[How To] Solutions for Audio Problems

Rammjet

109 posts in this topic

Solutions to ALC268 for Leopard / Snow Leopard on Dell Vostro 1510 and hp Pavilion dv6500 / dv6700 / dv9500 / dv9700

Best new AppleHDA.kext for ALC268 audio on Vostro 1510 and hp Pavilion dv6500 / dv6700 / dv9500 / dv9700 running Leopard are here courtesy of Skvo from AppleLife.ru.

I've ported the hp version to a Snow Leopard AppleHDA.kext here. The Leopard kext is flawless and requires no other kexts - HDAenabler is a plugin kext on their version, but remove ALCinject.kext if you're using it.

My SL port no longer requires HDAenabler or ALCinject, as I've built the audio 'injection' into the DSDT.aml using the info from THE KiNG that is referenced in my post in that thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

55% off - Xlinksoft Video Converter Give You Your Best ThanksGiving Gift.

With the approaching of Thanksgiving, Xlinksoft Studio gives you a really super-value gift for it. Buy our popular products and get 55% price off from now on.

Buy the following products with 55% off.

http://www.xlinksoft.com/thank-giving.html

Xlinksoft Video Converter Platinum+Picture encryption --- 55% off

---------------------------------------------

Convert any video to any video.

Offer editing function.

Convert video to audio. Convert audio to audio.

IPhone Converter + iPod Converter + Blackberry Converter + PSP Converter + ...sword.

Encrypt all popular image formats.

No one can view your encrypted pictures without your exact password

Xlinksoft Video Converter Platinum --- 40% off

-------------------------------------------------------------

All-in-one converter: iPhone converter, iPod converter, PSP converter, Blackberry converter, Zune converter,

Convert any video to any video. Any audio to any audio.

Extract audios and images from videos.

Fully support Windows 7.

Xlinksoft Picture Encryption --- 40% off

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Professional picture encryption software which can encrypt all picture formats like BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG and ICO file, TIF file...

Encrypt and decrypt pictures within minimum time.

Quite easy-to-use.

Protect your privacy absolutely.

Fully support Windows 7.

More:

# Xlinksoft PSP Video Converter : 45% off

# Xlinksoft iPhone video Converter : 45% off

# Xlinksoft iPod video Converter : 45% off

# Xlinksoft Blackberry Video Converter : 45% off

site: http://www.xlinksoft.com/thank-giving.html

• 1 month later...

Here's a solution For users of Optiplex GX620 Ac97 sound cards or similar cards.

The card i Have is, specifically: Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) AC'97 Family Sound Card (Integrated) (rev 01) (Dell Device 01ad).

Download this kext, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88597. Place it in your home folder. Choose Go>Go to Folder. paste this in : ~/AppleAC97Audio.kext/contents/plugins/AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext/Contents . Double-click Info.plist (you must have read-write access to all parts of the kext.) you could also type, in CLI, " nano ~/AppleAC97Audio.kext/contents/plugins/AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext/Contents/Info.plist " search for the following lines of text (usually the first result for the string 0x266e8086)

<string>AppleAC97AudioIntelICH</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x266e8086</string>

Make it look like this.

<string>AppleAC97AudioIntelICH</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x27de8086 0x266e8086</string>

Install the kext with the standard procedure. If the kext doesn't already exist, u can use kexthelper. Remove a kext that already exists in the /System/Library/Extensions directory (you'll need "root" privleges) with the same name, but back it up to a safe spot first. Then install your new, modified, kext.

Now sound works, including Front panel outputs on the GX620. Success may vary with other models.

This fix is confirmed working on 10.4.6, 10.5.6, and 10.5.8. I have personally used it on the latter two. I will report shortly whether i have success with 10.6.2.

Update: Confirmed in 10.6.0 and 10.6.2. ;) Works fine.

• 1 month later...

How do I know what kext to install. I have installed a lot of kexts using kext helper but none of them work. In System Profiler I have 0x15580860 as the Device ID. With Available Devices is Speaker Line OUt Headphone Line In External Microphone which all say 1/8-inch Jack and S/P-DIF OUT which is Combo for connection. The top says Intel High Definition Audio but I am pretty sure I have some sort of Realtek High Definition Audio.

• 2 weeks later...

Alternative Solution for people dont have luck getting a suitable driver

hi

i just installed and updated Snow to 10.6.2, so kernel mode was set to x64 and all hardware worked fine.

GA-P35-DS4, 8800GTX by the way.

But MacFuse, NTFS-3G and some other apps have problems running in x64 mode.

so i decided to use x32 mode (thats the normal running mode now on original apple assembled devices i think). Every App was back at normal behaviour then, but my Sound was fragged also.

After reading a lot about actual kexts, my chip and about compiling the ALC889a into the dsdt, and about 30 kext/reboots/kernel panics later, i found out that my Soundcard isn't supported now by the extensions/Solutions out there in x32 mode. Give me a response if i am wrong.

My Solution for now: Use a cheap usb Device until your card is supported

so i actually use 2xAureonDualUsb (20 EUR each),

- one for Music/Movie/Game/System output

- and the other for telephony/skype/chat