[How To] Solutions for Audio Problems

Rammjet

109 posts in this topic

Just in case anyone is looking for professional cards that work in OSX86 I can confirm the RME HDSP9652 pci card works flawlessly down to latency buffer sizes of 64 samples. Fireface 800 also works perfectly, and the TC Konnekt 24D firewire also works perfectly.

Folks looking for a good cheap but high quality option should consider either the Konnekt 8 or the Konnekt 24D, both are firewire and frankly, blow your inbuilt soundcards or cheap Creative Labs out of the water for quality and stability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Would it be possible you can re-attach the file you posted. I too have a Dell Optiplex GX620 and got TOH's Leopard finally installed but don't have any sound installed. Thank you.

Sorry for the delay, I have been away from home...

I have reattached the .kext in the original post, hope it works now :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, maybe someone can help me here... i don't know if its correctly, i have posted in osx86 installation forum too but i think heres the better place for it!

First... i have a Asus Maximus Mainboard X38 (Intel ICH9, as far as i know!)

i have done the following steps:

searched for a AC97 Kext...

i have edited the kext ... added following VEN ID 11D4 and Dev 198B - 0x11D4198B

then typed

kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

no errors and typed

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions and reboot

but no Sound working

i can load the kext... successfully as terminal says...

when i do a kextstat i see the kext in last line...

but after reboot the kext is gone and still no sound ?! what did i'm wrong?

i also edited the codec kext... added ads70 and a few more... only to be sure to match the correctly... i didn know the ads id....

Hi, maybe someone can help me here... i don't know if its correctly, i have posted in osx86 installation forum too but i think heres the better place for it!

First... i have a Asus Maximus Mainboard X38 (Intel ICH9, as far as i know!)

i have done the following steps:

searched for a AC97 Kext...

i have edited the kext ... added following VEN ID 11D4 and Dev 198B - 0x11D4198B

then typed

kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

no errors and typed

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions and reboot

but no Sound working

i can load the kext... successfully as terminal says...

when i do a kextstat i see the kext in last line...

but after reboot the kext is gone and still no sound ?! what did i'm wrong?

i also edited the codec kext... added ads70 and a few more... only to be sure to match the correctly... i didn know the ads id....

During the Kalyway Leopard install, you should have selected the first Azalia audio option when you customized the install. It worked for me with no edits required on my Maximus Formula. You can try using Pacifist on the disc to see if you can grab the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and revert your changes back to defaults.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have mac osx86 running succesfuly with everything working but the sound. It is running on a Dell Inspiron 8200 (intel). My built in sound is a Crystal 4205. Please any ideas on how to get this to work? I have a usb sound stick but because this is a laptop i prfer not to have stuff sticking out. Thanks!

,CRickman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi to all,

I have HP PC and it has ASUS A8M2N-LA MB. I have Leo 10.5.2 right now runing with out any problem but the no sound! this MB has ALC888 and I did download anything that people say it maywork but no luck yet. I hoping if any one can assist me.

thanks.

please help..

I have this Azalia audio kext thing for Conexant HD Audio on my 2119TX laptop.

can someone please guide how to modify and use this .kext thing?

I m clueless regarding this target directory and stuff....

• 3 weeks later...