[HELP] Can't install AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series on High Sierra

zafirofx

73 posts in this topic

All I can say at this point is to use the latest clover I posted and do a clean install.

Ok, just clicked “download” at High Sierra app on App Store. It will take 2min , I’ll create the bootable USB with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], after that I’ll replace the Clover that [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installs with the one you just gave me. All right? Any advices?

NO! don't use those apps!!!!! we do not support those tools and you don't need them anyway.

use this command in terminal instead:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app —nointeraction

just use disk utility to erase the USB disk and leave the title as is "Untitled" then open terminal and use the command I gave you to create the USB installer. once it's done mount the EFI folder and copy the one I gave you.

NO! don't use those apps!!!!! we do not support those tools and you don't need them anyway.

use this command in terminal instead:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app —nointeraction

just use disk utility to erase the USB disk and leave the title as is "Untitled" then open terminal and use the command I gave you to create the USB installer. once it's done mount the EFI folder and copy the one I gave you.

Oh!!! I’m so sorry. I’ll do that then :)

Ok, just read them. I’m currently installing HighSierra on the USB

That's good, I hope you get it to work this time. Just remember to keep the iGPU disabled and set the AMD GPU as primary in BIOS.

Good luck.

• Like 1

That's good, I hope you get it to work this time. Just remember to keep the iGPU disabled and set the AMD GPU as primary in BIOS.

Good luck.

Waited about 3 mins of booting screen and suddenly black screen :/

post-1658559-0-18791200-1516208707_thumb.jpeg

Give it few minutes on my 7790 it takes few minutes to boot into the second stage. This might be the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+10 minutes with black screen , any flags?

+10 minutes with black screen , any flags?

Give it few minutes on my 7790 it takes few minutes to boot into the second stage. This might be the same

Oh, now the computer went off

This is the EFI folder I use on my Asus P7H55 with the AMD Radeon HD 7790. If this doesn't get your system going I'm not sure what else can :rofl:

Just remember that my system doesn't have UEFI support. It's legacy BIOS.

Okay, I’m booting the HDD and installing the EFI folder on the USB, let’s see...

This is the EFI folder I use on my Asus P7H55 with the AMD Radeon HD 7790. If this doesn't get your system going I'm not sure what else can :rofl:

Just remember that my system doesn't have UEFI support. It's legacy BIOS.

Again, nothing. Black screen again :S

Well, there must another problem with your setup because I just used that EFI folder on my rig it boots into macOS Sierra with no problem and I'm installing High Sierra as we speak.

What should I do? What do you need? Are you using the DVI or de HDMI port on the 7790?

You can either change the DVI port on the GPU or use the HDMI cable, DVI port mapping had some issues with the whatevergreen kext and do you have multiple displays or just one display?

Holly molly, just connected the gpu to a hdmi screen and it works!!! Not it home now so I’ll install it later. Thank you so much :D

• Like 1

Good luck :)

Omfg it is working, I had a HDMI to VGA cable so I can use the HDMI out of the gpu with my VGA screen

Good luck :)

It recognizes perfectly the AMD 7790. You don’t how much grateful I am, seriously. Thank you so much, friend.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello Cyberdevs

I am trying install High Sierra on my machine. Please check the config below. I tried with with HighSierraAMDV3 as descrived in https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4127

Everything ok until the last portions of booting OS from SDD. I am having black screen. Ive tried with config>config_RadeonDeInt and I get somethings halloween screen sometimes pink screen and sometimes I can here macOS setup voiceover. I am including some screenshot here. Please give me some suggestions.

Albhee

Ryzen 5 2600

Asus ROG Strix B350-F

sapphire R7 250X 1GB

8GB DDR4 RAM

IMG_20190219_192945.jpg

IMG_20190219_193612.jpg

Screenshot_20190219-195804.png

Edited by albhee