hibernation frustration

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I've had help here at InsanelyMac to configure my pc to an almost perfect Mac, for which I'm very grateful.

So a big thank you to all developers and in particular to netkas, Slice (FakeSMSC and HWsensors), Maldon for DSDT, vit9696, lvs1974, Rehabman and barijaona.

However, there’s one thing I cannot get to work: hibernation.
I cannot get it to resume after hibernating. Clover shows “hibernated” but as soon as it starts, my machine reboots.

I've followed the guides by Slice and Allan on hibernation, tried hibernationfixup (kext and config.plist), tried every combination of boot arguments and kext available, but to no success.

(I've used FakeSMC from both Slice and Kozlek, currently running FakeSMAC from Slice's HWSensors3-rev43.pkg (installed in CLOVER/kexts/other)).

I used darkwake=8 because it was (pre high sierra time) the only way to wake up and not having a black screen and keeping sound.

On high Sierra I tried darkwake=1 and... I got picture and sound after sleep, so that works.

I don't prefer it though, that during power nap the screen comes back alive too. But that's just a matter of turning of the screen manually.

I noticed that after upgrading to clover r4380 that i had to install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. Before I did not needed it, somehow my rig had a working nvram.
Anyway, I installed with clover setup the AptioMemoryFix and removed OsxAptioFix2Drv, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and the RC scripts. It looks like nvram is working properly again.

Both the darkwake=1 and installation of AptioMemoryFix could not help succeeding.

I still get an instant reboot after clover tries to run the recognised hibernated system.

Clover (v4380) removed osxfatbinarydrv but also with the driver: no start after hibernation.

Here's something remarkable: the size of sleepimage is every single time 2147483648 bytes, but my ram is 32GB!
That doesn't look right, does it?

Anyway, I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 EU motherboard with a MSI GTX 750 videocard and I got QuickSync with the HD530 working.

The system boots from a Samsung 256GB NVME 960 EVO, formatted as HPFS+ (I did not make the transition to APFS, though I did put the APFS.EFI in the Clover drivers folder).

I've been pulling my hairs out, because I cannot get hibernation to work. Help is appreciated as I'm almost bald! ;)

Many thanks in advance,

Eddie