First post here, banned for first post on TM...

TheGlenn88

12 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

First post here,

Please feel free to delete/edit this post. But please at least give me a more detailed reason why! So I posted this on TM and got banned for "You have been banned for the following reason: Blatant disregard of Forum Policies on Piracy, using pirated software."

I'm lost as to what anything here has to do with piracy, all the tools used are used on TM?

Any ideas why?

thanks

Mike

Hi all,

I have today followed the guide below to install High Sierra on a HP Prodesk 400 G1 at the below link, I have to say it was pretty faultless. everything worked fine except for issues with GPU acceleration and audio, both issues however fixed within 30 minutes.

I then thought it was a good idea to attempt the same guide on the more recent Dell Vostro 3268 which is running an Intel I5 7400 Kaby Lake CPU, it did not go so well. I first tried with the same image, but changed the config.plist to the Kaby lake version and it doesn't go past the white apple logo, I remade the usb drive again with everything default. Same issue. I messed around with the BIOS so it was default and then tried with all the different options. I even tried using the IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, again doesn't go passed.

Using verbose mode it seems to get to here every time.

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would really appreciate if anyone has had any experience with this Dell setup and might be able to point me in the right direction.

• Intel® Core i5-7400 3GHz
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Interfaces

• Front
    • 2 USB 2.0
    • 1 Universal Audio Jack
    • Rear
    • 2 USB 3.0
    • 2 USB 2.0
    • 1 Gigabit Ethernet
    • 1 HDMI
    • 1 VGA
    • 1 3-stack audio jacks supporting 5.1 surround sound
    • 1 DC in

Thanks

Mike

•  

Hi there and welcome to InsanelyMac.com

TM has a very strict policy against using/installing virtual machines to install macOS and in the guide you posted there is a link and descriptions for installing macOS on a virtual machine.

The bottom line is that you broke their rules and you dot banned.

My advice is to read our Rules as well, because we do not discuss or support tonymac stuffs and apps so I suggest you don't go any further about their site and their rules.

Good luck and I hope you can get you hack up and running with the help of the great members of InasnelyMac.com

• Like 4

Thanks for the replies!

I can understand now even though I do think it's slightly over the top as the post has nothing to do with that even though it links to it in the comments, I don't read all the comments clearly.

I guess I'll be better off banned if they are that proactive.

Happy to remove this post if required, I did read the forum rules here as I did theirs.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies!

I can understand now even though I do think it's slightly over the top as the post has nothing to do with that even though it links to it in the comments, I don't read all the comments clearly.

I guess I'll be better off banned if they are that proactive.

Happy to remove this post if required, I did read the forum rules here as I did theirs.

Take a look at this topic you might find what you are looking for here

• Like 1

Fantastic, thanks cyberdevs. 

I did manage to get a boot using MaLd0n's files, after seeing that post i realised I am running a series H110 chipset. I've just got the last hurdle now overcoming the final kexts for gpu acceleration, wifi and audio.

What are the specs of your hardware? What is you GPU,Wifi Chipset and Audio Codec?

Dell Vostro 3268

Intel i5 7400

8GB RAM

250Gb SSD

GPU is Intel HD Graphics 630

Wifi (and bluetooth) Is the Dell DW1707 which is an Atheros AR9565 chip. Not sure if that requires two drivers but wouldn't think so.

Audo: Don't count on this but I think it's the Realtek ACL3820, I'd have to check as it says in the bios.

tm is a trashy garabage site, the mods have been suspending and banning people left right and center for the dumbest reasons. i have been a member here since 2015 and there since 2011. however i have always browsed both sites.

I have recently limited my traffic on that site for that reason.

Couldn't agree more! TM a very unhelpful site I have found, good if you know exactly what you are doing. Well what's the point in that? On the other hand must get frustrating answering same questions over again. So I dunno...

• Like 1

Glad I read your post and didn't post my followup question there - I dont understand why there should be such a strict policy against VM's.  If it's a violation of the EULA somehow, well the EULA doesn't allow installing on non Mac hardware ANYWAY I mean... but as far as i'm concerned if I pay for a copy of OSX I should be able to do what I want with it, including sticking it on a VM because that may be the only way I can get it to run OR because it may be more convenient for me if I want to run multiple OS'es in parallel on the same machine.

Does anyone have any warning tips about posting at the other site concerning... highly aggressive moderation policies?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...