Dual Boot Hight Sierra and Windows

Trystars

27 posts in this topic

Good morning
Sorry for the inconvenience,
I managed to install all my hackintosh and even though I'm not 100% sure I think I can see everything ....
I'm here to ask you, I at this moment I installed windows 10 in a hdd and another Hdd Hight Sierra .... and when I start the pc if I do not press anything I go into the windows ... and to boot Sierra I have to press F12 and choose the hdd with correct .... it's okay too ... I do not want to risk getting messed up .. but is there a way without formatting anything to put a boot that makes me choose without the f12 of the bios? ?
thank you very much and sorry my english ..

Good morning

Sorry for the inconvenience,

I managed to install all my hackintosh and even though I'm not 100% sure I think I can see everything ....

I'm here to ask you, I at this moment I installed windows 10 in a hdd and another Hdd Hight Sierra .... and when I start the pc if I do not press anything I go into the windows ... and to boot Sierra I have to press F12 and choose the hdd with correct .... it's okay too ... I do not want to risk getting messed up .. but is there a way without formatting anything to put a boot that makes me choose without the f12 of the bios? ?

thank you very much and sorry my english ..

Hi there and welcome to InsanelyMac.com :)

take a look at this: How to make Clover default bootloader after Installing Windows on UEFI

you might find what you are looking for in this guide.

Good Luck.

thank you so much!!!! : D: D
I follow you for a few days and you have already helped me so much to get to this point ... so I also take this opportunity to congratulate you! : D

Thanks again...

p.s. sorry one last thing ... it is possible that installing hight sierra I had to change values ​​from the bios ... and now on windows I do not recognize well some usb .. but if the disconnection and reattachment works ?? : P: P

• Like 1

thank you so much!!!! : D: D

I follow you for a few days and you have already helped me so much to get to this point ... so I also take this opportunity to congratulate you! : D

Thanks again...

p.s. sorry one last thing ... it is possible that installing hight sierra I had to change values ​​from the bios ... and now on windows I do not recognize well some usb .. but if the disconnection and reattachment works ?? : P: P

If you have installed clover on your macOS High Sierra hdd/ssd it should be able to detect both macOS and Windows bootable partitions unless you have created the custom entries to avoid seeing certain partitions.

When you install windows after installing the macOS and clover, it will automatically change the default boot entry in the UEFI boot sequence and you need to either use F8/F11/F12 (depending on the mainboard manufacturer) to change the primary boot device or you need to enter the BIOS/UEFI and change the first boot device from the boot settings.

Now if you can tell me if you already have Clover installed on your macOS SSD/HDD what is the revision number, and if you are using the HFS or APFS as the default format for you macOS drive.

One last thing can you please update your signature with the hardware specs it would be helpful for me and other to know what is your computer's specs and it will help to determine the best solution for your problem.

My PC =>59zc03.png

this is what the mac sees me:

Nome modello: iMac

Identificatore modello: iMac18,3

Nome processore: Intel Core i7

Velocità processore: 3,6 GHz

Numero di processori: 1

Numero totale di Core: 4

Cache L2 (per Core): 256 KB

Cache L3: 8 MB

Memoria: 16 GB

Versione Boot ROM: IM183.0151.B00

Versione SMC (sistema): 2.41f1

Numero di serie (sistema): C02TC3CLJ1GJ

Hardware UUID: 9471E488-0199-5836-9D35-8B120BECBD23

I think everything works even if it's a bit slow .. I think it's the hdd where I installed it old .. I have a ssd with windows 10 ... I disconnected it ... I attached a hdd to test and I installed hight sierra ... and then I hung up everything ....

I haveAPFS as the default format for you macOS drive.

I was panicked ... and I reassembled everything XD XD

now I keep my automatic start on window ... and doing f12 at the beginning if I want the mac

Ok that's good. You can enter the BIOS/UEFI and make the macOS HDD/SSD your default boot device then, right?

If yes then you can use clover to boot into windows using clover.

I try .... thank you very much for your patience ...

on the other hand I realized that in youtube safari remains with the still image .. and if I install flash says it does not work I do not know why ... but more than anything else does not work my sound card ... Realtek HD Audio Driver. .. in theory ... but I can not find the right kext ...

No problem,

For activating the audio use AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext with the Layout ID set to 1 in the config.plist under the Devices.

About the Video I think if you use Shiki.kext it might solve your problem.

thanks ... the two kext audio I had already put .... now I'm looking to set that value to 1 without making trouble ...

also shiki but I video do not trick me anyway on youtube ..

edit: 

mmm on these two problems honestly I do not know how to move ... I do not know how to set that value to 1 ... I looked at some guide but I'm a bit confused ..

155m7i9.png

The Layout ID is already set to 1 but you might need to add an ACPI patch from the "ACPI" section.

Click on "ACPI" in clover configurator and the from the "List of patches" select "change HDAS to HDEF" which will automatically add the patch for you. save the config and reboot. The audio should be working.

I did it .. and I copied well I think your folder and now the audio goes !! thank you so much!!!! (copying your folder I do not have to reset anything right ??) thank you so much !!! : D: D: D we hear it: P: P thank you very much ... without you I would never have succeeded ... thank you very much ... you are a myth !!!!

• Like 1