YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

spanakorizo

17 posts in this topic

im really excited now so ill not describe what i did

but I DID A LOT OF TESTING~!!!

and when i was thinking ..ok this is the last of it..lets f*** up with the extensions

IT boots and i look at darwin texts...no errors about geforce.kext and THEN BLACK FOR 2 SEC AND...VOILA!!

the screen become light blue /then the normal aqua blue and the cursor now was different (black with thin white outline)

the colours different..i was sure that i had QE/CI ENABLED!!!

and yes i had

some ppl will say "ok man ,dont be so happy you didnt make something big..really"

but blv me i know ppl that bought a new card because this one noway installed with QE/CI

dark_elf where are you to be proud about me? :) (he is one of them)

even at WIKI you will see that the 7600GS AGP is not supported

I DONT SPEAK ABOUT THE PCIe ...many ppl have QE/CI enabled in pcie but noone in AGP as far i know

for now the only thing i need to tell shorty is:

ill be back tommorow ,i promise with a guide

its so beautiful with QE/CI ENABLED :))

i need to test photoshop/flash/etc SO MANY PROGRAMS :))))

NOW ITS A REAL MAC

nVidia GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 7600 GS

Type: Display

Bus: AGP (This one after i installed AGPGart.kext)

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x02e1

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

772E:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz (its ok in my 17'')

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display:

ok i did some editing to make it more "clear" and :) all the terminal commands

in 1 so the user can only copy paste after paste the 3 modified kexts(DEVid) in extensions

i also RECOMEND this method for other users with different cards that had no luck yet

(and TRIED ALL the possible steps)

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please be more specific over your use of "must put the DEvid in both of them" since you mention 3 .kext files (Geforce.kext, NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext) and then 2 combinations...

if you put the dev only in geforce.kext or in NVDARESMAN.KEXT the system will crash

if you leave only the NVDAREsman or NVDAV40 with corrected id the system will crash

• 1 month later...

I have also tried your method, my card is a CLUB3d 7600GT agp. However I get a black screen at startup. RD'ing from my powerbook I can use the pci-e 7600 gt/gs installer to get gui back, and using agpgart system profiler shows my display correctly.

The natit_uni installer doesn't work for me.

Neither does the dual display one.

I was looking for titan to try next but it seems his "minimalist site" is down right now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

EDIT:

I've renamed AGPGart.kext AGPGart.notit and cleaned all caches. I've fiddled around with natit and the geforce kexts.

And now I have got gui and CI and QE. However, the screen has tilted 45 degrees. As in 1024x1280 rather than 1280x1024.

Using the boot.plist I have been able to correct this. Another strange thing: When I started prey in 45degrees-tilt-mode the screen sprang 1280x1024 by itself.

Weirdness allover but I magaged to get my geforce 7600GT AGP working. QE works CI works. Monitor sleep works. Computer sleep works as in the screen goes off and the computer stays on.

Thanks to all.

Edited by F70

• 2 weeks later...
I've renamed AGPGart.kext AGPGart.notit and cleaned all caches. I've fiddled around with natit and the geforce kexts.

And now I have got gui and CI and QE. However, the screen has tilted 45 degrees. As in 1024x1280 rather than 1280x1024.

Using the boot.plist I have been able to correct this. Another strange thing: When I started prey in 45degrees-tilt-mode the screen sprang 1280x1024 by itself.

Weirdness allover but I magaged to get my geforce 7600GT AGP working. QE works CI works. Monitor sleep works. Computer sleep works as in the screen goes off and the computer stays on.

Thanks to all.

Hello, are you saying that by using his kexts and just renaming the AGPGart you got the 7600 GS AGP working?

Could you post your two devid lines?

I am not very familiar with the syntax of these files yet but i noticed that the devid line contain a longer string with &amp.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

Actually I was saying that by renaming agpgart.kext and editing inside natit.kext as well as nv40hal.kext I was able to get the 7600GT working.

You can find my edits by searching for 7600 agp. I took a method meant for the gs and used it on my gt.

• 1 month later...