EHCI Root Hub Simulation Error

ultravista

8 posts in this topic

• 11 months later...

Umm, the same thing is happening to me...

Have you fixed the problem yet?

Can someone help...

I need some help, I installed Leopard and now im at the step where i press F8 and then -s. I do that, and it does the whole loading thing..goes on and on...and then it says USB Notification: The device "ENCI Root Hub Simulation" @ 0xfd000000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The hub it is attached to has beed disabled

I was thinking that ment there was something wrong with my USB port, So i switched it with the one my keyboard was in, said the same thing.

Also, when i tried to name my USB drive "Patcher" It changed to "PATCHER".

So then I went into 9a581PostPatch and changed PATCH="/Volumes/Patcher/files/leopatch/" to PATCH="/Volumes/PATCHER/files/leopatch/"

And that still didn't work.

HELP PLEASE!

• 1 year later...

Having the same problem with the following specs:

- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)

- Motherboard: Asus P4P800 Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 WiFi, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

- Motherboard Chipset: Intel Springdale i865PE

- Memory: 2048 MB (DDR SDRAM)

- Bios type: AMI (10/14/04)(1019.005)

- GPU: RADEON 9600 SERIES (128 MB)

- Sound: Analog Devices AD1985 @ Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

- Network: 3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940)

I cant boot from the tiger dvds because it keeps repeating this error. But leopard iDeneb 10.5.5 and iatkos 10.5.5, they do boot and with the right kernel in installs succesfully.

After that it starts to boot into OS from had but it keeps repeating the "EHCI Root Hub Simulation" @ 0xfd000000 has caused an overcurrent condition" error.

Any ideas ?

Thnx

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...