Why is my Sierra Hackintosh periodically crashing?

bferg

7 posts in this topic

I am having crashes every so often on my Sierra Zone Hackintosh. I have no idea what is causing it because in the ".crash" logs there are a few different things. One of the main ones is Logic X. I have perfect sound, Internet & graphics running on an older MSI Platinum P35 Motherboard that's LGA775 with a Xeon X5460 that was converted from LGA771 to LGA775 with that mod & an AMD HD6670 1GB DDR5. I have DIGI 002r hooked up via firewire & everything works perfect...for awhile...BUT, it periodically crashes, & not always while running Logic X. Logic X won't even be open, I'll just be watching youtube or something & it will crash for "apparently" no reason. I have attached a few console ".crash" files that happened from a while ago til yesterday from Logic X & another one that happened because (if I'm not mistaken) of VTDecoder & another becuz of Minergate. I'm pretty sure these are what caused the whole computer to crash & not just records of the program/app crashing. If not, please let me know which file records the crash of the ENTIRE computer. Can someone who knows have a look & see if they know what's going on? Please & thankyou. P.S. I can return the favor.

Logic Pro X_2018-02-05-041818_Studios-iMac copy.txt

minergate_2018-02-06-001943_Studios-iMac copy.txt

VTDecoderXPCService_2018-01-31-215106_Studios-iMac copy.txt

Try removing all your Ram sticks (if more than one) and reinstall them one at a time, boot the machine and test for stability. Repeat this for everytime you'll add a Ram stick.

If you have just one (I don't think so) try replacing it with a new one.

If you are running several Ram sticks try swapping their slot position.