sony vaio core solo nbook "Blue screen" any advice

docmac

6 posts in this topic

I am getting the blue screen ,with 10.4.7,just after the apple screen with the spinner. It actks like it is ok but the desktop never aperars. Just blue screen. :( My pc is a sony vaio notebook core solo 1.83. CPU-Z say's cpu is mmx,sse,sse2,sse3. I have tried just about every install option. My chipset is intel i945GM. Any idea what patch to use?? Or maybe none at all ?? :idea:

Seems I am not the only one with this problem.

Thanks for any help :D:D

:afro: I just wanted to update my install. I now have 10.4.7 installed and working very well. The problem I was having was the boot was locking up at the blue screen, after the grey apple screen. I did not know exactly what patches/programs to install on my vaio notebook. I have an intel core solo sse, sse2, and sse3. I have learned that the newer cpu's are mostly sse3. What I found was if your computer supports sse2 and sse3 to install the sse3 patch.( not both ) The reason the boot was locking up is I did not have the update to 10.4.7 box checked to install. I thought originally that was only to update from 10.4.6 . So I did some searching to find out why the boot was locking up at startup. What I read was the other people who were having this problem,they thought is was due to having a certain display /graphics card. Alot of the people have the GMA900 from intel, which is what I have.

Some people say you have to hook up an external moniter to get the OS to boot. But with me at least that was not the case. :):superman::smoke:

My notebook specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-N11OG

intel core solo with sse,sse2,sse3 support

intel GMA900 Card

windows xp and osx 10.4.7

What I installed of the disk:

core install programs (standard )

10.4.7 update

GMA900 support

wireless networking support

OSX is running very well and most power pc apps install and run. My next thing is to get wifi working, and sound. Not sure what the problem is there. So I hope this helps someone, I know it would of helped me when I was starting.

Thanks to those who helped me. And to all that make this site what it is :D:D:D:yoji::yoji:

Can anyone confirm the tricks work? I can confirm that my Dell inspiron when hooked to the external lcd monitor (from dell 19") works...it doesn't bring up the osx on the lcd but it does work on my laptop when connected externally. It does limit me to stay at my den, but since the wireless is not working..i have no choice but to stick around... I do have one of the intel/pro 2200 wireless cards? Anyone got it to work?

But first I want the screen to work...without the hassel of external connection, i am really sacred to try the wire tricks in the concern, that it might fry something! will it?