[How To] Solutions for Ethernet Problems

Rammjet

132 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Out of curiosity, my Sony Vaio VGN-AR840E is currently running 10.6.8. But from the moment I had successfully installed OSX with the Retail 10.6.3 Disc and Nawcom's CD, my laptop has not recognized that I have a Marvell Yukon 88E8055 Ethernet Controller. This is true, even though the Nawcom CD installed a LegacyAppleYukon2.kext and the IONetworkingFamily.kext in /Extra. I have read, and read (and G-d knows how many Google searches and searches on this website), and can't for the life of me figure out how to get this laptop to recognize my Marvell ethernet controller.

UNFORTUNATELY, I will need to be spoonfed if there is a solution, step by step. But, I will follow instruction to the letter. Thankfully my later installed Broadcom Mini PCI-E card works nearly OOB with Apple80211Monitor.bundle from 10.6.6. The bundle file from 10.6.7 is where the trouble started with slowed system response and touchy wireless connections.

Additionally, I have a nVidia G84 8600m GT video chipset within the inside of the laptop. Graphics Enabler, if I insert a key and YES string in com.apple.Boot.plist, results in a black screen in the notebook. I wonder if you, or anyone knows how to get my 8600m GT being recognized and using all of its resources so that my graphics abilities are enhanced from the minimal I can accomplish only through setting Graphics Mode with a string of 1280x1024x32.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...