Dell Precision T7500 with nVidia Quadro FX3800

ncafferkey

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been trying to install Sierra for about two weeks without success on my T7500 with two hex-core Xeon X5660s. I'm using Clover 2.4k rev 4392. I chose these options when installing Clover:

• Install Clover in the ESP.
  • Install boot0af in the MBR.
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.

I performed the following addition steps:

• Installed FakeSMC.kext.
  • Installed a patched T7500 DSDT.aml I located on the Internet.
  • Set FixTMR=false.
  • Set AppleIntelCPUPM=true.

The last two steps above helped me get past kernel panics during boot, but I'm now stuck when loading graphics drivers (I think). I've attached a screenshot of a typical KP that I get. Some of the last output lines that seem relevant:

NVDAStartup: Official

AppleTyMCEDriver::...

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered

DSMOS has arrived

prevent idle sleep list: IODisplayWrangler+ (1)

I don't always get all of these lines.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm surprised how much trouble I'm having, as I've read numerous success stories of installing macOS on T7500s, with only relatively minor problems encountered.

post-2388470-0-51662700-1517351435_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's pretty old, from about 2010, but it's the original card provided with this PC and I think I read of others using it successfully. The only Sierra driver I could find on nVidia's site didn't list the FX3800 as one of the supported cards: is it worth trying anyway?

P.S. Is there any way to use generic/framebuffer/VESA graphics so I can at least run the installer?

el captain might support it. you might want to make a more suitable config plist for your machine. the one you posted has tons of graphics injection. Intel, ATI and Nvidia from what I saw. also smbios seems to be doing weird things. you might want to generate a new one for Mac Pro 5,1.

you can try with this one.

just replace your old clover files with files I zipped you can leave the other files that your clover has but backup your EFI folder first just in case.

for me sleep works but shutdown hangs in 10.13.x

also you might want to change your theme to whatever your using as this one is keyed to metal in config plist.

I removed all non essentials from zip to upload it

t7500.zip