I need a functional Bluetooth Adapter that really works!

junausp

31 posts in this topic

So there is no Bluetooth adapter that really works 100% in Hackintosh?

The one I posted above has worked perfectly for everything I've used it for?   I don't know about Handoff as I've never tried that before.  If that's what you're referring to I could test it later, assuming my WiFi dongle works in macOS (I think handoff won't work with a wired connection; at least the help page says BlueTooth, WiFi and Handoff must all be enabled on both mac and iOS.)

EDIT:  Nah, the WiFi dongle I have to hand (Realtek chip) doesn't seem to work in macOS.  It shows up in About This Mac -> System Report but it doesn't make a new network available in Networks.    I've got another couple in the house somewhere, I might test again with one of those later.  I've never investigated getting WiFi on this Hack as it's a desktop and I'm always cabled.

Hi guys, 

I have struggled with problems with usb dongles that worked sometimes and others not, first I bough an Trust usb 18187 and it worked most of the time, but sometimes it disconnect, after that and after watching some videos I bought an Edup bluetooth and wifi adapter that don't work for me no matter what I tried... 

To make a long story short I finally bought and 

ABWB 802.11 ac Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.0 (PCI-Express PCI-E) bcm943602cs Combo and all my problems with bluetooth and wifi are solved, but the kexts BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext are needed for personal hotspot with the iPhone and iMessage... 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

As the saying goes.....'There's no fool like an old fool' well today I definitely fit the bill. For years I've been using a cheapo Aula Ghost Shark Gaming Mouse and decide to change it after finding it was the culprit to my machine's flaky Sleep and Screen Saver problem. A few months back I treated my self to a Logitech MX keys for Mac keyboard and cannot fault it as it connects seamlessly between Mac and Windows so decided to get the Mouse to compliment the keyboard. Watched a few video reviews and learnt there is a new edition, the MX Master3 for Mac, the model before is reputed to work on both Windows and Mac but watched a video where the presenter said the new model also works on both Windows and Mac as well, the only difference he could find was the colour compliments the keyboard and I was sold. Well, it works in Mac ok but in Windows it will work for about two minutes and then freeze although still indicating connected to B/T. Another annoying thing, no mouse operation in the BIOS although the keyboard does which allows me to navigate around the BIOS, which gives me a lot of head scratching, how can the keyboard work in the BIOS and the Mouse does not? After my early Microsoft days with wireless keyboard and mouse, I vowed never to run these two on any future setup and yet here I am £90.00 poorer. Can't let the wife know because I told her it's the best thing since slice bread.:wallbash:

• Sad 1

I had one of those too, and send it back to amazon, and was refunded, mine was a disaster, flaky, unreliable didn't work in bios... I didn't like ir at all, welcome back to Apple Magic Mouse 2, and I'll stay with it...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

I had one of those too, and send it back to amazon, and was refunded, mine was a disaster, flaky, unreliable didn't work in bios... I didn't like ir at all, welcome back to Apple Magic Mouse 2, and I'll stay with it...

Yea mine is also on it's way back - does the Apple Magic Mouse 2 work in the BIOS? Like I said, it's crazy that the Logitech MX Keyboard works in the BIOS but not the Mouse. To be quite honest I have never found a wireless mouse that functions in the BIOS like a wired one.

PS - I just learnt why the Logitech Mx Keyboard can operate in the BIOS and the MX Master 3 Mouse does not. The keyboard is connected by a USB Receiver and the Mouse is connected by B/Tooth which is not available until machine is actually booted into the operating system which is a bummer.

Edited by eSaF
Added more info to post
  • Like 1