Why the GMA900 JaS solution is NOT a solution.

B612

159 posts in this topic

Yeah i tried. I have a problem.

I installed

b612Gma Support

then the slow ver to test ppc. Opened up a photoshop plug that has giving me problems..seemed to help

Then went with the fast.

Then i ran the one that takes you back to 10.4.8.

Now i cant get my resolution back to the options i had. Its stuck on the 1280 even though i ran the 10.4.8 version (rebooted repaired perms)

any idea on how to get my res back?

I've tried to use B612.GMA900Support.pkg but the installer refused "try to install again". I was using "old" way (PPC incompatible) up to that time.

Then I've decompressed archive.pax.gz of B612.GMA900Support.pkg, and installed it manually. It seems that the basic package (B612.GMA900Support.pkg) contains "old" drivers (AppleIntel915.kext, AppleIntel915ga.plugin, AppleIntel915gldriver.bundle), "new" AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer (responsible for no res-change for displays applet) and "old" OpenGL.framework.

Can anyone tell what is the benefit of using this combination (that mean, "new" integratedframebuffer.kext with "old" 915 kexts) over "plain old" set with res change support?

B512, I've done one more test. I have installed patched AppleIntel915.kext (which points to GMA950 drivers), old AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and new OpenGL.framework.

What I get is: stable mouse cursor (updated AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext is responsible for flickering mouse cursor and no res-change), PPC qtime apps does not crash anymore. However, the side effect are different artifact from time to time (like black box on desktop).

Can anyone test this combination?

Now i cant get my resolution back to the options i had. Its stuck on the 1280 even though i ran the 10.4.8 version (rebooted repaired perms)

any idea on how to get my res back?

Of course. :o

Go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and edit the file com.apple.Boot.plist.

Just erase the following lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>

That's it.

I could insert this change in a new version of B612.back.to.10.4.8.pkg.

Let me know if you are interested in it. :)

I have the same problems: "try to install again"

Any suggestion???

I don't understand when you got the message "try to install again". What did you do before getting that message?

B512, I've done one more test. I have installed patched AppleIntel915.kext (which points to GMA950 drivers), old AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and new OpenGL.framework.

What I get is: stable mouse cursor (updated AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext is responsible for flickering mouse cursor and no res-change), PPC qtime apps does not crash anymore. However, the side effect are different artifact from time to time (like black box on desktop).

Can anyone test this combination?

I have already done it, and I have excluded it as a solution, because of the "black boxes".

I don't understand when you got the message "try to install again". What did you do before getting that message?

The installer for some reason quits with failed message. Unfortunately there's no debug output.

I have already done it, and I have excluded it as a solution, because of the "black boxes".

Seems that all combinations of tweaked 915.kext with 950 plugin/bundle and new OpenGL have the problem with "black boxes".

The installer for some reason quits with failed message. Unfortunately there's no debug output.

I don't know the reason why it quits, since it doesn't happen to me.

Anyway I have made another version of this pkg that may work well. If you have an email address where I can send a 5Mb message, I will send the file to you, for you to test if it works well, before posting it again on Dem*****.

Let me know!

yeah the deleting of that would be cool

key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string

one less thing would be great

I have just put on Dem***** a new release of B612.back.to.10.4.8 which sets back also the com.apple.Boot.plist to the way it was before installing B612.GMA900Support (without the 1280x1024x32).

If you want, go there and download it.

I have just put on Dem***** a new release of B612.back.to.10.4.8 which sets back also the com.apple.Boot.plist to the way it was before installing B612.GMA900Support (without the 1280x1024x32).

If you want, go there and download it.

With your package, in OpenGLPPC mode do you get those f***n artifacts?

OK. I have uploaded the new release of all the GMA900 pkgs I had made.

You'll find them at the usual place. :D

I would like to thank very much all those who are cooperating to this.

If you are interested in the new release, please make sure to download

B612 packages ver. 1.1.

This release should definitely solve the problem of the stupid message saying "try to reinstall".

Enjoy! :blink:

PS: Please report your feedback!!!

Do you mean "try to reinstall"?

Which pkg did you try?

How many times did you try to launch it?

Has anybody else had the same problem?!? :blink:

Yesterday I've successfully installed basic package (B612 GMA900 Support.pkg) which you've PM-ed me by email. Today I've managed to d/l the whole set off the usual place, and I'm getting error message when attempted to run B612 OpenGL PPC.pkg. (select destination -> Installation type -> "Install" -> root password -> preparing target volume -> "There were errors..." , "Please try installing again" :D

Yesterday I've successfully installed basic package (B612 GMA900 Support.pkg) which you've PM-ed me by email. Today I've managed to d/l the whole set off the usual place, and I'm getting error message when attempted to run B612 OpenGL PPC.pkg. (select destination -> Installation type -> "Install" -> root password -> preparing target volume -> "There were errors..." , "Please try installing again" ;)

This is the first time I feel annoyed by my computer not giving any problems!! :D WHY doesn't it happen to me, too?? I will try to figure out what's wrong.

So in other words the only pkgs giving problems are OpenGL PPC and OpenGL fast?!?

This is the first time I feel annoyed by my computer not giving any problems!! :P WHY doesn't it happen to me, too?? I will try to figure out what's wrong.

So in other words the only pkgs giving problems are OpenGL PPC and OpenGL fast?!?

After doing some more investigation, the answer is NO.

I cannot install even the basic package (B612 GMA900 Support.pkg 9 997 517 bytes) downloaded off d* - I get the usual error message. However, the one I've received from you by email (B612 GMA900 Support.pkg 5 001 506 bytes) have installed correcty. But these are obviously different packages. Both of them at initial screen state "This release should avoid the problem of "try to install again".".

PM me if you think some more information could help you to locate the source of a problem.

EDIT: the one I've received by email that installs correctly , if I select "show pkg contents", open Contents\Resources contains aliases to: B612 GMA900 support.bom, B612 GMA900 support.pax.gz, B612 GMA900 Support.sizes. The one downloaded off D* contain actual files. Any clue?