• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

ntloser

ntloser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

To get your Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet to work, you need to add your device id to the AppleYukon.kext. Go to Terminal and type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions											 <-- changes directory
 sudo nano [url="http://IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist"]IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist[/url]   <-- edits file

(find and change: <key>Yukon-88E8053</key>)
   (to:			  <key>Yukon-88E8056</key>)	   <-- change "53" to "56"

(find and change: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053</string>)
   (to:			  <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056</string>)	   <-- change "53" to "56"

(find and change: <string>0x436211AB</string>)
   (to:			  <string>0x436411AB</string>)	<-- change "62" to "64"

(press Control-O)								   <-- saves changes
 (press Y and Enter)								 <-- accepts saving to existing file
 (press Control-X)								   <-- exits nano

sudo chown -R root:wheel IONetworkingFamily.kext	<-- repairs permissions
 cd /System/Library								  <-- changes directories
 sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache   <-- rebuilds kextcache on reboot

Then reboot.

That worked for me. Thanks

slone

slone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
everything worked on 10.4.8 :D ......then upgraded to 10.4.10 (uphuck, pascalw), now my network is wacked :P . I can surf the web, see one of my m$ computers, but not the other, and both m$ computers cannot see my Hack.

Been stuck on this for three days and I am going nuts. I also did the apple security update for 10.4.10.

checked the /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist.....looks fine

when I go to fix an alias for the Network shares I get the network "greyed"out. If I get info on a network share the "fetching" just keeps spinning around.

uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 + PascalW 10.4.10 Update
Posted Image

Intel® Core™2 Duo E6400 @ 3.20GHz (9x355) • Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (F5 BIOS) • 2x2GB Kingston DDR2-667ATI X1600 256MB PCI-E (QE/CI/Q2DE) • Realtek ALC883 [multichannel 5.1/7.1 (out-1/2/3/4, in/mic)] • 2x250GB Seagate SATA •
Xbench 170/240

jjahshik32

jjahshik32

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
does 88E8052 work????

djazzy

djazzy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi there sorry to hi jack the forum. i am to install the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 on my GA-965P-DS3 (Rev 3.3) board. i have installed the gigaby...3-4pack.1.2.dmg which installed my sounds great. when i try to

i dont get any information in the terminal at all likes a blank file. can any 1 help

when browsing System/Library/Extensions i cam across IONetworkingfamily.kext but no file for IONetworking.kext

i have similiar problem too..... can anyone help us ???

or by uploading Info.plist somewhere in the net.... thx in advance

ZoomZom

ZoomZom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
fejker or tkay2_24 please help me to install lan Marvell 88E8055 on V3505 notebook

p.s. if had or know were can get other drivers for the note mail me pls.

poweramiga

poweramiga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i have similiar problem too..... can anyone help us ???

or by uploading Info.plist somewhere in the net.... thx in advance

I too am using the Gygabyte GA-965P-DS3P rev 3.3 board everything works here but the network and i get nothink when trying to edit the IONetworkFamilt.kext either it appears blank :rolleyes:

zurk

zurk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
yukon works great for me with 10.4.9 and teh driver d/led from these forums.

HojoojoH

HojoojoH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Any drivers for marvell 88E1116?

I could also use this fix.... desperatly

maddog7

maddog7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
New here, thought I'd give the Hack a shot, I DL'd an image and after much f&$&ing about got it to work, I was dead surprised (and pleased)
However, I too have a DS3 with the Yukon 88E8056 ethernet card. I'm using Leo 9a581 and when I try locate the Yukon file I cant find it, only the Yukon2 file, which I tried editing anyway (as per the guides) with no luck. DO I need to CREATE a Yukon file then edit that? Is Leo different from Tiger in this respect?

Hope all is hanging well for Y'all :-)

D

danskimanuk

danskimanuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi rammjet,
I followed your howto and unfortunately it has not worked out for me...

I followed your instructions to the letter, and upon rebooting I was confronted with the following messages:

'System extension cannot be used ' the system extension /System/library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext' was installed improperly and cannot be used...'

This message was followed by others that were identical aprt from the associated extension that had failed.. these were

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamiley.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamiley.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

and

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamiley.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon2.kext

I had previously edited 'AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext' adn added the Yukon 88E8056 card ID and vendor details, as seen in another post...

Any ideas onwhy this has not worked and I have these error messages would be much appreciated...

Thanks
Danskiman

To get your Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet to work, you need to add your device id to the AppleYukon.kext. Go to Terminal and type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions                                             <-- changes directory
sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist   <-- edits file

(to:              <key>Yukon-88E8056</key>)       <-- change "53" to "56"

(to:              <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056</string>)       <-- change "53" to "56"

(to:              <string>0x436411AB</string>)    <-- change "62" to "64"

(press Control-O)                                   <-- saves changes
(press Y and Enter)                                 <-- accepts saving to existing file
(press Control-X)                                   <-- exits nano

sudo chown -R root:wheel IONetworkingFamily.kext    <-- repairs permissions
cd /System/Library                                  <-- changes directories
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache   <-- rebuilds kextcache on reboot

Then reboot.

mac-n-cheeze

mac-n-cheeze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hi rammjet,
I followed your howto and unfortunately it has not worked out for me...

I followed your instructions to the letter, and upon rebooting I was confronted with the following messages:

'System extension cannot be used ' the system extension /System/library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext' was installed improperly and cannot be used...'
This message was followed by others that were identical aprt from the associated extension that had failed.. these were

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamiley.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamiley.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

and

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamiley.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon2.kext

I had previously edited 'AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext' adn added the Yukon 88E8056 card ID and vendor details, as seen in another post...

Any ideas onwhy this has not worked and I have these error messages would be much appreciated...

Thanks
Danskiman

Danskiman,

Did you get this fixed? If not try the following:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
diskutil RepairPermissions /
reboot

Hope this helps.

danskimanuk

danskimanuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi mac-n-cheeze,

no I havent got it to work...

I have tried several things to no-avail...
I have downloaded a bundle from 'irc.osx86.hu' #radeon topic, and overwritten the extensions folder with the files contained within.

But on rebooting, OSX informs me that 'NATIT' was not installed correctly....and cant be used..

Under NEtworks my ethernet card status reads connected but I cannot connect to the net through any browser..

i may try the apple yukon workaround with vendor ID and device details with your added instructions to see what i get...

this is really frustrating, because aprt from this and my ATI 2900xt not working, OS X rocks...

a definitive 'howto' for the 8056 marvell yukon is needed, me thinks!
cheers

Danskiman,

Did you get this fixed? If not try the following:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
diskutil RepairPermissions /
reboot

Hope this helps.

pwkim21

pwkim21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Im running a flat-image of osx Leopard on an Asus Pk5-e board with the 88E8056 Marvel Yukon ethernet card. Im sure this will work on any board with the card on it so this is how I got mine to work.

Find and Download the "gigabyte_ds3-4pack.1.2", then in Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions <-- changes directory
sudo nano IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Plugins/Info.plist <-- edits file
(find and change: <string>0x9E001148</string>) <-- there will be many
(find and change: <string>0x21001148</string>) <-- again, there will be many
(to: <string>0x436411AB</string>)

(press Control-O) <-- saves changes
(press Enter) <-- accepts saving to existing file
(press Control-X) <-- exits nano

sudo chown -R root:wheel IONetworkingFamily.kext <-- repairs permissions
cd /System/Library <-- changes directories
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache <-- rebuilds kextcache on reboot
exit <-- saves it all

*Now Reboot your system. When Leopard starts back up, go into your "System Preferences" and into your "Network". In there go to your "Ethernet" icon on the left hand side and change your settings to "DHCP" (mostly if your on a router, if your directly on a cable modem or DSL modem it can be different, pretty self explanatory though) then watch it reconnect. And WALAH!!! I was surprised too. I nearly keeled over in excitement.

--Thanks to all those MILLIONS of posts that help gather together all this information.

gica

gica

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I tried changing the numbers as per previous post and per one of the other previous ones,and upon rebooting I didn't get network with my Abit IP35-E yukon ..56 adapter
i checked the info.plist in YukonGigabit2 and none of the numbers changed with the Terminal commands is there a way to do it manually?Thanks guys

arisma

arisma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
As said before-

cd /System/Library/Extensions <-- changes directory
sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Info.plist <-- edits file

(to: <key>Yukon-88E8056</key>) <-- change "53" to "56"

(to: <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056</string>) <-- change "53" to "56"

(to: <string>0x436411AB</string>) <-- change "62" to "64"

(press Control-O) <-- saves changes
(press Y and Enter) <-- accepts saving to existing file
(press Control-X) <-- exits nano

sudo chown -R root:wheel IONetworkingFamily.kext <-- repairs permissions
cd /System/Library <-- changes directories
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache <-- rebuilds kextcache on reboot

You can search pressing F6 in nano

Chinoloco078

Chinoloco078

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys. I followed all the directions, specially entry #4 and entered the code correctly in the Terminal window. I also downloaded gigabyte_ds3-4pack.1.2 and installed the Yukon adapter's package by itself. I booted and still not working.

Is there something else that I can try. Been trying to fix this for 2 days now, driving me nuts.

Please help!

Thanks.

fffa

fffa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
How can i get it word on 8040? thanks

fffa

fffa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I tried the trick above on my xps m1530 which has a 88e8040 Ethernet. However my leopard will crash after a reboot, just got stuck at the apple booting screen. I modified the 8053 part. Shall I modified 8055 part and get a secondary id match? Can anyone help? Thanks a lot!

michaelOSX

michaelOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi!

It doesn't work for me.

"sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist <-- edits file"

I can't find the file. Whenever I type this command, he want to create a "Info.plist". Can't edit it.
With and without bolded "/Contents".

Pinkfish

Pinkfish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Don't have the rights.

Hi!

It doesn't work for me.

"sudo nano IONetworking.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist <-- edits file"

I can't find the file. Whenever I type this command, he want to create a "Info.plist". Can't edit it.
With and without bolded "/Contents".

Same for me. It says I don't have the rights to modify the file. I event tried from ubuntu but it does not work either. =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy