• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

lla

lla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Edit info.plist method is working in kalway and iatoks.

But when I use EFI methodl to install 10.5.2 , edit yukon2.kext/info.plist is not work.
The Yukon8056 lan card not show in system.

this problem is so strange.

then I try find other Yukon.kext(may be patched) on the net , and the lan card is showing up .
But unlucky , that port can't ping or route to the lan......

Anyone can help or have same problem?

triptolemos

triptolemos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Edit info.plist method is working in kalway and iatoks.

But when I use EFI methodl to install 10.5.2 , edit yukon2.kext/info.plist is not work.
The Yukon8056 lan card not show in system.

this problem is so strange.

then I try find other Yukon.kext(may be patched) on the net , and the lan card is showing up .
But unlucky , that port can't ping or route to the lan......

Anyone can help or have same problem?

Hi lla,

I have a IP35 and i have the exact same problem. With Leo4all V3 and Kalyway the 8056 works great, but with EFI i cannot seem to get it to work yet. If I find i solution i'll let you know, but i only started yesterday with this stuff, so i am still in learning-mode :)

triptolemos

triptolemos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Hi lla,

I have a IP35 and i have the exact same problem. With Leo4all V3 and Kalyway the 8056 works great, but with EFI i cannot seem to get it to work yet. If I find i solution i'll let you know, but i only started yesterday with this stuff, so i am still in learning-mode :)

Ok for me the solution was to boot with -x -v flags, enable the interface in System Preferences and then reboot again. Lan is working for me now :(

lla

lla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you very much .

unload the lan card and the driver . And rebuild the driver , using edit Info.plist .
then Boot into -x (safemode) and can kill the problem.

prettyby7

prettyby7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
On IATKOS v2 with Asus P5K Pro with onboard 8056 LAN I had to edit

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

After editing file from this earlier post.... reboot and everything worked!! :P

Now all I need to get working is

Realtek ALC883 Audio

THANKS RAMMJET!!!

apoc_v

apoc_v

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
In case anyone has the same "Ethernet Cable Unplugged" message in the network system preferences

I used following command.

open a terminal window
sudo -s
ifconfig en0 down
ifconfig en0 up

It was originally suggested as

a) open a terminal window
c) sudo -s
:P ifconfig en1 down
d) ifconfig en1 up

delirumhappy

delirumhappy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

i have similiar problem too..... can anyone help us ???

or by uploading Info.plist somewhere in the net.... thx in advance

Yes please! It would save us much confusion! (Plus I've been at it editing this .plist for almost 4hrs...)

Grehund

Grehund

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks HEAPS pwkim21 :thumbsup_anim: , your additional details in post #33 fixed my problem. I have an Asus P5K Deluxe mainboard with the 88E8056 adapter.

now I just need to find the commands in an earlier post because it thinks a cable is still unplugged.

OCORHI

OCORHI

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi all!
i am using itakos v4i. but it does not work the Marvell Yukon PCI-E 8055
Can anyone give me help
thanks

MacNutty

MacNutty

Mad for Mac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
Good.....

SchmilK

SchmilK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yes please! It would save us much confusion! (Plus I've been at it editing this .plist for almost 4hrs...)

omgosh hi2u...i saw your avatar and was like nuh uh...and sure enough its you ;)

Back on track...

On my boss's Rampage Formula it has two Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI Express. Upon initial install I had showing a single ethernet device that said tis media was disconnected but the port was lit on on the switch and the motherboard. So i tried the other card port and that stayed turned off :(

Then i found this thread and follwed the kext edit and removed the ethernet port on the network settings and rebooted.

OSx did not find the new device on its own, I went to preferences then clicked + and choose ethernet, but noticed there were ANOTHER ethernet listed, so I did the same on that one...Whaddaya know! After doing both of them I now have working network! :P

Thanks for the help of your posts!!

delirumhappy

delirumhappy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
OMFG! Its Schmilk!!!

Glad to see you're into the hackintosh!

T@JiRo

T@JiRo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there

i have to install a new jas 10.5.4 version , patch Skge driver + Marvell Network Adapter and then port lan itn't gonna work.

The Lan chip is Marvell Yukon 88E8053.

Please some body help me...

GreDiA

GreDiA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
:P in my Asus P5K Pro it's is'nt works. I tryed all methonds in posts below and no results at this time. Using JaS OSX 10.5.4.
Any ideas?

Oculus

Oculus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I just got 88E8056 working on my GA-P965 DS3 ( rev.3), with iDeben 10.5.4

I tried all the .plist editing suggested in the various threads, but nothing worked. Then I decided to have a look at the AppleYukon2.kext on my Macbook Pro which is running Leopard 10.5.4.

Turns out the .plist on my Mac contains more info than the AppleYukon2.kext from both Jas and iDeben installs.

I guess those are "old" Tiger/Leopard .kext files or something.

Anyway, copying the entire IONetworkingFamily.kext over from my Macbook Pro and doing the editing to change 88E8053 entry to 88E8056 entry I was buzzed to see the Network preferences popping up with my Etheret once I id the touch command.

For anyone else having trouble on 10.5.4, here's the .plist syntax that worke for me ( bolded parts are what I changed from the original Macbook Pro .plist;

6</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2</string>
<key>EnableLowPwr</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>yukon2osx</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x436411ab</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>MACNumber</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Model</key>
<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA</string>
<key>NetworkNumber</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Vendor</key>
<string>Marvell</string>
</dict>
_linenums:0'><key>Yukon-88E805<strong class='bbc'>6</strong></key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2</string> <key>EnableLowPwr</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>IOClass</key> <string>yukon2osx</string> <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> <string>0x436<strong class='bbc'>4</strong>11ab</string> <key>IOProviderClass</key> <string>IOPCIDevice</string> <key>MACNumber</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Model</key> <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E805<strong class='bbc'>6</strong> Singleport Copper SA</string> <key>NetworkNumber</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Vendor</key> <string>Marvell</string> </dict>

Hope this helps, and thanks to everyone who's helping out on these boards.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

For anyone else having trouble on 10.5.4, here's the .plist syntax that worke for me ( bolded parts are what I changed from the original Macbook Pro .plist;

Hope this helps, and thanks to everyone who's helping out on these boards.

I think that's pretty much what I have now. I was using the old AppleYukon for a while but started getting PCI errors and all sorts of {censored}. So I'm now using an edited 10.5.4 kext much like yours.

I still get regular errors with Safari saying "You are not connected to the internet.". Try again in a few seconds and it might work. Doesn't seem to happen with Firefox. I vaguely remember similar {censored} with Safari in Tiger on my iBook too until I eventually dropped it for Firefox. Do you get this on your MBP? I'm wondering if it's a bug in the driver (which hopefully will be fixed in 10.5.5) or maybe there's a slight difference in the chipsets. I have my ethernet set to a static IP so I can rule out DHCP renewing the IP address.

Oculus

Oculus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I still get regular errors with Safari saying "You are not connected to the internet.". Try again in a few seconds and it might work. Doesn't seem to happen with Firefox. I vaguely remember similar {censored} with Safari in Tiger on my iBook too until I eventually dropped it for Firefox. Do you get this on your MBP? I'm wondering if it's a bug in the driver (which hopefully will be fixed in 10.5.5) or maybe there's a slight difference in the chipsets. I have my ethernet set to a static IP so I can rule out DHCP renewing the IP address.

I've never had that happen to me on my MBP, no.

On my new hackintosh, I'm using DHCP so far with no issues.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
I goggled around a bit earlier and I think I may have found the problem. At the end of this long long thread where people are pretty much having the same problem, it seems it may be a bug in OS X getting the dns server addresses from the router. The fix is to add them to the ethernet settings. So I'll try that next time I'm back in Leo and see if that fixes things.

UPDATE

Looks like it has. Been surfing away happily for a couple of hours now in Safari and no trace of the dreaded "You are not connected to the internet" page. Sweet!

jokinawa

jokinawa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Just to let everyone know. On my Asus P5WDG2-WS I had the 88E8062 even though the Asus website says it has the 88E8001 and 88E8056.

I found this ought by running lspci that was installed with OSX86Tools.

Now after I edited my info.plist it still did not show my Dual LAN ports in the Network tab. So on a whim I changed my <key>IOPCISecondayMatch</key> right below to the output 'lspci -nn-vv' gave me. Guess what! Both ports showed up, but it still did not get an IP. So then I just added a clone of the ports (one for en0 and on for en1) and set them to off insted of DHCP and boom instant connectivity.

If you want to try the Secondary Vendow and Device IDs do this:

1. Get lspci installed. (I recommend OSX86Tools and hit the get vendor ID box and follow instructions up until you finish rebooting)
2. Then in Terminal run 'lspci -nnvv'
3. The out put will show:

Vendor: blah blah blah blah [yyyy:xxxx] <---- Primary DevID:VendorID
Subvendor: blah blah blah [yyyy:xxxx] <---- Secondary DevID:VendorID

Good luck.

jokinawa

jokinawa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
It seems to be hit or miss. With the Kext editing. It worked fin in Kalyway 10.5.2 but in JAS 10.5.4 Client or Server it does not work. I copied the kext that work for Kalyways to the new boxes and it was no go. I even tried a fresh one. Nope not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy