• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

3x5a3d

3x5a3d

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

The only thing I managed to get is by editing the info.plist of Geforce.kext , setting the IOMatch to 0x0000391 wich is what Natit detects.

EDIT:
Edit Geforce.plist letting only Device ID: 0x0391 as parameter (works, but not QE/CI)

try this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x039110de</string>

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
Change: <string>0x000010de&amp;0x0000ffff</string>
-- to --

davidovi

davidovi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Change: <string>0x000010de&amp;0x0000ffff</string>
-- to --

yeah, I realized I was setting the ID wrong at first.
I put the string just like that <string>0x039110de</string>, and still doesnt work.
I set the this ID on NVDAN40Hal.kext, Geforce.kext and NVDAResman.kext.
Is detected, as I see Matching Service Count=1 , 2 or something, but at the end, the results are the same.
It worked before without CI/QE because I setted the ID wrong on Geforce.kext <string>0x0391</string>, so the card wasnt detected by this kext.
The others two, detected it without problems once Titan published its presence, with no need to edit plist.
So the kext that its giving me problems its obiously Geforce.kext.

MarkW

MarkW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Well, I posted about my troubles in another thread, but I'll repeat here because it may be your problem. I had built-in GMA graphics like you do, and I kept getting display matching errors, and could never fully boot until I deleted all traces of GMA drivers, including the framebuffer.

I am no expert like some of you guys on here, but I think something is weird with GMA boards, at least mine. I had problems in Windows, too, after installing my Nvdia card. Windows would crash at startup until I disabled GMA drivers in device manager. It seems (at least in my case) that GMA drivers load even if you have an external card in there, which was preventing the nvidia mac (and windows) driver from loading. Maybe I have a defective board. I dunno.

davidovi

davidovi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I tried this too, but no luck
I moved all the kexts I thought had something to do with the gma, even the FrameBuffer.
The last thing that remains me to try is to put the same bios version Im using. because I remember I had problems using newer versions with the GMA and my geforce between windows and macosx.

dugnamtar

dugnamtar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
You should use correct version of OpenGL.Framework for Nvidia drivers. GMA950 OpenGL.Framework is not compatible with Nvidia OpenGL.Framework.

Extract the correct one with Pacifist(package extraction tool) from Jas DVD (10.4.8 Jas semthex package).

davidovi

davidovi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thanks dugnamtar, you had the key! WORKED :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy