broadcom 5751 ven_14E4&dev_1600 help please

dcbckup

10 posts in this topic

I've followed just about every guide from this site to try to get my broadcom 5751 netxtreme gigabit onboard to work.

my setup is an Hp dc7600 P4 3.0ghz 82945 chipset.

All guides seem to be for the dev_1677. i've followed those guides and just edited the info.plis files to match my device id of 1600 in all instances. after i do that and repair permissions and reboot. my card is recognized but it comes up red and says cable unplugged.

I've tried manual settings and those didn't work either.

can someone with this card or knowledge of this issue please give me a hand.

thanks

i'm using 10.4.5

i've tried everything on that page can someone please help me. i've done the hex editing correctly but still nothing. i just keep getting. built-in ether cable is unplugged and thats it. i can manually put in an address but that doesn't work.

Ok i give up on trying to get my onboard card to work... does anyone know of any small form factor cards that work. i've read the wiki and searched the forums but no info on small form factor was available. i have a small hp with 3 pci slots but it looks like any card i'll have to get may have to be really small

• 1 month later...
Ok i give up on trying to get my onboard card to work... does anyone know of any small form factor cards that work. i've read the wiki and searched the forums but no info on small form factor was available. i have a small hp with 3 pci slots but it looks like any card i'll have to get may have to be really small

Unforuntately I have tried everything aswell and I get the exact same issue. I don't think the 5752 in the hpdc7600 (which I have) will work at the moment. I haven't yet looked for a small form factor pci pr pci-x ethernet card, but if I find one that works I'll let you know

• 5 weeks later...

I've found AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip here.

So I added my ethernet card id (1600) in the info.plist file, and then installed it.

So, now, Mac OS recognize my ethernet card but it assign 00:00:00:00:00:00 as MAC address and says "a network cable is unplugged".

I've tried to configure manually with "ifconfig en0 lladdr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" but the result is "Network is down".

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...