REQUIREMENTS

Fresh installation
One working OSX environment
Whole disk available (No partitions)
Knowledge in PLIST edition
Backup Made (EVERYTHING WILL BE ERASED)
Latest BIOS version
4k sector patch NVME
WIFI CARD DW1560 (EFI FOLDER CONTAIN PATCH FOR THIS CARD ONLY)

1 - CREATE USB

• Download High Sierra from AppStore
  • Plug in your USB Key (16GB or More)
  • Format it with Disk Utility and name it « MyVolume »
  • Launch Terminal and type : sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume
  • Mount the EFI partition /MyVolume/EFI/ with Clover Configurator (See in the EFI Folder)
  • Copy the entire EFI folder linked to the post to /MyVolume/
2 - BIOS SETTINGS

MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECT BEFORE CONTINUE OR IT WILL FAIL ON BOOT !

System Information

•      Check that Video Memory is already 64MB 
  •      Advanced Boot Options (all off

System Configuration
  •      SATA Operation (AHCI)
  •      Drives (all on)
  •      SMART Reporting (on)
  •      USB Configuration (all on)
  •      Dell Type-C Dock Configuration (on)
  •      Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration (all on, no security)
  •      USB PowerShare (on)
  •      Audio (all on)
  •      Touchscreen (on)
  •      Miscellaneous Devices (all on except SD Card Reader)
  •      CPU XD (on) 

Secure Boot

•      Secure Boot Enable (disabled

Intel Software Guard Extensions

•      Intel SGX Enable (Software-Controlled) 

Performance

•      (Everything on/enabled

Power Management

•      (USB Wake Support = off)
  •      (Wake on Dell USB-C Dock = on) 
  •      Wake on WLAN (off)
  •      Block Sleep (off) 

Virtualization Support

•      (Everything on) 

3 - BOOT PROCESS

• Start your computer and press F12 to open the boot menu
  • Boot from your USB Key
  • Select the "Installer from (Your usb key)" (Verbose mode is enable by default to see what's going on if it fail)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAIT ! EVEN IF YOU THINK THAT THE LOADING BAR IS STUCKED IT COULD TAKE 5MIN TO LOAD ENTIRELY

IF IT FAIL SEE THE REHABMAN GUIDE BEFORE ASKING QUESTION

IF YOU CAN'T BOOT YOU CAN TRY TO USE A FAKE IG-PLATFORM
GO TO THE CLOVER OPTION IN THE GRAPHIC PARTS AND USE A FAKE IG-PLATFORM SUCH AS 34567898764

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 - INSTALLATION

- Once arrived on the installation screen
- Open Disk Utility and Erase your Main Hard Drive and format to : MacOS AFPS (not encrypted)
- Go back to the installer continue and choose your Formated Hard Drive to install MacOS.
- The computer will reboot after about 2 min
- Press F12 to choose your usb key and hit ENTER

(YOU COULD HAVE 2 CHOICE DURING THE REBOOT : INSTALLER ON "YOUR DRIVE NAME" OR PRELOADER "YOUR DRIVE NAME". You have to use "Installer on your "drive name" in case it FAIL select the OTHER OPTION.
You will have to do this twice if I remember correctly.

BE CAREFUL YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS BOOT ON YOUR USB KEY BECAUSE CLOVER IS NOT YET INSTALLED ON THE SYSTEM, SO PRESS F12 ON EVERY REBOOT AND CHOOSE YOUR USB KEY UNTIL CLOVER PROPERLY INSTALLED

5 - POST INSTALLATION

- Open Kext Wizard in My EFI folder
- Click on installation tabs browse kext and select ALL THE KEXT IN USB/EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER
- Make sure that the destination drive is your MAIN HARD DRIVE and press INSTALL
- Once done go to MAINTENANCE TAB and select the radio button for System/Library/Extensions and press EXECUTE.

6 - RESTART WITHOUT USB

- Disconnect your usb and reboot normally, everything should work properly now.

!!! CONGRATULATION YOU DID IT !!!

03cd165b414f0315422c6931ac21c016.gif 

if not...

Give us enough clear information in the comments section so we can help you to have this laptop working.

A BIG

thanks.gif 

TO

• Dell for making this laptop
  • Apple for Mac OS
  • RehabMan for so many detailed posts, enormous collection of SSDT files, kext development, and being overall incredibly helpful throughout this whole process
  • KNNSpeed for this amazing guide
  • Pike R. Alpha for his in-depth blog and the 0xE2 patch (among being the source of many other developments and patches)
  • The Clover team for the Clover bootloader
  • netkas, kozlek, and Slice for FakeSMC
  • wmchris for his initial XPS 9550 write-up
  • Jonny4911 for posting his 9560 setup and his version of the AudioFix folder
  • syscl for a lot of work into the XPS 9360 and his build of VoodooPS2Controller
  • darkhandz for his XPS 9550 repo
  • toleda and goodwin_c for audio, ALCPlugFix
  • goodwin_c for HWP
  • dpassmor for the Thunderbolt/USB-C ExpressCard trick
  • vit9696 for Lilu and AppleALC
  • PMHeart for CoreDisplayFixup
  • lvs1974 for NvidiaGraphicsFixup
  • darkvoid for Wi-Fi patches
  • filequit for the 5GHz global channel bonding patch
  • denskop for the "Boot Graphics Glitch" patch
  • netkas, kid2010, and syscl for the Thunderbolt 3 blacklist bypass patch
  • Blazinsmokey for all his good advice and knowledge

AND ALL THE OTHER THAT I DIDN'T QUOTE BUT WHO CONTRIBUTED TO MAKE THIS DREAM HAPPENED !

MORE CUSTOMIZATION

Improve battery life and CPU temperature :

EFI.7z

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks bro!   :thumbsup_anim:

I successfully updated from 10.12 to 10.13 without formating my ssd  :DD

So far almost everything is working as expected and all apps are working just like under 10.12.   :w00t:

The only thing i am missing is working display brightness control.

@zsparrow0 thank you for making the guide. I see that you are moving all kexts to S/L/E. how come you chose to do that instead of moving to L/E or just leaving the kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other?

Hi Ferchizzle it really depend of people from @Rehabman point of you it load kext early and better, but I didn't have any issue so far pasting in S/L/E and "Kext wizard" is doing this by default so should work fine =)

So far almost everything is working as expected and all apps are working just like under 10.12.   :w00t:

Hi you are welcome =)

Try to see if there is a new version of VoodooPS2Controller on rehabman github.

And open kext wizard in "Load tab" to check if he is properly loaded, if not reimport it and don't forget to rebuild the cache.

you dont have nv_disable=1 in your config.plist... you can remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and youll be able to boot fine.... if not. then the nvidia card must work.

have you loaded the web drivers for it?

have you checked ioreg?

I think your are talking to the wrong guy..

I ve got my System Up and running and don't need this Nvidia graphic card to work and IF I would like to that would be impossible.

Because that's optimus technology and Everybody knows that it didn't work on this Pc

yeah i know that it doesnt work because of optimus...

thats fine, u can continue to run an un-optimized system.

sorry for wanting to help you.

I just didn't have time to go further in this type optimization..

I'm happy with my Intel GC, but

If you want to do it and you have time that would be awesome because people are really looking for this feature.

you dont have nv_disable=1 in your config.plist... you can remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and youll be able to boot fine.... if not. then the nvidia card must work.

have you loaded the web drivers for it?

have you checked ioreg?

NvidiaGraphicsFixup is not just for NVIDIA. There's actually multiple uses for it besides making a NVIDIA card work.

The reason for our laptops using this is stated clearly in the original guide created by KNNSpeed. Quoted below.

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext - Enables video out on the HDMI port by causing the board-id check in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy to fail and default to the “none” ConfigMap. (https://sourceforge.net/projects/nvidiagraphicsfixup/)

Just like how a desktop can use this kext it to avoid black screen on boot by using a ConfigMap of "none" our laptops can use this method so that our HDMI out will function properly.

yeah i know that it doesnt work because of optimus...

thats fine, u can continue to run an un-optimized system.

sorry for wanting to help you.

Don't be sorry for wanting to help. If he removes that kext, how would you get the HDMI working the "optimized" way? I'm fascinated by your tremendous knowledge on how our hack's components are setup to function. Please enlighten us.

• Like 1

Hi :)

I'm quite scared of changing the following BIOS settings:

SATA Operation (AHCI),

Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration (all on, no security),

USB PowerShare (on), 

Miscellaneous Devices (all on except SD Card Reader),

Secure Boot Enable (disabled)

Can I avoid changing some of these? What happens if I don't change the one referring to SDs? At the end of the day hackintosh won't use them.

Do I actually risk anything by changing the power management of the I/O ports?

Moreover, I should add that I'd like to install the OS on a external SSD (via USB3.0): can I follow the guide from Zsparrow0 and simply select my external Drive in Disk Utility?

Thanks!

Hi :)

I'm quite scared of changing the following BIOS settings:

SATA Operation (AHCI),

Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration (all on, no security),

USB PowerShare (on),

Miscellaneous Devices (all on except SD Card Reader),

Can I avoid changing some of these? What happens if I don't change the one referring to SDs? At the end of the day hackintosh won't use them.

Do I actually risk anything by changing the power management of the I/O ports?

Moreover, I should add that I'd like to install the OS on a external SSD (via USB3.0): can I follow the guide from Zsparrow0 and simply select my external Drive in Disk Utility?

Thanks!

Hi, these options for the BIOS are just advise to make sure you can access to the boot installation.

You can try different options and see if it work =)

The SD card will be disable just to use less energy and will never be compatible with that pc.

You can use it on your SSD external but make sure that he is compatible and properly erased in the right format.

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind reply :) What Bios option do you think are strictly necessary then?

Moreover, do you think I should follow this guide or this other one?

Thanks!

Of course you can follow the guide from KNNSpeed which is really good. You have a mix of people with sierra and High Sierra so double check their config before making change.

For me th most important are these options :

SATA Operation (AHCI)

USB PowerShare (on)

Hey, I’m having issues booting into the installer. In verbose mode it loads really quick and ends in what looks like a panic. I attached a picture to my post. Can you try and help me out? Thanks

Did you manage to solve this? I'm still on the fence and don't know to try this tutorial or not :)

I did the same, but are you able to update to 10.13.3?

The ones who did a clean install apparently were able to, but I'm stuck at 10.13.1 and I upgraded from 10.12 (the update downloads and restarts but I get a bunch of errors when it's upgrading so it reverts)

Like with 10.12 I can't seem to get HDMI audio working... did anyone else have any luck?

Hi make sure that you have the latest FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and FakePCIID.kext.

See the rehabman bitbucket repo for download

I did the same, but are you able to update to 10.13.3?

The ones who did a clean install apparently were able to, but I'm stuck at 10.13.1 and I upgraded from 10.12 (the update downloads and restarts but I get a bunch of errors when it's upgrading so it reverts)

I'm actually in 10.13.2 did'nt do the update to 10.13.3 because I get panic maybe need to wait for kext update.

But 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 should work smoother.

Check one by one your kext to see if you have the latest version if not replace theme, rebuild the cache and do the direct update.

Hey, I’m having issues booting into the installer. In verbose mode it loads really quick and ends in what looks like a panic. I attached a picture to my post. Can you try and help me out? Thanks

Restart the tutorial and follow it step by step.

Everything should work fine.

If you have a kernel panic it means that you missed one boot option or you have a conflict between kext.

Check this and retry

Hi make sure that you have the latest FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and FakePCIID.kext.

See the rehabman bitbucket repo for download

I'm actually in 10.13.2 did'nt do the update to 10.13.3 because I get panic maybe need to wait for kext update.

But 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 should work smoother.

Check one by one your kext to see if you have the latest version if not replace theme, rebuild the cache and do the direct update.

Hi, I got the latest FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext (I had to get the newest FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for the wifi to work), used KextWizard to install/repair permissions/rebuild cache/etc. and put it in my EFI clover folder as well but the HDMI audio still isn't working. Is yours working? A lot of people had trouble getting it to work for 10.12

& I guess I'll wait for the kext update for 10.13 as well.. it seems like this user has already gotten it though https://github.com/gunslinger23/XPS15-9560-High-Sierra

I new to hackintosh scene, sorry for the dumb question. Is this tutorial for upgrading a hackintosh to its latest version or to do a fresh install?

Hi Antomaug and welcome in the Hackintosh Scene lol.

I made this guide only for fresh install.

The direct upgrade is not possible from 10.12 to 10.13 because they made changes in the system files.

Let me know if you have any questions

I successfully upgraded from 10.12 to 10.13 without loosing any data, configs or programs.

At 4) Installation don't format your ssd and select your previous installation as destination.
Follow all other steps as described.

Did it 3 Weeks ago.
No problems with the system so far.