VoodooHDA sound breaking up and crackling on High Sierra 10.13.3

jcmrdc

24 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Greetings form Brazil!  My sound used to be fine with Voodoo Universal 2.8 kext up to macOS High Sierra 10.12, but now that I installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 the sound is breaking up and crackling.  Any ideas on what it could be?  Thank you very much for your time and help.  I really appreciate it!

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 from App Store

Motherboard Gigabyte G41MT-S2P F3 (legacy boot only)

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400

EVGA GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)

8GB of RAM

HD Samsung SATA 1TB

Sound Device Info

VoodooHDA 2.9.1

Codec: VT2021

Vendor 8086

Device 27D8

Sub Ven: 1458

Sub Dev: A014

Interesting...  I keep having to reset my clock, but it always delays two minutes.  What should I do?  I'm almost going back to Windows 10 because I do sound editing and a Hackintosh with no sound is useless to me.

Interesting...  I keep having to reset my clock, but it always delays two minutes.  What should I do?  I'm almost going back to Windows 10 because I do sound editing and a Hackintosh with no sound is useless to me.

Do you have a small battery on the motherboard?   

Check aound (google) your processor specs and timings like QP,I bus speed etc... These can be set in clover in CPU section using clover configurator.    

Yes, my motherboard has a BIOS battery on it.  I'm a newbie so I don't really know how to proceed now.  I was able to get a lot done by myself simply by searching and reading guides and help forums online, but this audio issue totally baffles me.  I have found very little info on it, maybe it's because version 10.13.3 is so new.  None of the solutions I found fixed the problem...

Hi bronxteck.  I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 processor and the only VoodooTSCSync.Kext I found for a four-core processor is specific for LGA2011 CPUs and mine is a LGA775.  Should I install it anyway?  Thanks!

Hi MaLdOn, I'm pretty new at this level of 'hackintoshing', so please forgive me if I ask a stupid question.

1) Do you mean config.plist or info.plist ?

2) The VoodooHDA.kext should be installed in /Library/Extensions  or  in /System/Library/Extensions ?

Thank you for your feedback!

So, do I have to enter a string of my audio device to replace the one that's already there?  I noticed that under CFBundleSignature there are four question marks ????.  Do I need to put anything there?

Ok, I tried your instructions, but it didn't work.  I'm enclosing the voodooHDA.kext you sent me with my audio device string (0x808627d8) and my config.plist file.  Would you please take a look at them?  I'd really appreciate it, MaLdOn. :)

jcrcarmo.zip

Hi MaLdOn, unfortunately it did not work.  Now I've decided to get a decent (newer) motherboard.  I'll choose one that is most compatible in order to avoid problems such as the one I'm having with audio.  Thank you very much for all your time and help.  You're the best!

Hi MaLdOn, I reinstalled macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 and used your latest version of voodooHDA.kext and it's perfect now!  Everything related to audio is working great!  I guess my previous install was too messed up, so I gave it a fresh new start and it worked!  Thank you very much for all your time and help.  You've been very patient.  :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...