Playstation 3 For Sale

Tech607

36 posts in this topic

bwhsh8r, i mostly agree with you to an exent but "something that will only be obsolete allmost right after we get it" is quite the statement. after hearing of ramblings that the ps4 (why they're mentioning it now is beyond me...the 3rd one STILL has plenty of bugs) is going to come out in 2010. so not quite... :)

i'm here to tell you all i'm going to get one in at least 6 to 8 months (at the normal price) and YDL will be installed on it (linux for you haters) as well as an upgraded hard drive. Who knows...by that time, they may have a "loader" out for it too. Anyway, i guess i'm in the minority in this thread but that's quite alright with me.

Lastly, I NEVER buy the 1st generation of any product! While sony's still tweaking bugs, I'm saving money and once the time is right and the 'early adopter' phase is done and gone...i'll jump in.

:)

bwhsh8r, i mostly agree with you to an exent but "something that will only be obsolete allmost right after we get it" is quite the statement. after hearing of ramblings that the ps4 (why they're mentioning it now is beyond me...the 3rd one STILL has plenty of bugs) is going to come out in 2010. so not quite... ^_^

i'm here to tell you all i'm going to get one in at least 6 to 8 months (at the normal price) and YDL will be installed on it (linux for you haters) as well as an upgraded hard drive. Who knows...by that time, they may have a "loader" out for it too. Anyway, i guess i'm in the minority in this thread but that's quite alright with me.

Lastly, I NEVER buy the 1st generation of any product! While sony's still tweaking bugs, I'm saving money and once the time is right and the 'early adopter' phase is done and gone...i'll jump in.

:jester:

what i meant by that is by the time it ships pc hardware will have surpassed that technologically, witch in my book makes it obsolete, it happens to every console, and it happens with in a month or two, or maybe three of launch, but it still happens quick, and its not like you can just switch/upgrade the gpu or cpu on these things, and thats why... that and the case is making the things overheat after 10minutes... i forgot to mention that....

what i meant by that is by the time it ships pc hardware will have surpassed that technologically, witch in my book makes it obsolete, it happens to every console, and it happens with in a month or two, or maybe three of launch, but it still happens quick, and its not like you can just switch/upgrade the gpu or cpu on these things, and thats why... that and the case is making the things overheat after 10minutes... i forgot to mention that....

ok, i hear ya now. i guess i didn't realize that they're overheating, i hadn't heard that yet. but to me, it sounds like your looking at it more as a PC than as a console. i agree, you obviously can't change out the GPU or CPU but couldn't really do that with any other consoles before the PS3 (unless i'm mistaken?) your comparison sounds more like 'apples to oranges' rather than 'apples to apples'. i agree that PCs are more advanced and i feel as though PC's will always be superior to consoles in terms of the technology within them. the ps3 though is amazing in terms of the hardware within it but i'm bummed about the amount of RAM they put in the thing. for me, that might make YDL feel a little sluggish (not sure yet) but i'll manage. :)

now if we could just get the country (and perhaps the world) to adopt blu-ray! :)

Edited by tha_toadman