get me a Wii and a 360, to hell with Sony.

May I ask why you write in capital letters? That means that you are screaming

Alessandro17 sorry for the CAPS. Its because i usually post from my work

and legal stuff(paperwork) its always with CAPS on.

sorry.

(so off topic but i got to answer)