"NTLDR Is Missing"! For OS X?

iHacG10

2 posts in this topic

Hello, i am stuck on a problem with os x 10.4.5 and cant seem to get it working. I have been dual booting in between winxp and os x 10.4.5. Today when i started up the os x i got a ntldr is missing error and dont know how to go about fixing it on macs. I have fixed it for windows before (fixboot) but i have no clue why i am getting this on my mac. Before i posted this i wipped my harddrive clean that had the xp installed on it and installed os x on it with my other computer. I am know able to start up my computer using my new install of os x but i still have a hard drive with os x on it and a ntldr missing error on startup. I can access the drive on my new osx and i have tried repairing permissions and repairing disk but i still get that blasted message.

Is there any way i am able to copy something from my working harddrive and pasted it on my bad copy of osx?

And yes i have searched around the forum and google for answers but i cant come up with a solution.

Here are my specs if anyone is interested.

Machine Name: Apple Development Platform

Machine Model: ADP2,1

CPU Type: Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M Processor 2800+

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 128 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 EST

Memory: 768 MB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 080012 (American Megatrends Inc.)

Any help would be greatly appericated.

i think the problem here lies on which partition u installed the os on.... i had that issue several times before when i fiddled around with my laptop and tried to dual boot.... i manage to get it working flawlessly now...

lets say if ur hard disk is made in two partitions, u installed mac on the first partition and windows on the second partition, you need to modify the boot.ini in windows to match the partition number at which windows is residing in....

ie, from

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

to

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

the problem lies with windows trying to find the file ntldr i partition 1, where ur os x lies.... thats y that error occurs... but if u change the boot.ini file to match the location of ur windows, it will boot correctly....

hope this works for u, as it had worked for me...... cheers!