How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

KGP-iMacPro

iMacPro Build/Guide Feedback   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Does this guide help you in your endeavour?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

656 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

you have also to delete other Install macOS High Sierra present in your system

yes...I'm under 13.3.(17D2102)....I try download from apps store full os x 13.4 , but only 22 Mb downloaded... I try 15 times ... 

Edited by corint1

Nvidia Web Driver links xx.162 and xx.163 for 17E199 of @fantomas1 in the High Sierra Insanelymac Web Driver thread are broken and more than confusing. Up to my knowledge, there is no 17E2199 build. Are there really two web drivers for a standard and iMacPro build? 17C199 is a combo build. Up to my knowledge there is no separate 17E2199 iMacPro Build.  

Even the links of @Cyberdevs for Web drivers xxx.160 and xxx.161 as well as xxx.158 and xxx.159 are more than confusing and are apparently wrong in addition. Two web drivers for build 17D102? And web drivers for builds 17D2102 and 17D2012? Note that build 17D2012 does not exist at all. The correct web driver for 17D2102 is xxx.159! Web Drivers xxx.160 and xxx.161 are for 17D104 and 17D2104, respectively?

Please fix....

@fabiosun

Fabiosun, please can you re-upload me the file with the patched MSR 0xE2 register bios for my Gigabyte x299 UD4 file X299UD4.F6d ?

( i thinked i had issue with Update CPU Microcode on F6d downgraded to F5 but noway it was my bad settings on my bios for overclocking)

Edited by Loloflat6

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@KGP-iMacPro

The links @fantomas1 posted are not available yet and he just posted those link which "Presumably" Nvidia will release soon.

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 2.55.16 PM.png

Thanks for the info. But can you please fix your Web Driver links for 10.13.3 SA as indicated in post

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

@KGP-iMacPro

from which OSX are you trying?

I have had same your problem from 10.13.3 and from 10.13.4 release

I have dowloaded full installer from 10.13.4 beta 7 
I don't know if it is related from different preferences I have on beta 7 applestore

3 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Thanks for the info. But can you please fix your Web Driver links for 10.13.3 SA as indicated in post

That must be a typo on my part and thanks for pointing that out but the web driver 158 and 159 do really exist, after that macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 was released, Apple has released a supplemental update and therefore Nvidia released the 160 and 161 web drivers. I don't remember which build number was the original 10.13.3 but the build number for the 10.13.3 after supplemental update is 17D102 on a regular Mac and 17D2102 is for iMacPro. I'll check it out and will fix the build numbers ;)

19 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@KGP-iMacPro

from which OSX are you trying?

I have had same your problem from 10.13.3 and from 10.13.4 release

I have dowloaded full installer from 10.13.4 beta 7 
I don't know if it is related from different preferences I have on beta 7 applestore

10.13.4 release

17 minutes ago, corint1 said:

good and what can be done in this case? is there a single version?

to wait until we find a fix.... I am already in PM contact with @macandrea..

3 hours ago, fabiosun said:

You have to way to do it

via config.plist (search in your ioreg device id for HDAU and patch it as @FredWst have said in beta 10.13.4 or use a AppleAlc kext with your device injected in it (see appleALC thread for this

roll back as you did is fine too :)

The entire story seems quite defuse. Any clear guidelines?

What about using AppleALC v1.2.5 and Lilu v1.2.3?

BTW.. I am not able to successfully compile AppleALC v1.2.5, although I have the Lilu v1.2.2 debug kext in the AppleALC Source directory... 

I will come up with a major guide update during the extend weekend. However, several issues have to be clarified in advance. 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

defuse? I can't translate it well :)

Post if you want your ioreg I would like to see your device ID for HDAU

Reading those posts I quoted here you should be able to patch with all you need like I did

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 1.24.23 PM.png

Edited by Guest
my device id attached

9 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

defuse? I can't translate it well :)

Post if you want your ioreg I would like to see your device ID for HDAU

Reading those posts I quoted here you should be able to patch with all you need like I did

diffuse.. sorry for the typo..

5abe1e089614a_ScreenShot2018-03-30at13_21_36.thumb.png.c033e5e930891d052df168ce149773ae.png

Hardware.thumb.png.929bf0021b037c4b06f29f3adb204976.png

No time to go through dozens of pages...I also have to come up with a clear guideline for all of us.. Thus, please, if you are able to distribute a clear and short summary with instructions it would be for the benefit of everybody ...

Thanks in advance,

KGP

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

if you want try this without other injection for hdmi

you have the same device id of mine so it should work also for you

AppleALC.kext.zip

OR alternative method is

in kerneltopatch with clover configurator

add this

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController
f
DE100B0E
r
DE10EF10

comment FredWst hdmi patch
MatchOs 10.13.4

Edited by Guest
added some infos

19 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

if you want try this without other injection for hdmi

you have the same device id of mine so it should work also for you

AppleALC.kext.zip

OR alternative method is

in kerneltopatch with clover configurator

add this

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController
f
DE100B0E
r
DE10EF10

comment FredWst hdmi patch
MatchOs 10.13.4

You mean KextToPatch... works for me :thumbsup_anim:..

Does it also work with AppleALC 1.2.4 and Lilu 1.2.2? 

Update:

KextToPatch works with AppleALC 1.2.4 and Lilu 1.2.2 binary release distributions 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro
  • Like 1

yes I did a typo

if KextToPatch is working for you you can use also only AppleAlc I posted before (only kext without patch in config)

one is alternative to the other (both did the same thing)

23 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

You mean KextToPatch... works for me :thumbsup_anim:..

Does it also work with AppleALC 1.2.4 and Lilu 1.2.2? 

Update:

KextToPatch works with AppleALC 1.2.4 and Lilu 1.2.2 binary release distributions 

PS

all thanks goes @FredWst and @vit9696

Edited by Guest
kudos

1 hour ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Update:

Only this I quoted from you is enough to have hdmi/dp audio working for some Pascal gfx

if you want to understand better try to see here

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/blob/master/Resources/Controllers.plist

inside this plist is possible to include device id of your HDAU as you have in compiled AppleALC 1.2.4 

with this kext is possible to avoid using config.plist patch

to summarize, to have a working HDMI/DP audio you can do in two way:

1) config.plist AppleHDAController patch with your hdau device id

OR

2) adding in controller.plist of AppleALC.kext your device id

Edited by Guest

@KGP-iMacPro

Nvidia Web Driver links xx.162 and xx.163 for 17E199 of @fantomas1 in the High Sierra Insanelymac Web Driver thread are broken and more than confusing. Up to my knowledge, there is no 17E2199 build.

The links are not broken - WebDrivers are just not available yet. I posted those links because 99% of probability they will be the good ones.

If you didn't see a '17E2199' build yet, it doesn't mean that the build doesn't exist. And even if it is the case, why it is confusing while we can edit the post in the next minute?  ;)

Two web drivers for build 17D102? And web drivers for builds 17D2102 and 17D2012? Note that build 17D2012 does not exist at all. The correct web driver for 17D2102 is xxx.159! Web Drivers xxx.160 and xxx.161 are for 17D104 and 17D2104, respectively?

You have to ask Apple for that:

10.13.3.PNG

Then Apple released supplemental updates (update, combo... and iMac Pro), Nvidia just followed with 2 new webdrivers.

And it will happen the same with 10.13.4.  ;)