attachicon.gif02.png

or UEFI

BT

attachicon.gifBluetoothDevBroadcomInjector.kext.zip

slide 128

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

what ur processor?

Processor is i7-5930K LGA2011V3

ok. Let me download the Clover installer and make that change. THANKS!!!!

• Like 1

Processor is i7-5930K LGA2011V3

ok. Let me download the Clover installer and make that change. THANKS!!!!

we need add some patches for Power Management

use boot from HDD/SSD and let me know, we have some work in front

• Like 1

Looks like I can only download version 4392. You have 4398

I hope that won't make a difference

we need add some patches for Power Management

use boot from HDD/SSD and let me know, we have some work in front

ok

• Like 1

Wow MaLd0n:

I went to put your clover folder in and the config file and Broadcom kext. Looks like you did everything for me. Just install and go.

I can't thank you enough.

OK. Now I'm going to reboot and let's see what happens.

MaLd0n

ok, I am back!

It looks good and reboots fine now.

The BT still keeps searching for a connection and never stops and it never finds anything. It says that it is discoverable and everything looks like it should work, but it doesn't

In the ioreg PCI section, the NVMe drive still shows it is in the ethernet slot (?) instead of the M.2 slot and I do not know yet if the PC will come back from sleep. 

That is all. It would be nice to get the BT working and I have the ASUS Thunderbolt board that I want to install after I get this all working.

I really can not thank you enough. There is now way I would have gotten here without your help. Absolutely no way.

There are two files that I understand can get corrupted for BT and I deleted them and had the system regenerate them on restart, but it didn't fix the problem. 

I had better get some sleep MaLd0n

I am going to do some more research on the BT tomorrow. At least my system is now stable. 

I'll let you know if I figure it out and please let me know if you have any more ideas. You guys on this board are great.

MaLd0n

I have had a chance to go over things this morning

The things that are not working are the sleep management -- when the computer foes to sleep, it in not able to be woken up, the screen is unresponsive and the keyboard or mouse do not work to wake it up last night. This morning I had to press the power switch to get it out of sleep.

The sound is not working.

The Bluetooth does not connect.

These X99 systems must be different enough from the standard systems.

Hey MaLd0n

Bluetooth works!!!

Now only the sleep and the sound to try and fix! You actually fixed the Bluetooth yesterday. I am right next to the wireless router so the wireless was working perfect with no antenna on the PC, but I plugged the antenna in this morning and the wireless started to work. So the wireless does not need an antenna, but the BT does. Good to know.

BTW, when the PC goes to sleep, I lose the USB drive. I have to pull it out and re-insert it for the system to see it again. I was thinking about using the NullCPUPowerManagement kext, but that doesn't really fix anything. I think it just keeps the sleep from working.

Hi MaLd0n

I found a thread on this site

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309717-haswell-e-5820k-5930k-installation-guide-with-full-speedstep-working/

and there was a kext mentioned there that I tried in step 11 but it did not work. I also tried a few Clover settings for the sound but they made things worse so I took them out.

BTW, when I log in (sometimes, but not always) I will type my password and the numbers sometimes don't work. I have to use the numeric pad for the numbers. Then after a while, the numbers work in the main keyboard. Not a really big issue, but I thought it was weird

The script had a problem saving the ioreg but it seemed to do it anyway. Hopefully you have everything you need, but if not, let me know.

Send_me.zip

Is mine not original? I just put that kext in my post into my clover/kext directory. I never touched the S/L/E directory. Changing things there kind of scares me. It should be the original AppleHDA. If it is not, let me know and I will copy it from my USB installation and copy it to my hard drive.

Sorry MaLd0n

I thought I had deleted that kext from my clover directory. It was still there. I deleted it and I will reboot my system and re-run your program

the nvme with Ethernet in PCI, we solve it, just run PM and audio, after we solve others

Here is the new file

check new folder above

go to system preferences/audio and put internal speakers

• Like 1

MaLd0n

I should test with kext in the S/L/E directory? I thought it was safer to put them in the clover/kexts directory so that I do not change the apple files.

ok. I will do as you say and try my changes in the S/L/E directory.

the nvme with Ethernet in PCI, we solve it, just run PM and audio, after we solve others

check new folder above

go to system preferences/audio and put internal speakers

WE solved it? YOU solved it.

ok, I will try your file. I have no idea how you do this.

MaLd0n

The system came woke back up when I put it to sleep so maybe that is fixed!!

I will wait this time for the system to put itself to sleep and see if I can wake up

Is the audio supposed to work? I tried the audio on the little internal speaker and the line out also. There is no sound. 

I will let you know in a few minutes if the sleep is working for sure.

• Like 1

ok, here are two files. One before the new dsdt and one after.

I do not know how to check if power management is working. Is there something I can look for to tell me? The sound is still not working.

I have to fly out very early in the morning. I really wanted to work on this as long as it takes tonight, but I must go to sleep soon. I will look on the computer once more before I go to sleep to see if there is anything else you want me to try. 

This seems to be some very tricky stuff

Send me Vitos-Mac-Pro before DSDT.zip

Send me Vitos-Mac-Pro after new DSDT.zip

• Like 1

That is scary. ok. I will do that and try it.

I should then remove all of them from the clover/kexts/other ?

Hello

no luck..... the audio only will play from the internal speaker.

I will make you one more file, then I must log off. I will be back on Friday and will check your posts as soon as I return.

Once again, I want to thank you. This stuff is pretty complicated.

Send me Vitos-Mac-Pro after kext move.zip

• Like 1

YES!!!! It works under the internal speaker but it plays sound through the line out. Strange that it works that way, but it works!!

So now, only the sleep function?

Well, I had better log off. I am only going to get a few hours sleep before I go to the airport.

I will check this again as soon as I get back on Friday.

Thanks and have a great night!

• Like 1

k

enjoy and let me know

MaLd0n

I checked this as I was walking out the door.

Looks like everything except sleep is working right now.

I think the problem is that the USBs go to sleep and do not wake up. I have a USB keyboard and mouse so they are not working when the computer sleeps. That means when I hit the keyboard, the computer does not see it and wake up. I must touch the power button to make it wake up. And the USB drives get ejected because they also went to sleep.

I'll talk to you again on Friday