MacOSX_10.4.8DVD_AMD_SSE3_PPF1

l3bed

68 posts in this topic

This is a ppf patch for:

MacOSX_10.4.8DVD_AMD_SSE3_TEST_1(thepiratebay)

it will not work on anything but that iso.

This ppf fixes crashes in:

KeyboardViewerServer

KeyboardSetupAssistant

Asian language support Kotoeri & Hangul

AppleTalk, SyncServer

Various crashes related to cpuid checks not removed

Better vmware compatibility

IF YOU PARTITION OR ERASE A DRIVE WITH DISKUTIL MAKE SURE TO SELECT THE MBR OPTION

Semthex kernel beta5 is included

where its been released?

EDIT: OK i find it ..its 244mb

what does it mean with select mbr...?

i have a 4GB disk for testing installations and now i can't install osx

in the beggining it was b0 errors (i had to active the partition)

but now at boot nothing happens..it just doesnt boot

i think this disk is f***ed up after so many installations

any idea to FULL format it and clear it

i don;t want a quick format...

where its been released?

EDIT: OK i find it ..its 244mb

what does it mean with select mbr...?

i have a 4GB disk for testing installations and now i can't install osx

in the beggining it was b0 errors (i had to active the partition)

but now at boot nothing happens..it just doesnt boot

i think this disk is f***ed up after so many installations

any idea to FULL format it and clear it

i don;t want a quick format...

Trye to run linux, and use cfdisk to see what's going on, if you have fu#@$d up the mbr or nopart active or bootflag to wrong part it will be dark with blinking dash or similar :idea:, as far as i know there is no possibility to totaly fuc* the HD if it wasn't delated/partitioned :) you only need to play with Ptable/mbr :) to fix it

its ok now the problem was at this DVD diskutil

i formated the partition HFS with jas 10.4.7 diskutility

and then i rebooted to start the installation with this DVD

i dont think that i need the ppf patch...

everything works well except my 7600GS that now im working on it

i installed also the latest beta7 semthex mach_kernel

1 think i noticed...

sometimes when i use terminal for repair permissions

and need to reboot the OSX

after the darwin loader it starts re-loading all the extensions

and suddenly it reboots to normal PC BIOS again

strange...

this happens randomly ..maybe it boots maybe it reboot

open terminal

type sudo+space

inside folder : ppf-o-matic3-full-dist/ppfbin/applyppf/mac_os-x-ppc drag the file ApplyPPF in terminal

then type space+a+space and drag OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3.iso type space

then drag OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3.ppf.

your command line should like something like this :

sudo ApplyPPF a /Volumes/ "your disk name" /MacOSX_10.4.8DVD\ AMD\ SSE3\ TEST\ 1/OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3.iso /Volumes/ "your disk name" / /OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3.ppf

hit return and type your password.

md5 for the OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3.iso with patch for me is:

18fd7ce39fa74ff1494cca431c5b579f

After patching and burning this iso i will not be able to boot.

I got kernel panics each time i tried.

The first iso works fine for me?

@l3bed:

Thank you for the installer, but can we not just simply add a postfix .pkg

installpackage, too? seems that ppf maker has issues to make proper

ppfs with the new releases...

At some time, we could collect all postfixes, and bundle them up to a

10.4.8. final postfix (very simple thing with packagemaker)

jst a suggestion :gun: Cheers

well, if anyone wants to test, I made a mpkg for these fixes.

it's the first package I build so if it kills your OSX install... don't blame me :(

just pm me for an url to pick it. feel free to use it or hack it or do whatever you want with it...

myzar, what's the problem here ?

I did not buy Acer PC for fun, I bought it because it was cheap and had what I wanted inside...

And what is the problem with any attempt to make things easier with PKG install, instead of having to do it by hand or having to do a full install ?

If I did something wrong, let me know, but what's the point in being aggresive ?

I did not burn the PPF patched ISO as I don't have DVD-R anymore right now.

What I can tell is the patched files mentioned works for me doing a manual install as keyboard viewer doesnt crash anymore.

I still don't see the point in aggressive answers, and then deleting the post...

and what's so wrong with Acer PC ? it's just a box with a mobo, ram and CPU... I would have loved to buy a mac pro but it costs 4 times the price I paid for this PC. Anyway, it does not deserve the harsh language that was deleted...

Since this is a Test DVD for AMD users, it's normal, imho, to make a new dvd to test it.

And the 'final' product (these don't really exist, do they :D ) will be an install DVD that should be ok for most AMD users. You can't test that by just pkging your already installed system.

We're testers, let's not forget that.

Let's help [insert usual analsex-oriented alternate nickname(s) here] build the best there is.

Since we're not sure yet if 10.5 (as a final product) will be as easy to hack, esp. for AMD, then this might last us a long time.

Something you can do is patch the OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3.iso image with OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3.ppf

Then in the patched iso you will find a file called : amd_1048_new.txt, use it to patch your system.

I just check if this file correct and apply the last amd_rufus_1048_new.txt with minipatcher.txt & minipatcherV2.txt from myzar and it does.

Update to beta8.rar kernel from semthex and your system should be up to date.

Since we're testers, and I do not forget that.

I tried one more time to PPF1 the last iso & I got the same MD5.

Then I burn a new dvd and was able to install on a separate partition.

The boot process was very, very slow, installation pass without any errors, reboot was also very, very slow I was able to run the start process and to create my account after that to patch the system but everything run slowly.

The finder crash almost immediately.

So i gave up and does what i wrote in my last post.

I did not burn the PPF patched ISO as I don't have DVD-R anymore right now.

What I can tell is the patched files mentioned works for me doing a manual install as keyboard viewer doesnt crash anymore.

I still don't see the point in aggressive answers, and then deleting the post...

and what's so wrong with Acer PC ? it's just a box with a mobo, ram and CPU... I would have loved to buy a mac pro but it costs 4 times the price I paid for this PC. Anyway, it does not deserve the harsh language that was deleted...

Well i was aggressive because i'm simply curious to understand if it works or not and no one posted about that beside one user who said he had a panic but that post is worthless too without the panic description, a screen shot etc.

I was flaming you because you don't need a pkg at all if you have test1 installed, you can just run minipatcher v2 that will patch the files for you.

About the acer i was just trying to {censored} you off :D

OK,

I'm quite new to OS X86, but I've been using OS X & macs for a long time. (and hacking non PPC hardware for G4 and G5 too)

So I don't really know what minipatcher files do in these hacked DVD.

As I said, the patched files did correct the bugs with keyboard viewer. I can't tell for the other patched files as I wouldn't know how to test.

What I know is non patched DVD installed just fine on my system and I thought patched DVD would be identical, except for the patched files mentioned. So I was wrong about this but what pissed me off was not the Acer thing, it was the harsh things posted, and then deleted. I don't really see how this could help. If it was just about having success or failure report with the patched DVD, and that other ways to get only the patched files was not relevant here, it would have been easier (and nicer) to just say it...

Anyway, I guess the case is closed now, so no hard feelings and I hope those who patched and burnt the ISO will report here how it worked.

yes sorry i've overreacted, but a pkg isn't really needed you can just run minipatcher or write a shell script that will run minipatcher v2 after install

True, but your experience level is much better than most newbies here. Typing in Terminal, running shell scripts, unzipping to root either scares them or confuses them. Many times, their fumbling to get the shell script into root, once they figure out that means the / directory, they they end up screwing up the permissions and lose the executable bit.

It would be easier for them to download a zip file to their Desktop, double-click it to unzip it and then double-click it to install it.

On the otherhand, if a shell script is saved with the suffix of .command rather than .sh, it becomes a double-clickable script.

myzar sorry I din't post any pictures but the dvd crash at boot and I must write all the screen by hand.

Just tell me what you like to know.

Possibly the crash was due to my mobo A8N-SLI Premium because a few time after I got trouble with the bios settings and sometimes the disks disappears.

Actually I use a spare mobo A8N-E with AMD64 X2 3800, ATI X1600, 3x ATA, 1x SATA disks.

With the first dvd+patches+b8 kernel+forcedepth everythings works really fine, no more crash, really much reactive than 10.4.6.

If you like some specific benchmarks just tell me.