NextGen Console Sales

sev7en

49 posts in this topic

I think the Wii either will win or will *almost* win, as in it and another console will be very close in marketshare.

BTW I like that site, but how can we be sure their numbers are correct?

-Urby

I think the Wii either will win or will *almost* win

PS3 will crush the competition :(

:40 times faster then PS2

:1 Power Processing Unit (PPU) and 8 Synergistic Processing Units (SPUs)

:1.8 trillion calculations per second

:Capable of running at speeds of 3.2 GHz

:25.6 Gigabytes per second memory bandwidth

:1000BASE-T Ethernet

:IEEE 802.11 g/b Wi-Fi

:1080p HDMI, Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS

:50 GB Blu-Ray disc's

^expect that wii already has twice the units sold as ps3.. and they're still in demand.. it's still a race

i think sony dropped the ball on this launch. what with the demand far exceeding the supply, the fact that 3/4 of the launch systems ended up on ebay for ridiculous premiums, and the fact that ps3s launch spawned violence, the launch day reports of system failure, the fact that only ONE ps3 launch title got a decent review (resistance) ...the list goes on and on

as i've said before, i think nintendo has a chance to win back a good percentage of the console market share. they're already have a very solid launch, and they're shipping units far faster than sony is.. they've already made a $200 million profit on wii (in 2 weeks.. sony won't make a profit on ps3 for years.. due to cost) plus... according to 90% of reviewers and media... wii is fun to play :(

will i buy a wii? hell yea... will i buy a ps3? maybe in a couple years when high def gaming is something i can afford, or ps3 price drops

i think if sony would keep a steady supply of ps3's they would sell more but there isn't very many in the usa plus most of them are on eBay

i think if sony would keep a steady supply of ps3's they would sell more but there isn't very many in the usa plus most of them are on eBay

EESH!

people check out the site again... Wii has 1,119,770 units sold right now... thats almost 4 times what the PS3 has, and the Xbox 360 is at 7,846,939.

The Wii is catching up!

EESH!

people check out the site again... Wii has 1,119,770 units sold right now... thats almost 4 times what the PS3 has, and the Xbox 360 is at 7,846,939.

The Wii is catching up!

Yeah, but thats cause Sony made like 4 PS3's for the whole world, and Nintendo made like 10000000000000000 Wii's Give them time to make some first.

Yeah, but thats cause Sony made like 4 PS3's for the whole world, and Nintendo made like 10000000000000000 Wii's Give them time to make some first.

they had time... they shouldn't have released a rushed machine when they weren't ready

another word for that = overhype

i THINK THE 360 IS BETTER BECAUSE OF THE GAMES AND XBOX LIVE ITS WAY BETTER THAN THE WII ONLINE GAMING.

THE PS3 JUST CAME LATE AND OVERPRICED.

I BELIEBE:

1°XBOX 360

2°WII, ONLY THIS YEAR

3°PS3 NEXT YEAR ITS DEFINETLY SECOND

It's funny because IBM has completely failed as a computer making company, and now they just make components...

I remember the days when it was a good thing to say "I have a thinkpad!" I've *still* got a 133 mhz P1 sitting in my room somewhere, it's the best, most reliable laptop I've ever used without an Apple logo on it. :D

EESH!

The Wii is catching up!

It hasn't even been out for a month yet...

So, basically, by June of 07, Wii should have surpassed Xbox 360.

It's cute how you all think that site is accurate.

I guess now would be a good time to point out both Sony and Nintendo have said they probably won't make their original targets.

Says who?

You?

Awesome source. [/sarcasm]

Edited by CLiDE

Says who?

You?

Awesome source. [/sarcasm]

This site is basically a counter based loosely on actual data (They input data like NPD info, press releases, etc).

Remember, these numbers are only estimates ..
Hell, even the site says that the numbers are ESTIMATES. So the source isn't me, the source is the damn site. RTFS.

I'm not saying it's completely inaccurate just not anywhere near as accurate some some people here [and elsewhere] seem to think it is. It's almost as bad as the morons judging how well a product is doing, etc by if it has more search results than another product or on things like Google Trends.

Edited by robotskip