HP G7 Hackintosh possible ? Help me please

alin86p

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

New and beginner +++ in the world of Hackintosh
(I started to learn computer with a 386SX and his multiple is to tell you if I'm old ....)
I struggled for over a week with my HP 7 Pavilion G7 2042sf laptop, I tried all the solutions I found in vain, the installation fails from the beginning and following the applications always the same error (he seems)
I tried with the all-in-one vanilla OS X guide (including Chameleon + DSDT) for the novantants
Always the same ... I must be silly ...: D
if you had any ideas to help me and help the time ...? thank you :)
a picture of the screen

ps1: my config

HP Pavilion G7 2042sf

bios 32F

processor: Intel i3 B960 2.20GHz intel64 family 6 model 42 stepping 7

memory: 6GB

Graphics: HD Graphics Family

resolution: 1366x768

Ps2: it's a sorry Google translation

20190404_163512.jpg

Edited by alin86p
traduction hs...

Merci beaucoup pour cette réponse ça éclaire ma "chandelle" je pensais, à tort, que le B960 était un i3 ... :( en tout cas c'est ce que j'avais compris lors de l'achat du portable... bref! Je vais tenter la solution pour voir si je me lance et m'orienter vers un autre pc :)

Edited by alin86p

5 hours ago, Hervé said:

English in the (current) international section please. For French, please post in the dedicated French section.

no problem it escaped it escaped me ... thanks for the welcomee.....:)

Edited by alin86p
error

Hello,
I replaced, successfully, my B960 processor with a i3 2328M  everything works perfectly with Windows and Ubuntu, I actually thought, wrongly, that my B960 processor was an i3 ....
I restarted the installation of Hackintosh with the options (cpus = 1 -v -x) I advance a little but it still blog .... I have the impression that it is the bluetooth that is problematic.
So I have several questions:
- Is the Sandy Bridge suitable?
- What is the best version of Mac OS X that can succeed?
- What is the boot loader that could advance best (Clover, Chamélon ...)?
Thanks again for your answers.

ps: sorry again for English I do not master enough so I use an automatic translator

20190407_090345.jpg

• 6 months later...

Trying to get the High Sierra (10.13.6) installer to boot (using Clover in MBR mode as machine has no native EFI support outside of HP diagnostics partition)) on an HP g7-1217ca (probably similar to, if not the same (but Canadian keyboard) version of the g7-1217ev). What options should I use besides lapic? With lapic I can get a ways in, but no gui, it kernel panics in fact I'd say (the circle with line through it, distorted text as well if verbose was enabled). This is a Sandy Bridge Core i5 (so HD 3000 graphics) with a secondary AMD GPU (Radeon HD 6470M). I have 6GB of RAM too. I note no working touchpad in Clover (using a USB keyboard and mouse, which does work). Any help would be appreciated :)