GeForce Fanspeed

REVENGE

11 posts in this topic

I know this has been mentioned before. Does anyone else experience fan speed slow down when driver loads, then speed up to bout mid speed when GUI starts? I mean, it isn't unbearable, but the fan hum is just annoying. Any solutions?

I know this has been mentioned before. Does anyone else experience fan speed slow down when driver loads, then speed up to bout mid speed when GUI starts? I mean, it isn't unbearable, but the fan hum is just annoying. Any solutions?

What card do you have? Is there a passive alternative? I'm using the Apple branded 7300gt and it has no fan.

Meh, I was hoping you WERENT referring to a dial type controller. I mean after all, don't you think it would be a hassle to have to manually throttle your GPU fan?

I'm on a 7800 GT btw. Looks like it's BIOS flash time XD.

There is lots of upfront ones the fit right in a bay and look very cool. If you sit in front of a desk or next to the PC it's no big deal to turn it down, after a while you can tell the speed by just the sound of the fan :construction:

I would actually want to increase my fans speed!

new nvidia cards have fan speed settings for 2D and 3D mode (and sometimes throttling mode)

When OS X nv drivers are loaded, it first sets fan speed to rom 2D mode, then desktop loads and switch to 3D mode. This is because OS X ALWAYS uses 3D mode.

In PPC macs, only ATI cards have fan speed control with ATI's software (ATIdisplays) - at least for X800XT/X850XT...

nvidia cards in PPC/intel macs just run in 3D mode all the time, so it means full voltage, full speed and fan at 3D speed setting.

If you don't use 3D, just flash your card with an edited rom with lower fan speed (using nibitor is the easiest way to do it)

Or just use a 3rd party cooler with thermal sensor or manual fan speed control.

I just run a Zalman VF 700Cu on my 7600GT, and plug it on MOBO case fan connector so it is controlled by the BIOS. It's not the perfect method, as fan won't speed up unless case temperature really increases, but VF700Cu dissipates heat fine, even runing at 15 or 20%...

Newer 3rd party GPU fansink just use a thermal sensor, so it's even better...