The Zune!

Lostgame

60 posts in this topic

Vista won't be supported with Zune until January, as the Zune isn't a Enterprise product and isn't released. Vista isn't official until January (except for Enterprise).

I stumbled upon this the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzu4LMEqzTg

I then go to google and searched for "zune blog", got 56,600,000 hits, then I tried "ipod blog", got 126,000,000, just a bit over twice the hits for zune. It's a bit suspicious considering that zune is not released/just released and iPod is more than 4 years old. Could it be Microsoft hype machine at work making fake blogs?

p.s. with just iPod and Zune as search term, the comparison is 233,000,000 : 139,000,000. Zune still seem to be suspiciously high, considering that "ps3", "wii" and "xbox 360" each returned less than zune, around 100,000,000 hits. Of course I have no idea how accurate and current Google's data is, so this is pretty unreliable statistics.

p.p.s Google trends shows this:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ipod%2C+zun...ll&date=all

p.p.p.s. ok, gaming console is too different to compare, but search for sandisk, who holds second place in mp3 players in marketshare, only returned 44,800,000, search for its player "sansa" returned even less at 16,100,000.

Ugh.

It's reasons like this why I have finally decided to abandon everything Microsoft except my Xbox 360.

Why I have my iPod.

Why my new MacBook Pro is coming in a week.

Apple FTW!!! :)

Dude, I worked in a large corporation that had over 10,000 employees, TVA was were I worked. They are large companies like that, where employees live on the road and use stuff like pdas, blackberries, and mp3 players. They need some entertainment to. So yeah, it will be an issue and will show some of these larger corporations that are bigger than TVA that Microsoft half asses their stuff. Zune should be supported from Windows 2000 and up, period.

Whether your anecdotal evidence indicates business users do use PMP for entertainment purposes I'm sure that they are a minority and pretty much no one (Outside of fans on Mac sites) will care very much or think little of Microsoft.

Also, your anecdotal evidence also doesn't change the definition and purpose of a business, one which does not involve employee entertainment or hold it in any noticable light.

Why should it be supported from 2000 and up ? Because people still use 2000, how many, 3 ? And which version of Windows will the average person be using ? I'd daresay it's XP, which is supported.

In a perfect world 3.1 would be supported but it's not a perfect world and you need to be realistic and get over it.

Also, you're already on this little tirade in the other thread so why not leave it to 1 thread ? Especially so since you're yet to counter what I've said, I think it might be easier for your argument if there is only a single thread you have to focus on.

robotskip, if you haven't worked in a large corporation, then shut up. I have and I know many that use their laptops with entertainment cause they are on the road. If you haven't been in this situation, then why keep this up. Plus the continual tearing me down is ridiculous. You seemingly don't know when to quit. Me in many threads? Anything vista related you are in and defending like a Mel Gibson in Braveheart. YOU sir have given me no evidence but that you are a MS fan and just can't stand opinions that are not praising Microsoft. Plus when real facts are given to you, you ignore them and try to tear others down. Very narrow minded if I may say so. You will probably whine "personal attack" and report me, but I am thinking that you are getting on the nerves of alot of members and mods/admins.

So, you can't prove my statement wrong so you just say 'Shut up' ? :P Sandy, what employees do while travelling has nothing to do with the business version of Vista until you (I've asked how many times ?) provide a new meaning for business and the purpose of businesses. As far as I'm aware employee entertainment isn't a requirement for a product/service which will be used in a business environment.

Please point out a single occasion where I have blindly defended anything Microsoft. For the record I believe there have been 2 single cases of an [apparent] defense, one is in relation to Vista support for the Zune and the other is a persons claims that Vista is a resource hog and forces you to buy a new PC. It seems to me that you're just trying to exacerbate the situation. :)

Also, point out a single occasion where I have attacked someone for disliking a Microsoft product though it has to be fine and not on inaccurate reasons. As I've said, there have been an incredible few amount of comments from me in some 'defence' and they have been in 2 single topics, stop trying to make it out as if I'm on some crusade on a Mac site to tell you all how silly you are. :o

See, I have done very little and you are simply being sensationalist. Also, where are these 'real facts' ? You mean how a few testers will receive a free copy of Vista ? Please, I showed how that was pretty much irrelevant. Also, I haven't torn you [or others] down, at all and the only thing remotely close would be me insinuating that you can't provide a valid reason as to why I'm wrong otherwise none of this 'tearing down' you so valiantly speak of. ;)

I have posted in a single Vista thread (If I remember correctly though if there are others I have forgotten feel free to point them out :)), the one in th Great Debate section and the only thing I 'defended' was inaccurate claims and all I did was provide a source for someone debunking the persons claim. Also, I have given several amounts of evidence why I'm not a blind fan of Microsoft though you have chosen to ignore them, it seems.

And please, you, joe and others have ignored what I have said numerous times and have attacked me even though I haven't attacked anyone since the thread that was closed, as asked by the mods, though others have attacked me, I don't really care, I only point it out because [apparently] the mods don't like it, so I stopped and kindly asked you fellows to do so too and it seemed you had stopped. :(

If I'm getting on the nerves of mods/admins than maybe they'd be kind enough to reply to my PMs where I question if what I'm doing is okay (No personal attacks/immaturity so based on what Metrogirl said in the other thread, I'm doing okay, haha :)).

robotskip, nobody wants to argue with you anymore. You are the greatest and smartest person around and everything you say about Vista and Zune is completely true, you know all and hold a superior wisdom that is a sight to behold.

I hope that's all the {censored} you've been wanting to hear and you finally go away :blowup:

Actually, no. The only thing I'm waiting for is either; the people who have been against my argument prove me wrong or they admit I'm right and move along. :angel:

Please, stop trying to put words in my mouth, someone has already tried that and failed. Also, if you want me to 'go away' just ignore this thread as incredibly difficult, horrible and potentially life destroying as that sounds. :)

So, are you going to counter my argument joe ? :blowup:

There is one flop already this holiday season .

The Microsoft Zune which is already shown very poor sales and rightly so once you realized what onerous copy protections is on it and how little it does.

An unusual Starter for Microsoft for the Software Giant for Its software incompatibility.

What is your poor sales comment based on, that story where someone checked 4 stores, gee, that really represents a huge country. Also, you mean, the onerous copy protections people failed to explain when I asked them about it ?

Sources + explanations. :D

Australia.

I assume you were trying to make it out as if my question was some ridiculous and personal thing, well, no, it wasn't, I'm simply asking you to back up your arguments which I assume from you not doing, you can't ? :|

Now, are you going to explain your comments (Like, what's your source for the Zune [apparently] selling so horribly and why the restrictions are onerous - for the record, I think you should stop using onerous in this context, it's probably not the most fitting word choice) ? If not, I'm going to post "iPods are ugly, don't work properly and sell horribly in Australia" and run off and not explain anything. :P

I like to deal in specifics and so on, so when someone makes a claim, I like to hear some type of backing otherwise people will just sit there making up things. :chef:

So, sources for:

- Zune being a flop

- Amount of sales

- How the copy protections are restrictive

HAHAHA the zune is COMPLETELY FLOPPING LOL!!!

I think I may actually feel bad for micro{censored}... bah wtv.

They can rot in PC hell for all I care!

And while they do that, they can hold the Zune how it's supposed to be held and drop it time and time again! THE THING'S UNSTABLE!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! A COMET IS COMING!!!

wait no that's a Zune...

EVEN WORSE!!!

Australia.

I assume you were trying to make it out as if my question was some ridiculous and personal thing, well, no, it wasn't, I'm simply asking you to back up your arguments which I assume from you not doing, you can't ? :)

Now, are you going to explain your comments (Like, what's your source for the Zune [apparently] selling so horribly and why the restrictions are onerous - for the record, I think you should stop using onerous in this context, it's probably not the most fitting word choice) ? If not, I'm going to post "iPods are ugly, don't work properly and sell horribly in Australia" and run off and not explain anything. :P

I like to deal in specifics and so on, so when someone makes a claim, I like to hear some type of backing otherwise people will just sit there making up things. :chef:

So, sources for:

- Zune being a flop

- Amount of sales

- How the copy protections are restrictive

Why are getting your panties in a bunch over a statement that katmail made. I bought the zune and took it back, my Ipod video is way better.

My panties aren't in a bunch and I'm simply asking him what his sources are, etc.

Is that too much ? :o

Edit: So, you just replied and you have 0 sources or anything to back up your statements which I assume is because you can not provide any and are simply making things up ? :P