10.4.6 to 10.4.8 causes kernel stack fault

8 posts in this topic

OS X worked fine (I had internet, got my resolution to normal, running smoothly, etc) until i did the update and then it does the following:

After updating my OS X install on VMWare from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8 WMWare suddenly says that i'm trying to run a 64 bit OS when its configured for a 32 bit OS.... so i change it to XP pro X64, Other 64 bit, etc... and i get a kernel stack fault error/cpu reset and it won't boot. Any ideas?

EDIT:

My hardware:

EVGA nForce 680i motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (Core 2's have EM64T support obviously)

4 gigs of ram

SATA HDD 250GB

i have the same problem. i updates yesterday my 10-4-7 to 10-4-8

it said nicely intel 10-4-8 and all . but when it stopped downloading and installing in the morning

then wolla no more hackintosh. it just will not start :rolleyes:

deem i guess i have to reinstall it again...bloddy hackintosh!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
OS X worked fine (I had internet, got my resolution to normal, running smoothly, etc) until i did the update and then it does the following:

After updating my OS X install on VMWare from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8 WMWare suddenly says that i'm trying to run a 64 bit OS when its configured for a 32 bit OS.... so i change it to XP pro X64, Other 64 bit, etc... and i get a kernel stack fault error/cpu reset and it won't boot. Any ideas?

EDIT:

My hardware:

4 gigs of ram

SATA HDD 250GB

Mine does this when Intel Virtualization is enabled in BIOS.

The problem goes away when you disable this in BIOS.

To my knowledge, there is not a kernel flag to prevent semthex from going into 64 bit mode while this is enabled. I wish there were.

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT:

My hardware:

4 gigs of ram

SATA HDD 250GB

This is the Intel Virtualization problem.

Only way I found around it so far is to turn off Intel Virtualization in your BIOS. Unfortunately, you will then no longer be able to run other 64 bit OSs in VMware under 32 bit host.

I tried the XP pro64 route too. Didn't work and it trashed my VMware so I had to reinstall it!

It would be very helpful if Semthex gave us a kernel flag to put in info.plist which would prevent kernel from entering 64 bit mode.

vmerrordc4.th.jpg

Config

Abit AB9 Pro

C2D E63

2 x 512 DDR2 667

Seagate 250 GB SATA 2

DVD RW LG IDE

ISO 10.4.6 Jas

I Tried Disable Intel Virtualization but show some screen :)

This is not the screen I get with Intel Virtualization error. Try tubgirls 10.4.8 AMD dvd; it has a more recent kernel.