[HELP] Can't install AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series on High Sierra

zafirofx

73 posts in this topic

Try this

Gonna try that.

Try this

Still can’t boot , the same as the other Clover, that text appearing and disappearing. Also I could read a “can’t load amd...kext”

Try this

I have recorded the boot sequence , let’s see if you see any error there

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NYdPDlE8xZnBB27LIRGXlO4T2_Qs36Ms

Try this

I used this on a i5 3XXX series laptop worked great try this I modded a little for ATI.

attachicon.gifEFI.zip

None of them activated my graphics card. cyberdevs , let's see if we can try more things and Gigamaxx, that Clover folder booted , but still doesn't recognizes my graphics card.

There are 3 GPUs with the same device ID as yours Radeon HD 7770/8760/R7 250X.

Did you ever try to use another version of macOS before High Sierra?

One last question do you have IGPU/IGFX enabled in BIOS?

There are 3 GPUs with the same device ID as yours Radeon HD 7770/8760/R7 250X.

Did you ever try to use another version of macOS before High Sierra?

One last question do you have IGPU/IGFX enabled in BIOS?

A couple of years ago I tried to install Yosemite but I had a non-compatible keyboard so I went back to Windows. In BIOS I have “Init Display First” set in Auto.

Disable IGPU in BIOS and use the clover folder I posted here.

Getting High Sierra to boot with two GPUs is bit more complicated. Try with iGPU/iGFX set to disable and your AMD GPU set as primary in BIOS and see how it goes.

Disable IGPU in BIOS and use the clover folder I posted here.

Getting High Sierra to boot with two GPUs is bit more complicated. Try with iGPU/iGFX set to disable and your AMD GPU set as primary in BIOS and see how it goes.

Gonna try it :)

P.S

Use GPUz in windows to make sure that you have the R7 250X with the device id 683D, if you have the R7 250 (non X) you might be out fo luck.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

I’ve tried to boot from the Clover2 folder and nothing. I had set as primary graphics my gpu

and deactivated the intel integrated graphics. Gonna make a partition for Windows, here I have a usb ready to install it.

You don’t have to install windows

Just use the first clover folder to boot into macos without the amd GPU support. Use dpcimanager and gather the device id form there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just use the first clover folder to boot into macos without the amd GPU support. Use dpcimanager and gather the device id form there

Ok , gonna do that.

If I click the lens next to the AMD card that I highlighted on the another photo, it shows me this.

post-1658559-0-28618900-1516202431_thumb.png

post-1658559-0-58242900-1516202439_thumb.png

post-1658559-0-67488200-1516203412_thumb.png

Are you sure that you have R7 250X?

Well , I have the package of the GPU and it says AMD Radeon HD 7790 but in the GPU there are ASUS stickers in the fans

Are you sure that you have R7 250X?

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/HD7790DC2OC1GD5/this is right my gpu

According to the device ID which is 665C you have an AMD Radeon HD 7790 not a R7 250X. The Asus stickers are from the manufacturer.

Your GPU is supported because I have the same GPU in one of my hacks but the vendor is Sapphire.

Replace the whole EFI folder on your USB disk with this one.

EFI.zip

I can’t boot. It doesnt show me anything

According to the device ID which is 665C you have an AMD Radeon HD 7790 not a R7 250X. The Asus stickers are from the manufacturer.

Your GPU is supported because I have the same GPU in one of my hacks but the vendor is Sapphire.

Replace the whole EFI folder on your USB disk with this one.

post-1658559-0-50904000-1516204869_thumb.jpeg

OK, here's what you need to do, copy the APFS.efi from your own clover folder under /Clover/Drivers64 or /Clover/Drivers64uefi to the same path on the USB disk

Okay, thanks, let’s see. :)

OK, here's what you need to do, copy the APFS.efi from your own clover folder under /Clover/Drivers64 or /Clover/Drivers64uefi to the same path on the USB disk

Could boot, but again I have  a “Screen Screen” 3megabytes