USB Drive Not Working In OSX

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm currently running OSX 10.4.6 (HOTiSO) under VMWare Server installed on Ubuntu 6.10. (If anyone's interested, I found performance to be approximately 50% better than running VMWare Workstation under Windows XP!)

However, even though I've added a USB device to the VM, whenever I plug my USB flash drive in, it doesn't appear in OSX. It mounts correctly in Ubuntu, but I can't see it in OSX.

If it's any help, it didn't work in the Windows VM install I mention above either!

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

cell

I tried both ways - booting and then plugging it in and also booting with it plugged in. Neither way detected the drive. How exactly can I tell if my USB ports are compatible? Is there a way in OSX to detect whether the VMWare USB interface has been picked up at all?

Plug it into the the USB port, then in OSX go to Apple, then About This Mac, then More Info. Go to the USB section. If you can find the drive in there, then OSX sees it. From there, I don't know what it could be. I have never had a pen drive not work in OSX, Windows or Linux. Is the drive formatted FAT/FAT32?