New Ralink RT2500-USB Driver [a la Airport Driver] - V 1.5

Prasys

381 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone confirmed the wusb54gc working in 10.6.3?

if so, could you share what you did?

Mines working on 10.6.2 with the Linksys_WUSB54GC_Setup.zip package from here Even though it says its for leopard and tiger it works fine on 10.6.2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I recently updated to Snow Leopard today, and had major issues getting my Zonet ZEW2500P USB adapter to connect to the internet. This adapter uses the Ralink 2500 chipset. Well, I stumbled upon a post in this thread where a user accidentally downloaded the RT2870 driver and then installed the package available on here, and bang, it worked for him. So I decided I'd try that method as well. I had no luck using the drivers here, so I removed ALL the RT-related kexts from System/Library/Extensions folder.

I hopped onto the Ralink website and downloaded the USB RT2870 driver... available here:

http://www.ralinktech.com/license_us.php?n...HdNZz09Qw%3D%3D

I ran the install tool from the 10.6 folder, and restarted the computer, yes 64 bit. I booted with -v and the last thing to show up was the USB utility... hmmm, interesting. So sure enough, the OS booted and up popped the Ralink Utility. Even more shocking... available connections!! Last but not least... I was able to connect to my router, and successfully obtain an IP address. The last step was hopping into the "System Preferences" and clicking on the "Network" icon. It found my new adapter... all I had to do was double click on it. BANG. Working like a charm with a WPA connection... yes INTERNET TOO!

Good luck to all the others. Sadly the 2870 driver might work for anybody unable to get the 2500 working. Sure as hell worked for me.

Brad

THANKS FOR THE INFO. yes yes yes :)

i now have my D-Link DWL-G122 Rev E1 working using that driver under osx 10.6.2 :) love u guys

BTW : what about synaptics trackpad not showing up in sys prefs ? tia

• 1 month later...

WOW.......WOW....... WOW.... This thing actually worked with my Ralink (info below)... I had been looking for a solution to get this thing working for the past week, and I just happened on this thread and viola it freaking works... I was just about to order a new wifi card to eleviate this problem too...

Computer Averatec 2370

Manufacturer Ralink

Product ID: 0x6877

Vendor ID: 0x0db0

Now for the problem... I installed this and it ONLY runs if i use the -F command before the computer boots... Not really a huge problem to type this everytime but I dont really want to have to type it every time, and also when using this -F command there are times when my keyboard does not work.. Anyone have any help or suggestions??

Now for the problem... I installed this and it ONLY runs if i use the -F command before the computer boots... Not really a huge problem to type this everytime but I dont really want to have to type it every time, and also when using this -F command there are times when my keyboard does not work.. Anyone have any help or suggestions??

Hello,

if u boot with -F option and I guess you use Chameleon or PCEFI as boot loader that option just tells the loader to ignore any kernel flaghs in your boot.plist.

So my guess is either

a. you edit and delete any kernel flags in boot.plist. Look in /E/E and one should also be in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

b. or you add "-F" to your kernel flags ;) // this would set the kernel flag, not to use any kernel flags ;) , makes me dizzy

=========================================

Folks,

I have not used my D-Link USB WLAN stick for a while. The connection quality was miserable.

It is the DWL-G122 Ver. C1 model.

I remember that I used the Ralink 2500 drivers. It worked both in 32 and 64bit SL, but too much connection breaks.

This was last spring. I do not see any new drivers there on Ralink support.

Any hints what other drivers do a better job. Great would be real Airport support.

Thanks for any hints.