• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

i-Nox

i-Nox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
:( I don`t now because my variant was ending similar... only Apple modem and ethernet device is not available.
I`ll try to do all methods

jimmygear

jimmygear

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

That's the exact same problem I've been having with my SP35P2. Kalyway 10.5.2 works, JAS 10.5.4 doesn't. Editing doesn't do it, copying from Kalyway doesn't work. Maybe there's additional files that IONetworkingFamily depends on that need edits or have changed since?

Havent tried Kalaway 10.5.2 couldn't burn ISO in ubuntu downloading latest iPC which has suppost for marvell Yukon 88e8056 tried various kext editing and other "driver" pkgs nothting has worked I am hoping that I can open up the iso and pull off the "driver" if I can I will posy oy online somewhere!

--Jim

kelmon

kelmon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i have the Shuttle K45 on board 8056 lan port.
the kext seems install correctly, but only work about 5-10 mins at the 1st boot. then no response from internet.
when i checked at the network options it showed self assigned IP.
so i must shut it down totally.... and turn it back on again, then it will work without any problems.
everyday i need to do the same process when i need to use my hackintosh online.

i installed Leopard retail 10.5.6 direct updated to 10.5.7 from apple with Chameleon 2.0.

can anyone help please!!!!!

ptesone

ptesone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

To get your Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet to work, you need to add your device id to the AppleYukon.kext. Go to Terminal and type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions											 <-- changes directory
sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist   <-- edits file

(find and change: <key>Yukon-88E8053</key>)
  (to:			  <key>Yukon-88E8056</key>)	   <-- change "53" to "56"

(find and change: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053</string>)
  (to:			  <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056</string>)	   <-- change "53" to "56"

(find and change: <string>0x436211AB</string>)
  (to:			  <string>0x436411AB</string>)	<-- change "62" to "64"

(press Control-O)								   <-- saves changes
(press Y and Enter)								 <-- accepts saving to existing file
(press Control-X)								   <-- exits nano

sudo chown -R root:wheel IONetworkingFamily.kext	<-- repairs permissions
cd /System/Library								  <-- changes directories
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache   <-- rebuilds kextcache on reboot

Then reboot.

It worked like a champ, thank-you! I never thought I'd have to go back to Tiger. . .

Darryljohn

Darryljohn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Might sound rather daft of me, noob... but i am doing this in terminal...

sudo nano ionetworkingfamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist

it asks for a password (i dont have 1) so i press enter, and nothing else happens! how am i suppose to find a string if nothing happens? Cheers

smuudge

smuudge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, i have installed ideneb 10.5.5 on my Quanta TW3M(advent 8315) and its working fine but i have no network options available.

I have a Marvel Yukon ethernet card built in although i dont know what model it is, how can i find out easily?

I dont have windows on my pc anymore, just 10.5.5 and the system profiler doesnt give me any pointers as to the model of the card! Is there a easily installable generic Marvel Yukon driver that i can download from somewhere?

I attach a screenshot of a very empty looking network control panel! Not sure if i should have any options here at all!

Thanks!
Smuudge

Attached Files

tim21701

tim21701

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

cd /System/Library/Extensions   <-- changes directory</P><P>sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist  <-- edits file</P><P>find and change: </P><P><key>Yukon-88E8053</key> </P><P>to: <key>Yukon-88E8056</key> <-- change "53" to "56"</P><P>find and change: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053</string></P><P>to: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056</string> <-- change "53" to "56"</P><P>find and change: </P><P><string>0x436211AB</string> </P><P>to: <string>0x436411AB</string> <-- change "62" to "64" </P><P>(press Control-O) <-- saves changes</P><P>(press Y and Enter) <-- accepts saving to existing file</P><P>(press Control-X) <-- exits nano</P><P>sudo chown -R root:wheel IONetworkingFamily.kext <-- repairs permissions</P><P>cd /System/Library <-- changes directories</P><P>sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache <-- rebuilds kextcache on reboot

• add device id to the AppleYukon.kext
  • exit "Terminal" end "repair permission" in "Disk Utility"
  • reboot...
  • And Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet not work!   :( :P :( (P5E3 WS Professional) MAC Snow 10.6.3
Please, help me!!!

ptesone

ptesone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

• add device id to the AppleYukon.kext
  • exit "Terminal" end "repair permission" in "Disk Utility"
  • reboot...
  • And Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet to work!  :) :D :D (P5E3 WS Professional) MAC Snow 10.6.3
Please, help me!!!

A driver from kexts.com

try that one.

tim21701

tim21701

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

A driver from kexts.com

try that one.

I install this kext, reboot... and not work  :(

ptesone

ptesone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

I install this kext, reboot... and not work  :(

what kind of motherboard do you have?

mamen

mamen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I tried this tutorial with the board 88E8059, but the only thing I got was the OSX recognizes the card, but when I go to connect it says "Cable unplugged" ...

Can someone help me please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy