Hackintosh Keybord Shortcuts for Apple Hardware

13 posts in this topic

Other day I managed to EJECT my DVD pressing something like ALT+F12, but not sure now and can't do it again.

Some minutes back I could control my sound volume with the keyboard, pressing some key on the numeric keypad.

Anyone knows this shortcuts?

Yes, later I managed to remember it was F12 to eject the disk.

But I may have not explained well...

I use a PS/2 keyboard on my rig and so there is no command or function keys (I love this 14 year old keyboard) so even the Windows keys exists.

But, if I need a new PS2 or USB keyboard would be nice to know these shortcuts.

In the System Preferences there aren't any shortcuts for audio. I've been there before making this request.

Best regards.

Yep, just found that out (in Safari, HUGE fonts!! :-) ) Can't find a way to do it if iTunes hasn't got focus...

From Macosxhints - if iTunes is minimised (green button), move the pointer over the minimised iTunes window and the mouse wheel will control the volume (iTunes needs focus again...)

Whilst playing with this I found that Ctrl mouse-wheel has a zoom effect on the cursor position, I remember this from Ubuntu/ XGL but didn't know it was another feature 'borrowed' from Apple!

According to Apple Help:

Not all keyboards have volume keys. If you don't see keys with speaker icons, you cannot change your computer's volume using your keyboard.

But volume is controllable via Applescript. Probably can create a volume increase script and volume decrease script and then assign them to a key sequence using 3rd party software.

Sample script: /Library/Scripts/UI Element Scripts/Set Output Volume.applescript

Also, I'm sure a Google or Versiontracker or MacUpdate search could turn up something.

volume is controllable via Applescript. Probably can create a volume increase script and volume decrease script and then assign them to a key sequence using 3rd party software.

Sample script: /Library/Scripts/UI Element Scripts/Set Output Volume.applescript

Also, I'm sure a Google or Versiontracker or MacUpdate search could turn up something.

Here is a page with the needed Applescripts. By installing an app such as Quicksilver or Butler (or many others), you can assign a key sequence to run an Applescript, thus increasing volume, decreasing volume or muting.

http://zenchic.net/articles/2006/04/14/con...ith-applescript