Install X Server on Darwin

funny_bala

4 posts in this topic

hi

how can i install the x server and KDE over the Darwin? i can install and configure the apache and samba with php mysql for my server. but now i want to install x server for the darwin! where can i find it?

i tried opendarwin, and it cannot be installed on my server. it can't detect my Hard disk drive after install.but Apple Darwin 801 is working fine.

• 7 months later...

Yeah, I want it too! Actually I wanna use KDE or GNOME on top of Darwin. Can anyone tell me how to install XCode in Darwin, as I know that after installing XCode I can easily compile the packages like Xorg and KDE etc. Am I correct if not please correct me!

Yeah, I want it too! Actually I wanna use KDE or GNOME on top of Darwin. Can anyone tell me how to install XCode in Darwin, as I know that after installing XCode I can easily compile the packages like Xorg and KDE etc. Am I correct if not please correct me!

Download xcode, mount the image with "hdid /pathToDMG/xcode.dmg" and then "installer -pkg /Volumes/xcode/xcode.pkg -target /"

Maybe like this? :hysterical: Sorry, i never used darwin before. :thumbsup_anim: