[How To] Solutions for Audio Problems

Rammjet

109 posts in this topic

Please add If you are using the boot-132 method you must replace the retail audio kexts in the system/library/extensions if you do not get sound, I'm sure there is another way besides this but that would require editing a boot path so it reads your patched one instead of the retail one, but I do not know how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
The strange thing is that the sound panel shows audio-in and out (using dikfferents AppleHDA from Taruga), but in fact there's no sound at all. I tried to plug the headphone jack in every pin hole (just in case), but still no sound. I changed BIOS settings to HD Audio, Non-Vista, removed AppleAzaliaAudio kexts, etc with no success...

I have exactly the same problem, too. Different board, though (P5K/EPU here). Any ideas, please?

EDIT:

It finally works. Here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120969

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone help with 100% working ALC889A driver, the main issue is that the microphone is not not working AT ALL! I have tried the alc889a.zip on rapidshare it contains 2 kext: AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext

Sound is working, but mic not:(

Please it is critical for my skype conversations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well followed these instructions and no go for me - specs below.

I used iAtkos 10.5.2

Any idea what i need to do now to get sound working?

Everything else seems to be functioning so it would be cool to get some sound working.

Appreciate any advice

Thanks

Dell Dim 9150

* Pentium D 820

* 2GB DDR2-533

* 250GB Samsung HD160JJ SATAII HD

* 256MB nVidia 7800GTX

* Sigmatel 9220 HD Audio

*Vista and Mac OS X 10.5.2 (iAtkos v2.0i)

Ok sorry for my newbiness - I found this on the HCL and have no idea how to get this package or install it - can someone assist please?

i have searched for this package but found nothing.

SigmaTel 9220 (onboard) SigmaTel

* Require sigmatel 9220.pkg, working audio from line out pin

* Need to repair disc permission after pkg install

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I run XxX 10.5.6 on an Acer Aspire One A150. Audio works fine, including internal speaker and headphone switch.

Problem is, that after hibernation the sound is gone. Audio control are still visible. But there is just no sound. Well there is some sound. But very very low from the headphone output.

It's ALC 268 chipset. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have a small problem - my alc888 does not give me 5.1 channel sound in osx (10.5.6 retail) but only 4 channels (using the agg dev editor and setting headphone as stream 3-4 and built in line out as stream 1-2) so i only get quadrophonic. i got it to do this my doing a codec dump and using taruga's patcher but i have no luck with 5.1 so my centre channel is dead. it works fine in windows. my motherboard is an intel DG31-PR(3 pins only) also, headphone detection does not work for some reason and i have to manually set the output to headphones

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

I have a small problem - my alc888 does not give me 5.1 channel sound in osx (10.5.6 retail) but only 4 channels (using the agg dev editor and setting headphone as stream 3-4 and built in line out as stream 1-2) so i only get quadrophonic. i got it to do this my doing a codec dump and using taruga's patcher but i have no luck with 5.1 so my centre channel is dead. it works fine in windows. my motherboard is an intel DG31-PR(3 pins only) also, headphone detection does not work for some reason and i have to manually set the output to headphones

I too have same problem...how u peoceed

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello all,

Which driver you are using? Can you give me link please?

• 1 month later...